.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6800
If the engineer kit had the Clark I'd never use support.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
They are all noobie kits at the begining, use what you like & what your good at, then try & branch out later.
CackNBallz
+45|6713|Toronto, Canada

Spark wrote:

I think he meant the Krylov.
That is correct.

Another strategy to combat against a couple of support guys, is to throw EMP grenades, then have an assault (me) throw smoke down the hall and then rush.  They will be chucking grenades, but it will be behind us as they are usually aiming at the entrance to the corridor.  I have gotten a few knife kills this way, and proceeded to give them a taste of some Earl Grey tea(bag)

Another one is to again throw EMP to halt the sentry guns, smoke grenades and then rockets, but then you don't have a slot space for a defibrillator...

This takes teamwork, which doesn't happen that often on public servers. Try to get friendly with some clans by frequenting their servers and getting to know them.  Also, if they have a Ventrilo or TeamSpeak server try to join it, so you can get to know them even better.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6814|Reykjavík, Iceland.
Engineer has and will always be my favorite kit, from BF1942 to BF2142 and beyond, I've always been a vehicle user (best part of the series are vehicles) and you can stay alive longer in a vehicle if you are engi. The Baur-H is also a wonderful beast, much better than the noobish spray-voss.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6346|Inside the AR Rockets.
I don't usually play support, for me its hard (The MG unlock pisses me off cause it gets bigger when I prone, then I have to wit for it to go down, and then I have to start shooting to kill the guy, but by them Im already dead)

The support kit is a camping kit.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6681|Sweden

HUNDaemon wrote:

I don't usually play support, for me its hard (The MG unlock pisses me off cause it gets bigger when I prone, then I have to wit for it to go down, and then I have to start shooting to kill the guy, but by them Im already dead)

The support kit is a camping kit.
Try to only crouch you won´t have to wait that long then, and you´re still fairly accurate.
SlightlySto0pid
+7|6420|New York
Actually most people that say support isn't a really really easy kit are idiots. I'm sorry, but if you can't figure out that you should shoot at <the wall, the ground, space, whatever> before shooting a person so that you have max accuracy the whole time, you obviously don't think very hard. If you think that out-sniping snipers with a machine gun then beating an assault rifle in point blank isn't overpowered, you're nuts. The ONLY downfall of the support kit is that it can't heal itself. Infinite grenades, sentry gun to support you, infinite ammo, huge clip, pinpoint accurate machine gun....This kit has it all.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6414
yea the support is very powerfully... but it has it weaknesses. a fairly competent sniper can kill a support fairly well, and the assault class can kill a camping support player really easy with rockets... the key to killing a support is to either sneak up on him, or to engage him while he is moving so he won't be so accurate

i use the Voss +rockets+defibs and i like to fire off my rockets then charge him... the rockets tend to either kill him or make him dive for cover. i then charge in and finish him off or throw a nade and get him.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

JohnLeavitt wrote:

yea the support is very powerfully... but it has it weaknesses. a fairly competent sniper can kill a support fairly well, and the assault class can kill a camping support player really easy with rockets... the key to killing a support is to either sneak up on him, or to engage him while he is moving so he won't be so accurate

i use the Voss +rockets+defibs and i like to fire off my rockets then charge him... the rockets tend to either kill him or make him dive for cover. i then charge in and finish him off or throw a nade and get him.
this isn't about you. this is about the support kit. not how "leet" you think you are. go back to your hole.
and I see you've forgotten about our little spelling lesson already..
JohnLeavitt
+16|6414

spawnofthemist wrote:

JohnLeavitt wrote:

this isn't about you. this is about the support kit. not how "leet" you think you are. go back to your hole.
and I see you've forgotten about our little spelling lesson already..
wtf did i say i was "LEET" no i just mentioned my tactics on killing support. stuff that is actually possible not "textbook" shit. i get killed by support all the time, but i just wanted to share my tips on killing support.

BTW, go fuck urself with a pine cone Spawn...
Dex Luther
+32|6409|Canukastan

JohnLeavitt wrote:

In a titan hallway how are you supposed to launch your rockets if you can't turn the corner? You turn the corner to launch your rockets and you get a face full of lead. Why? Because there's 4-5 support guys camping the end of the hallway with their MG's (LMG or HMG), their little shield and their sentry next to them. They usually also have ammo boxes scattered around in the group for spamming nades if the need should arise. Your method won't kill them in this situation.

And a snipers main advantage is range. They get you from beyond your range so you can't counter attack. Support's problem is that they've got just as much as snipers. They might not be as accurate, but there's no need for that when you can spam the area where the sniper is with bullets. You're bound to hit something.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-11-24 10:27:57)

JohnLeavitt
+16|6414

Dex Luther wrote:

JohnLeavitt wrote:

In a titan hallway how are you supposed to launch your rockets if you can't turn the corner? You turn the corner to launch your rockets and you get a face full of lead. Why? Because there's 4-5 support guys camping the end of the hallway with their MG's (LMG or HMG), their little shield and their sentry next to them. They usually also have ammo boxes scattered around in the group for spamming nades if the need should arise. Your method won't kill them in this situation.

And a snipers main advantage is range. They get you from beyond your range so you can't counter attack. Support's problem is that they've got just as much as snipers. They might not be as accurate, but there's no need for that when you can spam the area where the sniper is with bullets. You're bound to hit something.
who the hell said i was talking about titan hallways, i have used the rockets in the hallways but i usually play conquest where the support dont have hallways to camp. to get around the support whores in the titans, rush the consoles right after the shields are down b4 the support whores show up...

the main key to taking out support as a sniper is to let him attack a different player then once he is busy, head shot him... use some imagination dude...

Last edited by JohnLeavitt (2006-11-24 10:34:56)

Dex Luther
+32|6409|Canukastan

JohnLeavitt wrote:

Dex Luther wrote:

JohnLeavitt wrote:

who the hell said i was talking about titan hallways, i have used the rockets in the hallways but i usually play conquest where the support dont have hallways to camp. to get around the support whores in the titans, rush the consoles right after the shields are down b4 the support whores show up...

the main key to taking out support as a sniper is to let him attack a different player then once he is busy, head shot him... use some imagination dude...
*rollseyes* Your way of "beating" support is by avoiding it. GJ. You can't always get to the titans before the support whore show up. Even if you do, you can't always blow all the consoles before they get there, and a smart titan player sets up defense when he sees his titan's shields getting low.

You can't always count on a support dude shooting someone else.

Your methods look good on paper, but in game they won't often be successful.

BTW: I'm the one talking about titan mode. You made it about conquest. Still, there are plenty of places on conquest maps where a support can camp just like in the titan halls.

Last edited by Dex Luther (2006-11-24 12:33:18)

JohnLeavitt
+16|6414
ya but in most of the conquest spots you can at least fire missiles at them or snipe them...
spawnofthemist
Banned

JohnLeavitt wrote:

ya but in most of the conquest spots you can at least fire missiles at them or snipe them...
dude.. what is it with you..

you HAVE to be fucking right.. dont you..

if someone does so much as disagree, you go MENTAL at them..

and you ALWAYS have to have the last word..

what is your fucking problem?
DaBombadier
+8|6378|Sooooo coooold....Canada....
ok guys what about the Ganz HMG, unlock or no unlock?
spawnofthemist
Banned
for titan corridor defense, it's good.

best to leave it as a field unlock for now..
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6496|South Florida
Support is such a newb kit because i hate nade spammers and all nade spammers are support so that means you must be a nade spammer so you suck

the end
15 more years! 15 more years!
Dex Luther
+32|6409|Canukastan

spawnofthemist wrote:

JohnLeavitt wrote:

haha

for once I agree with you.

+1 for you!
spawnofthemist
Banned

Dex Luther wrote:

spawnofthemist wrote:

JohnLeavitt wrote:

haha

for once I agree with you.

+1 for you!
glad we see eye to eye on something at least
DaBombadier
+8|6378|Sooooo coooold....Canada....

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

Support is such a newb kit because i hate nade spammers and all nade spammers are support so that means you must be a nade spammer so you suck

the end
yo f**k you man don't come in here and try to critisize my awesome skills!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard