Grymlok
+0|6735
I was looking at my Win/Loss by Army stats and noticed that I'm 28 wins and 4 losses as Navy SEALs.  I'm assuming this mostly comes from playing Iron Gator, where most of the time it seems the MEC forces can't get a foothold on the boat fast enough to avoid losing to ticket bleed.  So anyway, what's your win/loss as Navy SEALs?  I'm just curious.
Grymlok
+0|6735
Speaking of Iron Gator, I thought I'd throw in some of my thoughts on succeeding as MEC. In my experience, the big chopper is the best bet for MEC to get to the boat, but only if the pilot knows what he's doing. 

When I'm MEC, I spawn near the choppers, sprint forward and grab the ATV, and drive it to the big chopper (careful not to mow anyone down on the way).  As the chopper is warming up, I quickly form a squad and type in all caps "JOIN ECHO FOR CHOPPER DROPS" (where Echo is the squad I formed).  I then take off vertically and start climbing straight up.  Missile lock from the carrier usually occurs almost instantly, but I just flare through the first missiles and keep climbing up. 

After at least 10-15 seconds of gaining altitude, I head for the carrier and fly over the Viewing Deck area, and (hopefully) my passengers bail out (I try to use the "Bail Out" quick chat, but dropping flares and spiraling above the flag take priority).  At this point, I can usually spiral upward and keep the chopper roughly over the carrier for the rest of the game (although once we get a flag or two I usually just bail when the chopper is empty).

The optimal situation at that point is for people to join my squad, spawn in the chopper, bail out and fall to the carrier (last-second parachute really helps avoid the AA guns), and hopefully make it to safety on the boat somewhere.  Personally I find that the door at flight deck level, on the east side of the boat sort of below the Viewing Deck, is the best point of entry, but parachute drops are a bit tough to land on a dime.

What teammates should then do is leave my squad (making it so more people can spawn for a chopper drop), and form a new squad (making it so that people can spawn at them on the boat).  My favorite strategy is to head down to the bottom level and cap the Mess Hall and the Engine Room.  Then head up to the Hangar, and on from there.

Anyway, all this is just my opinion, but that's some of the strategies I've found really help MEC to have a chance on Iron Gator.
slidero
46 and 3, probably from commanding on Iron Gator and Devil's Perch.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6761|Debris From Space
Sorry to be rude, but shouldn't this be in SF:Chatter?
Grymlok
+0|6735
Sorry you're right, I guess it does belong in SF Chatter.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6879|United Kingdom
12 and 0 i think, dont play much sf
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6754|The Netherlands
41 wins and 38 loses on the gator
Kobrakai
Weirdo
+152|6822|England
Navy Seals: