E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6658|UK
On vanilla, I'm not a sniping fan at all, I like to go assult or medic (if you look at my stats, I have more kills with the gun itself than the GL launcher) but since I got SF I've been pretty much sniping every round.

Now, I know a lot of people dislike snipers, but a lot of the maps on SF are PERFECT for sniping.

I know I'm not the best at sniping and I do enjoy it very much. I've also had a lot of people (after I've killed them) call me a "noob" because "snipers are gay and scared to face a real head on fight". After a few hours playing on one of the UK servers, I had a guy calling me all sorts of names because he didn't like snipers and I kept killing him.

I am not one of those snipers that go and lie down right in the middle of a gun battle and try and kill people. I stay well away, tactics and keeping safe require as much skill as being able to kill someone and get away before someone comes and uncovers your position. Sometimes I stay so far away I can only see the outlines of the players.

What I like and love about sniping is finding a good spot and waiting about for your next victim..then BANG. If I get a headshot then that is when I am most happy.

Not because head shots are generally harder (if the guy's lying down not moving then its very easy) but because of the so unexpected death of your player. One second you're checking your map to see where flags need capping, checking your ammo making sure you have a full clip before going into the gun battle..then all of a sudden you see the sky and the spawn screen pops up and you think..

WTF?!

Thats why I like sniping.

But wait, I've been intrigued by sniping for a long time, my interest in the field first came about on the very first POLICE QUEST: SWAT (if anyone remembers or has played that game). I always chose to be the sniper. I've also enquired about being a sniper in the army, the drills and practice, to being engaged in combat and what a sniper must do (it's not all about killing, for those who think it is)

Alot of the time I spend looking through the scope at enemies, but not shooting, telling players in my squad where they are and where they are heading as a lot of the time firing off a shot at them which is bound to miss gives away your position and lets the enemies know you are about.

Tonight I got a few kills I was proud of, coming down in a parachute I killed 3 people in a row and another one, someone wizzed passed me on a quad bike so I quickly turned around, zoomed in and followed him (with the xh just in front of him) and hit him in the head on my first attempt.

If there are any people like me, look out for me, I'm usually on the 64 player UK servers in the evenings till early hours of the morning.

Wow this is a lot longer than I thought it'd be, but I thought I'd try and show you that all snipers aren't gung-ho loonies.

Last edited by E7IX3R (2006-01-09 19:05:48)

gundemon20
+1|6660|GA
I'm with you on that. I think snipers in both vanilla bf2 and special forces should get a little more credit than they presently get.  Personally, I love when I am backing up some guys taking a flag and there just happens to be an enemy who spawned out of nowhere.  I then either spot them or I can kill them, and by no means do i profess to be an expert sniper, but I am good enough to hit a moving target with the m24 or even the m95 consistently and kill them.  Just my two cents.....
pvtepyle
+0|6736
E7IX3R i think you and I had a stand off last night on one of the UK servers... it was back and forth sniping for one of the rounds if it was indeed you... Lots of fun.. and I agree.  The sensation of getting a clean snipe from time to time is nice... my most recent memory was a guy zipping across to buildings on his Zip-line.. i quickly turn - scope - squeeze.. "you killed ------" 

See you in game... hopefully in my cross hairs
Octavarium
+1|6680
My favourite part of being a sniper was on Sharqi the other day.

This guy knifed me twice and says something like: "How do ya like my knife skills" (totally light hearted btw)

So I made a point of sniping him at least 4 times over the round!! Then asking how he liked my sniping!

Next round he went sniper and we had a round long sniper battle!!!
$kelet0r
+16|6652

Octavarium wrote:

My favourite part of being a sniper was on Sharqi the other day.

This guy knifed me twice and says something like: "How do ya like my knife skills" (totally light hearted btw)

So I made a point of sniping him at least 4 times over the round!! Then asking how he liked my sniping!

Next round he went sniper and we had a round long sniper battle!!!
nice!
who won?
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6814|Germany / Saxony
I <3 the Dragunov SVD in SF...
Much better than the M95... it pwns at mid and short range, and even at long range if you remember the bullet drop...
The only sniper-rifle that I like more is the Type 88, but unfortunately it is not available in SF :-(

Last edited by Eckzack (2006-01-10 09:49:47)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6748
well sniper is my favorite kit, i haven't play as sniper the last couple of days, but still
the other day i was playing on night fly and this guy killed me 2 times in row, then he said it must suck to be real-maton (my nick) then i sniped him 4 times in a row and i told him, yes it sucks to be me, then  he killed me again while i was sniping some other dude, and he started to say i could kill him, and i told him dude i just killed you 4 times in a row, and he said but those were sniping kills, those don't count
hehehe what a moron, the in the next round i killed a couple of times and disconected from the server
BeautifulJesus
+0|6652|WV
Since everyone is talking about their "favorite sniping stories" I have a few to share too First off, I've always loved the sniper kit. I don't know what it is about being about to take out a person that's running around with one shot, but I love it. Anyway, story time. I was playing on Mashtuur and I was up on the building everyone goes to, ha. Well I was having a pretty good round and with, say, 15-20 minutes left people figured out where I was. I had a total of 4 or 5 people after me, I think. A few of 'em had changed to sniper but they quickly changed after I killed 'em a couple times. I also had 2 people at the bottom of the ladder to get up throwing grenades and such because I had the ladder bugged. Well I ran out of ammo and got supplies. It took them up until there was about a minute left until the game ended to kill me. Once I respawned I knew they were up there rapping my body probably so I was able to kill one before the round was over...that one was intense.

Another story was just kind of funny. I was on the hotel at Gulf of Oman and I had a few people going after me. They couldn't climb the ladder because I bugged it, like always. Well one of them got the bright idea to hop in a heli and then get me. Once they landed on the roof I figured they were going to switch into the side gun and blow me away but instead they got out. I then took the heli, said thank you, and flew off, haha.

One of the things I like about sniping is when you kill someone and then see them respawn as a sniper...gotta love that.

Oh, and one more story then I'm done. I was stuck in a spot and me and another guy were sniping at each other, from fairly close range. We were both walking back and forth trying to get the other and he ended up getting me. Once he killed me he decided to say, "Dance bitch." After I respawned, I got in a car, ran over him and told him to, "lay down, bitch." He responded to that by telling me to, "eat God bitch." I'm still unsure as to what that means, but I had a nice laugh at it. *Sorry for the language*

Ok, I'm done. Thanks for reading
dub_deuces
+1|6688
I think the sniper kits should have 1 thing added to them.... a grappling hook... just imagine the sniper possibilities with one of these!
^KonAir2|Ph0sph0ruz
+0|6665

dub_deuces wrote:

I think the sniper kits should have 1 thing added to them.... a grappling hook... just imagine the sniper possibilities with one of these!
I agree 100%. I was pretty upset to get a zip line with the sniper.
BeautifulJesus
+0|6652|WV
That's why you run around with an anti-tank person. My friend and I always do that. He grapples up to a place then I zip us to another, then he takes a point whilest I cover him, then we repeat.
the_ubernoob_
+8|6713
yeah..."You can use the zip line to make a hasty escape from high places" -ea
"how are we supposed to get to the high places when every ladder is either watched or bugged?"-me

My favorite trick is to hit my opponent once (body shot) at long range with my sniper rifle (M95 all the way).  Then riddle where I saw the guy with zoomed pistol rounds....one of them is bound to hit and a pistol is more than capable of getting rid of 2 bars of health (helps with the pistol badges to )
Furious=UKLF=
+12|6738|Over there
I agree, my new found love is very much Sniping! I have to say my favorite is Surge! Also I had a good round tonight on Mashtuur, which I never used to do!

On the roof, again, in swoops the BH ready to rape everyone that spawns there, how the gunner did not see me is beyond me, so I have a pop, bang, gunner down, then I shoot some more, there were 4 in the Helo, I presume an Engee. When the pilot flew away smoking he was on his own!! I took 3 kills from the BH in about 1 minute. Excellent! My story....
BlackTarw
+0|6792|Reading, UK
Call me evil but I love killing someone who has just been revived by a medic. I killed the same guy three times in a row last night before I got bored and shot the medic, the guy must have been spitting nails! > bwhahaha!
SAS-Lynx
Scottish Moderator!!!
+13|6746|Scotland!!!
i like sniping a medic just before he gets to the player to revive
oJmHo
I want the pink mist
+0|6777
Sniping is fun, I fell in love with it again when I got SF. BUT I get even more satisfaction out of taking snipers out with an L85A1

Last edited by oJmHo (2006-01-11 13:06:28)

Rathji
+1|6653

oJmHo wrote:

I get even more satisfaction out of taking snipers out with an L85A1
Medic vs sniper is so unfair~
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
sniping is my fave kit to have fun with.I think the best kills come from sniping a blackhawk pilot while he's flying and the have the gunners get in the pilot seat to be blown away by my m95.I know not alot of people like the m95 but the satisfaction of taking out that annoying attack chooper in one hit is great.
JimmyFo
+1|6686
My favorite to snipe is on Wake Island - after one of the end flags is capped, hide in some bushes and wait for the inevitable infantry rush from either side. Shoot and finish with pistol from 150 ft because for some reason they keep running forward - wash, rinse, repeat.

Last edited by JimmyFo (2006-01-14 12:09:00)

Belx
+4|6647|New York, New York
In most (all?) of the SF maps I've played, there has been a huge structure that is PERFECT for sniping.
mantisboy sniper
+1|6705
My favorite thing is to watch a guy that you've killed mutliple times try and sneak around to your 6.  If they drop out of site I usually lay prone with my pistol drawn and pointed at the ladder (if there is one).  As soon as I see the top of his head I lay into him.  Nothing like taking out an overzealous revenge seeker.
LemonChicken61
+0|6688|Minneapolis, MN USA
Couple of things:

It would be AWESOME if we had a sniper rifle w/a silencer!  May not have the distance but they'd never know where the shots were coming from!  No muzzle flash, no sound.  Just the little red flash on your HUD.  It would make the Sniper even more deadly.

I love it when you're laying in the grass somewhere and an enemy sniper lays down right next to you and never sees you!  You look through your scope, watch him for a while just to relish the moment as his head fills up the entire sight!  BLAM!!!   Gotta love it!
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Why is it that we attract more artillery as a lone sniper in the boonies, than when we take flags?  Can't wait for the new unlock.

Best sniper kills:  Taking out attack helicopters base-raping the carrier.
Adam5286
+0|6646|CapeCod, MA USA
i saw a screen shot with and the guy had a unzoomed m24, with crosshairs on the screen ( the yellow ones)  is this a hack or is there any way i can do this through the options menu?

secondly, last night I ended a round on wake by snipeing a guy probly about 3 feet away with the m24, he was at the southern base and i had no clue.  He came around the corner and scared the shit outa me, I pulled the trigger and floored the fucker i bet he was pisssssssssed.

also some times me and my buddies will snipe as USMC at sharki with M95's just to piss of guys getting in the MEC chopper at their chopper base.   Its great  they get soo mad, now i know its pretty cheep but when u dont really wanna compete anymore and you just want to piss people off  its soo fun.  We have 2 guys up in the mountain and 1 down low   and we just pick them off as they run to the chopper,   if they get in the chopper my friend down on  sealevel  pops him before he takes off.   One dude actually got away twice and both times i sniped him as he pitched down to shoot us off the mountain with rockets.  The MEC players were flipping the fuck out AIM bot this, base raping fags that  haha it was hularious just because our whole goal was to piss them off.  And if you think about it, we were helping out team by takeing out their air support,  the people we kill at the base get soo mad and so set on killing us, where they are at a total disadvantage, we just own them the whole around.
Red-War-sniper
+1|6641|West Coast
Nothing beats the thrill of a repeat kill.  There you are, set up in one of your fav sniping spots, when you see some guy cross your sights.  Aim, breathe, pull the trigger, giggle as the body twitches in a death spasm.  Next thing you know, he spawns in the same area and starts to scan the surroundings for his killer.  Aim, breathe, pull trigger, giggle.  Now, any sane person would figure out that spawning here is a bad idea.  But there are some of us out there (myself included sometimes) that become sooo consumed with revenge, that we make it our mission to respawn at the same location and take revenge on our killer.  So here some respawn number 2.  Guess what, I am just waiting for you.  I give you a few seconds to find some "cover" and then precede to drill a hole in that part of you head that is sticking around the corner.  6 points and a whole lot of laughter for me, building rage for you.  The best I have done is to have killed the same guy 7 straight times.  It got to the point where I asked him ingame if he had his fill yet.  His answer was to drill me in the head with his sniper rilfe.  Good for him.  He is now satisfied that he has avenged his honor...for 30 seconds that is.  He should have moved locations.  Death number 8 came not soon after.  At least the guy was a good sport.  We spent the rest of the round and the 2 following in a personal grude match that ended up relatively even.  But knowing that you have forced someone to change their game, just so they can try and even the score is very satisfying indeed.

{1S1K} Redwing_Warrior

"Death from a distance"

Last edited by Red-War-sniper (2006-03-04 08:29:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard