bennisboy
+829|6656|Poundland
First post was accidentally deleted. It was as follows - mod

Mek-Stizzle wrote:

Ollie got banned for making a jibe against Christians. Big deal, people say that all Muslims should die on this forum, every day. I myself bash all religions pretty badly. So why the singling out for this bit?

I don't wanna PM a mod, as I think other BF2s members should talk about it.

This is just like the time my Manhunt topic got locked because some fucking guy thought that it was offensive because Manhunt is a bad game. Yet, again, much worse shit happens on this forum.

So, is there ever going to be some consistency?

Also, someone deleted the topic where I was talking about it. Yet the other ones were just locked. Stop trying to cover it up, jeez. Just act mature and discuss this properly.
I agree, its not as if we dont bas religions all the time. Freedom of speech!
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6142|Carnoustie, Scotland
fuck religion.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6757|The United Center
Actually, I banned him for spamming on a second account and calling me a moron.  It was generally disrespectful and he knows better.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6547|Long Island, New York
Yeah, and as I told Ollie, how Darth_Fleder once banned me for "disrespect" of him because he "didn't like my tone". Abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous.

And about the religion part: David.P once said he condoned genocide, but he doesn't even get a slap on the wrist...but Ollie badmouths christianity and gets a perm-ban? It almost seems as if mods are handing out bans/AWMS when the thing the person is making fun of offends them.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Actually, I banned him for spamming on a second account and calling me a moron.  It was generally disrespectful and he knows better.
Maybe he wanted to type mormon and missed the m.
jamiet757
+138|6632
you banned his second account, his first account was banned for the reason explained at the top
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6767|Argentina
I remember some sig with the message "Islam is a disease that can only be cured with nukes" and nobody said anything about that.  In fact some mod here gave this guy karma with "Amen to that".

Last edited by sergeriver (2008-04-25 11:22:02)

David.P
Banned
+649|6284
Disclaimer: I dont mean anything I say.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6631|London, England

ThomasMorgan wrote:

I'm talkin bout his first account. He probably deserved the second ban :p
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

Poseidon wrote:

Yeah, and as I told Ollie, how Darth_Fleder once banned me for "disrespect" of him because he "didn't like my tone". Abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous.

And about the religion part: David.P once said he condoned genocide, but he doesn't even get a slap on the wrist...but Ollie badmouths christianity and gets a perm-ban? It almost seems as if mods are handing out bans/AWMS when the thing the person is making fun of offends them.
Darth Fleder thankfully isn't around any more.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

David.P wrote:

So that gives you permission to say that? No, it doesn't. And that's 1000x fucking worse than anything Ollie could have said.

ghettoperson wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Darth Fleder thankfully isn't around any more.

Edit: Fuck no embedding.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-04-25 11:29:09)

jamiet757
+138|6632

Poseidon wrote:

So that gives you permission to say that? No, it doesn't. And that's 1000x fucking worse than anything Ollie could have said.
The point is not that people shouldn't be allowed to say things, it is that mods shouldn't selectively punish for what has been said. If you are going to punish for bashing christianity, then punish for bashing any religion, if you aren't going to punish for bashing islam, don't punish for anything.

Last edited by jamiet757 (2008-04-25 11:29:36)

David.P
Banned
+649|6284

Poseidon wrote:

David.P wrote:

Yep. It's called unlimited Freedom of Speech. I dont give a fuck what you say even if it offends me! Because i get to say things too.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

jamiet757 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

The point is not that people shouldn't be allowed to say things, it is that mods shouldn't selectively punish for what has been said. If you are going to punish for bashing christianity, then punish for bashing any religion, if you aren't going to punish for bashing islam, don't punish for anything.
That's what I'm trying to say...

David.P wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

David.P wrote:

Yep. It's called unlimited Freedom of Speech. I dont give a fuck what you say even if it offends me! Because i get to say things too.
This is called the internet, you see. You don't have freedom of speech here. The only amount of freedom you have here is what Chuy allows you to have.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-04-25 11:31:58)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum

David.P wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

David.P wrote:

David, while you can talk about rape, murder, genocide etc, that doesn't mean you should.

Theres a little thing called taste, which you obviously lack.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

FatherTed wrote:

David.P wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

David, while you can talk about rape, murder, genocide etc, that doesn't mean you should.

Oh, but he's not being serious remember? So it's okay!

And apparentely the mods think the same, seeing as the amount of shit they let not only him, but others get away with...I won't go into specifics because I'm not going to get into a flame war with these people, but I think most of you know atleast one person that I'm referring to.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6510|so randum

Poseidon wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

David.P wrote:

Oh, but he's not being serious remember? So it's okay!

And apparentely the mods think the same, seeing as the amount of shit they let not only him, but others get away with...I won't go into specifics because I'm not going to get into a flame war with these people, but I think most of you know atleast one person that I'm referring to.
Oh yes mate, as long as he isn't going to exterminate an entire race, he's allowed to talk about various methods and spout racist shite as much as he wants. Because he isnt doing it.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
bennisboy
+829|6656|Poundland
TBH, at least the mods are allowing a discussion about it
ghettoperson
+1,943|6659

Which is unusually nice of them. I'm thinking they'll let it carry on for a while and then ban anyone that's posted in it.

https://159.54.226.19/assetpool/images/07526234124_ackbar.gif
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6776|UK
What exactly did ollie say? I would be interested in knowing.
jamiet757
+138|6632

Vilham wrote:

What exactly did ollie say? I would be interested in knowing.
If we said it, we would probably get banned too as soon as Zimmer sees it.
MirindoR
headshots only
+31|5945

sergeriver wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Maybe he wanted to type mormon and missed the m.
i fucking lol'd + 1
anyway, i'm pretty surprised this shit happens on bf2s forums. closing/deleting topics that go against a mod's opinion is abuse of power, and that's for gayasses and berlusconi ONLY
cablecopulate
+449|6748|Massachusetts.
Who the fuck is Ollie?
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6363|Troy, New York

Poseidon wrote:

This is called the internet, you see. You don't have freedom of speech here. The only amount of freedom you have here is what Chuy allows you to have.
/agree.
They own/ rent the servers, they put in a ridiculous amount of time to keep the site running smooth, they can do what ever the hell they want.
Think of it this way. The forums are their house, which they are gracious enough to allow us to use freely with very minimalistic rules. But when you cross their line, it doesn't matter what you, or other people, think is fair. They own it, their letting us use it, they make the rules, they make the decisions, we don't complain.
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6694|West Yorkshire, U.K
Ollie is good in bed

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard