Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5946
Hey guys,

Bassically when I start the game, the menu lags for just a few seconds, then it's fine. When it does that, and I get on a server I get around 20 FPS and horrible lag. 

When I start the game and the menu doesn't lag, the game works fine. But that's only every once in a while.  Why does it do that? I turned off all my background applications.

Heres my rig:

3GB DDR2 Kingston RAM

ASUS EN8800GT (Nvidia GeForce)

P4 3.00GHz (I have a super silent EZ cool 140mm fan, is that good enough cooling for an overcloak to...3.5 maybe?)
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6698|"The Empire"
No problem with your rig running it at all, do you have any other programs running at the same time? Downloading any p0rn?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6163|what

Well when the menu lags don't join a server and restart cod4.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946

UK|Hooligan wrote:

No problem with your rig running it at all, do you have any other programs running at the same time? Downloading any p0rn?
Only 700GB (Arby 'n Chief) haha

No seriously, I close down everything. The only thing in the botton right corner; Logitech Setpoint, Xfire, SoundMax control panel, Logitech G11 series profiler, NVIDIA settings.

Ok Aussie, I'll try that.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6142|Carnoustie, Scotland
My computer does this too, although I never get an FPS drop.

Anyone else noticed that CoD4 is very playable at as low as 15-20 FPS? Doesn't look weird at all, which means I can crank the GFX up on my old-ass computer. (The human eye sees at 30 FPS btw, so you should notice it. [Limit Fraps to 30FPS, you don't need any more for movies ])
Defiance
+438|6681

Funky_Finny wrote:

Anyone else noticed that CoD4 is very playable at as low as 15-20 FPS? Doesn't look weird at all, which means I can crank the GFX up on my old-ass computer. (The human eye sees at 30 FPS btw, so you should notice it. [Limit Fraps to 30FPS, you don't need any more for movies ])
Or, our eyes don't have an FPS rate and that's just a numerical estimation of their sensory capability. Movie FPS standard was based off of our eyes, our eyes didn't evolve to a certain specification to watch Tomb Raider.

Last edited by Defiance (2008-04-22 05:35:32)

Bradt3hleader
+121|5946
Anyway I'm reinstalling to see if that works.
Brasso
+1,549|6640

Defiance wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

Or, our eyes don't have an FPS rate and that's just a numerical estimation of their sensory capability. Movie FPS standard was based off of our eyes, our eyes didn't evolve to a certain specification to watch Tomb Raider.
60-70 fps
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946
Ok ima update my drivers, how do I do that?
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6473|A W S M F O X

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Search for "drivers" + your grfx card.........
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946

AWSMFOX wrote:

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Search for "drivers" + your grfx card.........
Still can't find one.

+1

Too whoever can find the most recent update for a ASUS EN8800GT 256mb
robcr9
+111|5991
www.nvidia.com

then Drivers -> Update -> Select Card ....
Ultimatrox
+38|6243|Netherlands

haffeysucks wrote:

Defiance wrote:

Funky_Finny wrote:

60-70 fps
i see 666 fps cuz i'm sexii
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6473|A W S M F O X

Ultimatrox wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Defiance wrote:

60-70 fps
i see 666 fps cuz i'm sexii
DIAF.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946
I've tried so many things, even IW tech support can't figure it out...why why why would it be like this, on a good PC, but not for ANYBODY ELSE IN THIS DAMN WORLD!!???!!
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6322

Happened to me this morning. Couldn't figure it out. Then I restarted my router. Works now. 150+ FPS on 1650x1050 res, no more lag.
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946

ebug9 wrote:

Happened to me this morning. Couldn't figure it out. Then I restarted my router. Works now. 150+ FPS on 1650x1050 res, no more lag.
uhhh how do I do that? Without ****ing stuff up, AKA good explanation

But, I'm using THE GAMES automatically set settings so it will play "With descent FPS on highest settings my PC can handle". And I get ....15 FPS.

FFS, I got a 3.00GHz P4, 3GBs of RAM, and a Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 256mb

Last edited by Bradt3hleader (2008-05-03 12:24:56)

bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6322

The box that your computer plugs into for the internet via an Ethernet cable. Turn it off and let it sit for 5 min. Turn it back on and try CoD4 again.
Funky_Finny
Banned
Restart Reinstall Reformat.
3 Rs of Windows.

Also, shouldn't this be in Tech?
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946

Funky_Finny wrote:

Restart Reinstall Reformat.
3 Rs of Windows.

Also, shouldn't this be in Tech?
Yeah that's what I've been thinking of for a while, so a PC guy will come and do that sometime. I don't know if it should be done in that order though. Shouldn't I just reformat, and install?
**LiLp-DeFiNeD
Banned
+54|6165|Vancouver, BC, Canada
he means reinstall the game, then reformat windows
¦TØP¦straz_mataz
+49|6195

Funky_Finny wrote:

When your used too playing games at 70+fps you definitly notice when it dips down too anything less than 35 fps. Or at least i do anyway.
Like when i play BF2 i get a constant 95-100 FPS but if i start frapsing it can go down too 30-40 FPS yes it is still playable but I personally definitely notice the difference in gameplay difference.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6353
Have you tried waiting at the beginning of a round for a few minutes?

I have a similar problem. When I join a server, I can play for like a minute and then my ping gets astronomical and I begin to lag heavily. That persists for 1 up to 5 minutes and after that, I can play normal. Until I change the server of course.
Gonna reformat my PC on wednesday after my exam though.

So, join a server, then go into spectator mode and take a piss, or get a drink or finish watching your favorite tv show. Maybe you get the same result as I do.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Bradt3hleader
+121|5946
So how do I reformat a PC? What does it do?

And the problem is not PING LAG it's extremely low FPS lag.

When I did the stuff IW suppoer told me to do, (which I did exactly, without doing anything different/wring) it went crazy, so I reversed the thing and now it seems slower, alot slower, like for changing keys in BF2142 it takes 5-7 seconds till it registers, I re-installed, same problem.

Last edited by Bradt3hleader (2008-05-04 09:34:56)

Funky_Finny
Banned

Bradt3hleader wrote:

So how do I reformat a PC? What does it do?

And the problem is not PING LAG it's extremely low FPS lag.

When I did the stuff IW suppoer told me to do, (which I did exactly, without doing anything different/wring) it went crazy, so I reversed the thing and now it seems slower, alot slower, like for changing keys in BF2142 it takes 5-7 seconds till it registers, I re-installed, same problem.
Reformatting wipes your hard-drive. Completely. Takes off your Operating System, any programs, everything. Clean start. As for going about it, I've always had someone wipe mine if I needed it, so ask someone else..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard