JahManRed
wank
+646|6620|IRELAND

Wow. John McCain just insinuated that the Sunni branch of Islam - the largest of the sects - can be identified with Al-Qaeda, and by extension, all Sunni Muslims are closely tied with Al-Qaeda. That's a pretty horrible misstatement, akin to saying Protestant Christianity is closely tied with the KKK, or the Irish heritage is closely tied with the IRA.

The fact that John McCain would basically call millions of Muslims terrorists is appalling. This is the guy we're seriously considering making President? Really? As President, he's going to have to navigate the minefield of Middle Eastern politics, with all the religious and political groups that go along with it. And not only can't he tell the major factions apart, but he thinks one major branch is "closely tied" with Al-Qaeda.

Sorry folks, McCain may have "experience," but he doesn't know shit about foreign policy.

http://www.theseminal.com/2008/04/10/jo … l-muslims/

Amusing, yet terrifying. I worry this guy is going to get in. Hitlery and Obambie are slinging shit at each other like a couple of monkeys.
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6457|Melbourne - Home of Football
An erroneous statement for sure.

Maybe he'll think, "Fuck it, bomb them all?"

"Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran."
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
He's getting too old for this. At his age, you can't seriously expect him not to make ridiculous faux pas' that would cause diplomatic incidents if he were president....
IRONCHEF
+385|6483|Northern California
Old news.  Liberal blogs have been documenting his "gaffes" about who's who, and who knows what about things.  McCain, for being on the committee's he's on, doesn't know jack..let alone as a presidential candidate.  Him and Lieberman have long since sold their souls and given up politics so they can live the lives of rich, political office junkies.

yeah, he's confused the people/components of the wars 3 times in the last few months.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Universal health care+amnesty=ruin.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina
Amnesty + 4 more years of Iraq = McCain, which also = ruin
ATG
Banned
Black+radical friends+uncertainty=interesting times.
MECtallica
+73|6496|jalalabad

ATG wrote:

Black+radical friends+uncertainty=interesting times.
white old chick+lies+slanderous husband+bad at math= shit I dont know
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6760

<BoTM>J_Aero wrote:

An erroneous statement for sure.

Maybe he'll think, "Fuck it, bomb them all?"

"Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran."
to the tune of barbara anne by the beach boys

bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

I thought he was the weakest of all the GOP candidates in the debates.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6752|San Antonio, Texas

Kmarion wrote:

You are right, it's just more appeasement to the left though...
Turquoise
O Canada

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Actually, Obama has a more conservative plan for immigration than McCain....
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Unfortunately I think it's the right he tries to appease..lol. You know, the side he is supposed to willingly represent.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

Turquoise wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Actually, Obama has a more conservative plan for immigration than McCain....
McCain is the farthest to the central/left then any other of the GOP ex-candidates. Talking about the GOP side here.

Kmarion wrote:

Unfortunately I think it's the right he tries to appease..lol. You know, the side he is supposed to willingly represent.
Well, yeah, can't lose your base while reaching/stepping across the aisle. A lot of conservatives are not too happy with the nomination of McCain.

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2008-04-10 17:44:45)

Turquoise
O Canada
Keep in mind though....  America is one of the most conservative First World nations out there.  It was only a matter of time before the pendulum that had been swinging rightward since 1980 would start to swing leftward.

The conservative era isn't over, but I think people are starting to realize the neoconservatism is bullshit.  Of course, true conservatism isn't so bad in certain respects.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6677|Some where huntin in Wisconsin
tbh i would rather have mccain nam vet then clinton a flat out lair and or obama who has barely any experience.

All Sunni Muslims are closely tied with Al-Qaeda. That's a pretty horrible misstatement, akin to saying Protestant Christianity is closely tied with the KKK, or the Irish heritage is closely tied with the IRA.

all of those are true but i would like to see the transcripts of him saying all sunnies are tied with al qaeda not all but the vast majority of them are

i know 5 kkk members they graduated last year from my high school they where all protestant Christians the i know from talking wiht one 90 percent of the kkk member around in Wisconsin are Christian there are a couple of atheist but Christians rule them all

im Christian im not flaming my religion

Last edited by Tushers (2008-04-10 18:25:17)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Well in Australia both political parties had been moving further to the right. The Labor party (the Democrat type) moved to the right and stole a lot of the middle ground and so the Liberals (which are the Conservative party) were really forced to move further to the right, to distinguish themselves.

It became pretty clear the Liberals were too right wing and it cost them dearly the last election.

Should the US democrats take a more hardline approach and actually take the middle ground (more towards the right), it could again force the Right wing party to move further to the right, and become unelectable.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
The_Mac
+96|6217

JahManRed wrote:

Wow. John McCain just insinuated that the Sunni branch of Islam - the largest of the sects - can be identified with Al-Qaeda, and by extension, all Sunni Muslims are closely tied with Al-Qaeda. That's a pretty horrible misstatement, akin to saying Protestant Christianity is closely tied with the KKK, or the Irish heritage is closely tied with the IRA.

The fact that John McCain would basically call millions of Muslims terrorists is appalling. This is the guy we're seriously considering making President? Really? As President, he's going to have to navigate the minefield of Middle Eastern politics, with all the religious and political groups that go along with it. And not only can't he tell the major factions apart, but he thinks one major branch is "closely tied" with Al-Qaeda.

Sorry folks, McCain may have "experience," but he doesn't know shit about foreign policy.
The way the Salamis are behaving in the Middle East, I don't see how could have arrived at any conclusion.
CloakedStarship
+76|6557
McCain shares way too many Democratic principals for me to actually consider him a viable Republican candidate.  As a Republican I feel really left out to dry on my first presidential election, theres no true Republican candidate to vote for.  Quite frankly all signs are pointing to doom right now.  McCain wants to stay in iraq, Dems want to get out but won't be able to.  Even more spending on both sides of the aisle, none of which we can afford.  What in gods name are we supposed to do?
ATG
Banned

CloakedStarship wrote:

McCain shares way too many Democratic principals for me to actually consider him a viable Republican candidate.  As a Republican I feel really left out to dry on my first presidential election, theres no true Republican candidate to vote for.  Quite frankly all signs are pointing to doom right now.  McCain wants to stay in iraq, Dems want to get out but won't be able to.  Even more spending on both sides of the aisle, none of which we can afford.  What in gods name are we supposed to do?
Learn Spanish.
CloakedStarship
+76|6557

ATG wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

Learn Spanish.
I tried for 3 years, and failed quite miserably.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

CloakedStarship wrote:

Vote for universal health care, amnesty, a bigger SS program and let Big Brother protect us while we go to work in our hybrid cars and earn soon-to-be Monopoly money.
Turquoise
O Canada

Tushers wrote:

tbh i would rather have mccain nam vet then clinton a flat out lair and or obama who has barely any experience.

All Sunni Muslims are closely tied with Al-Qaeda. That's a pretty horrible misstatement, akin to saying Protestant Christianity is closely tied with the KKK, or the Irish heritage is closely tied with the IRA.

all of those are true but i would like to see the transcripts of him saying all sunnies are tied with al qaeda not all but the vast majority of them are

i know 5 kkk members they graduated last year from my high school they where all protestant Christians the i know from talking wiht one 90 percent of the kkk member around in Wisconsin are Christian there are a couple of atheist but Christians rule them all

im Christian im not flaming my religion
I'm finding it hard to understand what you're saying here.  The thing to remember with Al Quida is that they are technically a Sunni group, but the majority of Sunnis are nothing like Al Quida.  If I'm not mistaken, the majority of Sunnis aren't even in the Middle East -- they're in Pakistan and scattered throughout several countries in Southeast Asia.  Now, it is true that Sunnis make up the vast majority of Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Turkey.
Turquoise
O Canada

CloakedStarship wrote:

ATG wrote:

CloakedStarship wrote:

Learn Spanish.
I tried for 3 years, and failed quite miserably.
El español es muy fácil.  El inglés es complicado.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6758|Cambridge (UK)

CameronPoe wrote:

He's getting too old for this. At his age, you can't seriously expect him not to make ridiculous faux pas' that would cause diplomatic incidents if he were president....
The ideal candidate then!

(sarcasm)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard