steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6387|the land of bourbon
donuts are delicious
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6459|The Twilight Zone
Another question: Why DoughNUT? There are no nuts in a Doughnut.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6387|the land of bourbon

.Sup wrote:

lol wikipedia is evil:

The earliest known recorded usage of the term dates an 1808 short story[3] describing a spread of "fire-cakes and dough-nuts." Washington Irving's reference to "doughnuts" in 1809 in his History of New York is more commonly cited as the first written recording of the term. Irving described "balls of sweetened dough, fried in hog's fat, and called doughnuts, or olykoeks."[4] These "nuts" of fried dough might now be called doughnut holes. Doughnut is the more traditional spelling, and still dominates outside the US. At present, doughnut and the shortened form donut are both pervasive in American English. The first known printed use of donut was in a Los Angeles Times article dated August 10, 1929. There, Bailey Millard jokingly complains about the decline of spelling, and that he "can't swallow the 'wel-dun donut' nor the ever so 'gud bred'." The interchangeability of the two spellings can be found in a series of "National Donut Week" articles in The New York Times that covered the 1939 World's Fair. In four articles beginning October 9, two mention the donut spelling. Dunkin' Donuts, which was founded in 1948 under the name Open Kettle (Quincy, Massachusetts), is the oldest surviving company to use the donut variation, but the now defunct Mayflower Donut Corporation appears to be the first company to use that spelling, having done so prior to World War II.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6451|The Land of Scott Walker
Yes, all.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6318

Maple Dip doughnuts from Tim Hortons.
.Sup
be nice

steelie34 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

lol wikipedia is evil:

The earliest known recorded usage of the term dates an 1808 short story[3] describing a spread of "fire-cakes and dough-nuts." Washington Irving's reference to "doughnuts" in 1809 in his History of New York is more commonly cited as the first written recording of the term. Irving described "balls of sweetened dough, fried in hog's fat, and called doughnuts, or olykoeks."[4] These "nuts" of fried dough might now be called doughnut holes. Doughnut is the more traditional spelling, and still dominates outside the US. At present, doughnut and the shortened form donut are both pervasive in American English. The first known printed use of donut was in a Los Angeles Times article dated August 10, 1929. There, Bailey Millard jokingly complains about the decline of spelling, and that he "can't swallow the 'wel-dun donut' nor the ever so 'gud bred'." The interchangeability of the two spellings can be found in a series of "National Donut Week" articles in The New York Times that covered the 1939 World's Fair. In four articles beginning October 9, two mention the donut spelling. Dunkin' Donuts, which was founded in 1948 under the name Open Kettle (Quincy, Massachusetts), is the oldest surviving company to use the donut variation, but the now defunct Mayflower Donut Corporation appears to be the first company to use that spelling, having done so prior to World War II.
Thats too long, i can't read all of this lol. Summon up plz.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6318

.Sup wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

lol wikipedia is evil:

They taste good and they make you fat. End of story.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6742|Salt Lake City

.Sup wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

lol wikipedia is evil:

The real, traditional, spelling is doughnut.  The term donut got started by a newspaper article where the writer was making fun of declining spelling.  The spelling outside of the US is doughnut, while both are used in the US, but most commonly spelled donut.  Like I said before, and basterized version of the proper spelling.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6584|Columbus, OH

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

.Sup wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

lol wikipedia is evil:

The real, traditional, spelling is doughnut.  The term donut got started by a newspaper article where the writer was making fun of declining spelling.  The spelling outside of the US is doughnut, while both are used in the US, but most commonly spelled donut.  Like I said before, and basterized version of the proper spelling.
wow so donut is leet
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6651
hahah nice that store is not too far away from where I live might as well use the coupon
bennisboy
+829|6652|Poundland

.Sup wrote:

Like a nut and bolt. The nut is circular(ish) with a whole in the middle. Like a donut, a traditional one that is.
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|6003
I love Doughnuts, they pwn, esp with those crisps on it
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6849|Reykjavík, Iceland.

steelie34 wrote:

.Sup wrote:

lol wikipedia is evil:

Doughnuts shall from here on be referred to as olykoeks
GR34
+215|6551|ALBERTA> CANADA
After 4 years in the army I plan on being a cop
.Sup
be nice
Here we call them "krof" and the best doughnuts here are known as Trojanski krof or Trojan doughnut. hehe
Lynx14
+41|5976
I <3 donuts even though I really don't go out and get them that often. I love the ol' fashioned kind (the glazed ones). I just cant resist.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5967|Washington DC
Honey glazed, maple glazed, french cruellers... those are my favorites. Give me a nice, cold glass of milk or some good coffee. Yumm... that said I don't get them that often. Partly because they're not too healthy, partly because I just forget when I go to the supermarket

I have yet to eat a fresh, hot off the presses donut from Krispy Kreme though. That's one of my goals.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6568|British Columbia, Canada
Yes.. Tim Horton's > all
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6484|Communist Republic of CA, USA
Yes - Law Enforcement (Shut up).  Police Volunteer and Explorer.
Undetected_Killer
Le fuck?
+98|6291|FIYAH FIYAH FIYAAAAAAH
I'd kill for donuts.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6295|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

https://thisisframingham.com/images/honeydewchocolatecreme.jpg

/chocolate creme
/end
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Home
Section.80
+447|6853|Seattle, Washington, USA

Any, but Krispy Kreme are way better than everything else.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6177|New Austin, Not

Home wrote:

Lies.

Cause this:

https://images.ourfaves.com/images/User/Nicole/p567696191_o.jpg
(^^^^Fuckin kick ass coffee, agree ye fellow Canucks? )

plus this

https://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b346/Cardamomaddict/Sweets/060305Timschocolateglazed.jpg

beats the shit out of Krispy kreme any day.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6771|Cambridge (UK)

The Sheriff wrote:

The proper way, "doughnuts".

The wrong way, "donuts".
They're both wrong. It's 'duffnuts'.
Home
Section.80
+447|6853|Seattle, Washington, USA

Rohirm wrote:

Home wrote:

Lies.

Cause this:

http://images.ourfaves.com/images/User/ … 6191_o.jpg
(^^^^Fuckin kick ass coffee, agree ye fellow Canucks? :awsm: )

plus this

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b346/ … glazed.jpg

beats the shit out of Krispy kreme any day.
BS. That donut looks like it's made of chocolate cake and has some plastic wrap over part of it. Nothing can beat the delicious, smooth, glazed glory that is a Krispy Kreme donut.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard