HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC
They say anger, hatred etc. breeds more anger and hatred. Should murderers be given the chance to reproduce? Should rapists be given the chance to reproduce? Should little shits like these: http://www.wftv.com/news/15817394/detail.html (and that's tame compared to other shit I've seen, e.g. chav attacks in the UK or that incident in Baltimore where some woman was beaten up because she sat in the back of the bus) be allowed to reproduce?

I mean fuck, these people have obviously shown no ability to withhold themselves and be responsible. Why should we gamble with a child's life and let them be parented by someone like a rapist? They've already proven to be threats to society... why let them even have the possible chance of harming their own kid?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6557
Only Muslim people.
IRONCHEF
+385|6493|Northern California
Who is "they" that say such traits transfer to offspring?    If Hitler had a child, and never got to raise that child, is it your opinion (or anyone's) that the child will do the same things?

Answer those questions, if possible, then you'd have a slight basis for suggesting such an archaic, evil notion of limiting reproduction as warranting realistic discussion.  As it is, this is about as reality-based of a topic as preventing people from procreating due to DNA testing showing someone may come out left handed, or might have tooth decay in their later life and therefore not be desirable. lol
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6709|67.222.138.85

CameronPoe wrote:

Only Muslim people.
Really necessary?

Moot point, they should be shot anyways. Anyone that doesn't deserve to reproduce doesn't deserve to live.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6647|Camoran's Paradise
With the help of the Combine we can stop these kind of people from procreating!

Seriously though: Something like that is too gray and violates too many human rights.  I've seen some the most despicable people mature and become pretty good parents.  Maybe they will too...maybe.  But who's to decide who is 'worthy' of having children?
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6531|Global Command

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Only Muslim people.
Really necessary?

Moot point, they should be shot anyways. Anyone that doesn't deserve to reproduce doesn't deserve to live.
13rin
+977|6481

CameronPoe wrote:

Only Muslim people.
And NeoCons
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
I have no problem with keeping felons and those with extreme genetic disorders or extreme diseases that could be passed down to offspring from procreating.

Last edited by Turquoise (2008-04-08 18:40:12)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York

Ganko_06 wrote:

With the help of the Combine we can stop these kind of people from procreating!
I was just thinking that, actually. Gordon and Alyx plz

I say no. Just incarcerate them.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6470

IRONCHEF wrote:

If Hitler had a child, and never got to raise that child, is it your opinion (or anyone's) that the child will do the same things?l
Dude, Hitler was gay. Really, really gay.
CloakedStarship
+76|6567
The lady detective on Law & Order SVU was a rape child, and she turned out fine.

I think thats all the evidence we need.
firebomb1280
+1|6403|San Francisco
The state controlling reproduction?  Sounds an awful lot like 1984.
Flaming_Maniac

firebomb1280 wrote:

I prefer to think of it as lifeguards of the gene-pool. Just there to make sure nothing really crazy goes on.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY
The state should never have such a power.  Ever.
firebomb1280
+1|6403|San Francisco

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

firebomb1280 wrote:

I prefer to think of it as lifeguards of the gene-pool. Just there to make sure nothing really crazy goes on.
But who is the government to say which genes are preferable?
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6237|Texas

firebomb1280 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

firebomb1280 wrote:

we already know the genes that are preferable/ideal.
firebomb1280
+1|6403|San Francisco

Yellowman03 wrote:

firebomb1280 wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

As did the Nazis.  The point is, controlling reproduction never has worked and never will.
Yellowman03
Once Again, We Meet at Last
+108|6237|Texas

firebomb1280 wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

firebomb1280 wrote:

As did the Nazis.  The point is, controlling reproduction never has worked and never will.
the nazis didn't have the human genome project
it doesn't work in large populations, but it can work in smaller countries where government control is more direct
Flaming_Maniac

firebomb1280 wrote:

Yellowman03 wrote:

firebomb1280 wrote:

Lies. They only knew the physical attributes, we're narrowing it down to a genetic level.

To your second statement...never say never /cackle
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6132|North Tonawanda, NY

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

So never say that these people can never breed.
Flaming_Maniac

SenorToenails wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

So never say that these people can never breed.
What? He said controlling reproduction can and will never happen...I say it will happen well within the next 100 years to a very significant extent. The scientific jumps and moral steps backwards are too great to warrant anything else.

edit: oh you're trying to stay on topic or something, geez.

No matter what definition the state sets of "genetic competence" there will be people breeding out of regulation. Doesn't mean a law or procedure won't be made.
firebomb1280
+1|6403|San Francisco

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

we're narrowing it down to a genetic level.
I was under the impression that we were dealing with acquired traits (ie: language, reading, skills) rather than genetic traits (hair color, height, skin color).  Controlling genetic traits is wrong, as well as being the dreamchild of such psychotic leaders as Hitler and Stalin.  However, what I was trying to say is that controlling acquired traits is very possible.

Plus, a lot of psychotic criminals are the way they are because of what they learned, or acquired, while they were children.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC
...who started talking about genes here? My idea is this: would you let the honest, straight-A, community-service doing, helps old ladies cross the street high school student babysit your kid? Or would you let the serial killer babysit your kid?
Flaming_Maniac

HurricaИe wrote:

...who started talking about genes here? My idea is this: would you let the honest, straight-A, community-service doing, helps old ladies cross the street high school student babysit your kid? Or would you let the serial killer babysit your kid?
You said reproduce. That means make babies. That means genetics, not environment.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5963|Washington DC

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

You said reproduce. That means make babies. That means genetics, not environment.
Okay? Suddenly someone started talking about changing people's genes and shit.

I'm just saying that serial killers, rapists, child abusers etc shouldn't be allowed to have kids. Because quite frankly I would not trust a young child with the dregs of society.

edit: I don't mean prevent them from reproducing as in genetically altering them so they cannot reproduce. I mean just not allowing them to have kids.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-04-08 20:58:48)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard