Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6790
on ranked servers, everyone should have fair access to the vehicles at game start.

in competition UT, quake, or whatever else, all players are require to ready up before the round can begin. this ensures a fair start for all players, including those with slower computers.

we don't need a ready system, with 64 players that's just impractical. but ranked servers, being official arenas of competition, need a system to ensure that everyone starts the game with equal footing.

EA needs to include an addition to the ranked server rules which mandates a longer warmup than 15 seconds on map start. i think somewhere on the order of a minute would be reasonable. some of the more clearheaded clan servers already do this, but it needs to be an official rule so that it's universally adopted.
Spyx750
+0|6714
how does this sound to you: you have a slow computer and can't take it that all the vehicles are gone when you spawn.
m i rite?
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6747|Kansas, USA
With the amount of time that many of these rounds last I don't see it aas an issue. Besides if everyone spawned at the same time they would all be rushing to the vehicles in a race - and I would suspect that TKing for vehicles would increase.

As it is now, if you spawn and no vehicles are available you know that you need to go ahead and hoof it to where you want to go instead of wasting your time running for a vehicle that someone else will get anyway. Yes, it's not fair if you have a slow computer, but life (and war) are not fair.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6719|Mark it zero.
yeah i think that would be a bad idea because of all the tking that takes place. i myself have a really slow computer and it takes forever for me to spawn but i dont mind since all i care about getting is an FAV or HMMWV or anything that i can use to get to another point.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6790
people on the internet are so predictable. instead of considering the idea, they instantly assume that the only reason i post this is because i'm a whiney child who didn't get his jet last time i played because i load slow.

this is to promote FAIR STARTS for ALL PLAYERS, regardless of how fast or slow their computer is. we want the official servers to be FAIR, don't we? do soccer matches start as soon as one team takes the field? even if they arrive at the stadium three hours early? you know it makes no sense, but you insist on somehow making it seem like i'm just a petty newb who got mad that all the vehicles are stolen when i get in the game.

even without a fair start rule, don't people already race for the vehicles? what difference would it make if it was 30 instead of 10 people in the race? all this speculation about increasing TKs is pointless. that's what admins and autokicking are for, TKers are always a problem, and letting everyone start the game at the same time will not make them go away, nor will it make them worse, because only certain people TK and their number stays constant.
Rofl_My_Waffle
+11|6662
hes right, if one team have people with fast computers, it could be the difference between one flag capture
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6728|06-01
yeah i kinda agree with krappyappy.
although i load up pretty quick and can cap a flag even before some people spawn, it would balance out overall game play.
it sucks especially on karkand when i am one only of 3 MEC fending off 15 USMC at the hotel.
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6817|Australia
while a good idea i dont think we should have to be waiting for everyone... Gamearena servers have a 60second wait before the start of a new round... which is pretty good i think as most people are in by then and if they arent they arent too far away
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6728|06-01

Stoned_Smurfz wrote:

while a good idea i dont think we should have to be waiting for everyone... Gamearena servers have a 60second wait before the start of a new round... which is pretty good i think as most people are in by then and if they arent they arent too far away
yeah game arena servers are good in that sense, i play almost exclusively on them now.
teh adam
+2|6657
but half the time I join one of those servers I will have 10 ppl standing infront of me if I get the jet (not really a problem on the carrier but its one when you have to take off normally... especially on wake island).

There wouldn't be a problem if EA made it so the plane pushes ppl out of the way.

Last edited by teh adam (2006-01-12 01:43:55)

ownership10
+9|6703
what if the vehicles spawned one at a time in a different series over say 1 minute....this way noone could just stand in the same spot and wait and the slow comp ppl would have a chance. i would not stay in one spot for a minute or 2 on the chance a tank would spawn there to find it somewhere else....either that or everyone upgrade thier system lol!
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6790
people will always load at different speeds, unless everyone in the world ran identical systems on identical internet connections. so upgrading does not help to ensure everyone starts at the same time.

again, like in my first post, i don't advocate a ready-up system where we wait for every last player. i would prefer a 90 second warmup, but even a minute or so of warmup time will help immensely. a mandatory warmup time will make bf2 matches more like real, formal competitive matches, which they should be on official ranked servers.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard