Commie Killer
+192|6383

-TL- wrote:

Rohirm wrote:

BTW I'm wondering why the trailer features a Dassault Rafale  (sexy plane though). Shouldn't it be an American one?
Well, not really, considering the tanks it's blowing up are M1's.
Yeah, apparently the Mexican Rebels got a shitload of M1A2's before they rebelled, I still would prefer blowing up some T80s instead, keep those games better, and add in some intresting armor battles. Dont really know though, only played through like half of GRAW 1.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6152|Vancouver | Canada
OMGOMGOMGFUCKYEAH.

Hopefully it won't be too arcade-ish.

I've been dying for a decent modern flight combat game.
kptk92
u
+972|6405|tc_london
fap fap fap
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6370|Kyiv, Ukraine
Glad ya'll like it, I'll see if I can get some exclusives up here for my favorite forum
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6190|Schofield Barracks
looks like ace combat 6 to me.
The_Mac
+96|6222
It looks a little better than that. Ace Combat 6 is like an arcade box with toothpaste smeared all over.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6465
Why did they need the "X" at the end if it doesn't stand for anything?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Except in Ace Combat your plane apparentely has like 188 missiles and 55 bombs.

Yeah, not Ace Combat.
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
Looks like Ace combat, which I liked. Probably get it for 360.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6729|St. Andrews / Oslo

Poseidon: log out and in, double posting.

@thread, according to wiki, it's going to be released Autumn 2008
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6152|Vancouver | Canada

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Because it sounds like "Hawks", I assume.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5961|London, England

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

I wouldn't buy a game called Tom Clancy's HAW, yeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwww

Last edited by Mutantsteak (2008-04-05 10:56:21)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6370|Kyiv, Ukraine

Mutantsteak wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Because the working title was "Firehawk" at one time, but the name was leaked and some people on another forum were discussing it and thought it sounded like a "helicoper game".  Marketing picked up on it and hence we went through a 3-day naming session to find a new name for the game.  We didn't come to any conclusions, so the Ubisoft "Military Authenticity Coordinator" at Redstorm came up with the idea for HAW-x.  Ubisoft went with it.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6320|New Haven, CT

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

Mutantsteak wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Because the working title was "Firehawk" at one time, but the name was leaked and some people on another forum were discussing it and thought it sounded like a "helicoper game".  Marketing picked up on it and hence we went through a 3-day naming session to find a new name for the game.  We didn't come to any conclusions, so the Ubisoft "Military Authenticity Coordinator" at Redstorm came up with the idea for HAW-x.  Ubisoft went with it.
There is a helicopter game for Gamecube with that name.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6286|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

I take it there's going to be all sorts of missions aside from dogfighting, right?

tbh, being able to use the A-10's GAU cannon on tanks would make my day
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
That looks awesome, and Simulators also blow on PC's if you don't have a joystick. So that's just bollocks, because the controller works pretty well
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

Commie Killer wrote:

-TL- wrote:

Rohirm wrote:

BTW I'm wondering why the trailer features a Dassault Rafale  (sexy plane though). Shouldn't it be an American one?
Yeah, apparently the Mexican Rebels got a shitload of M1A2's before they rebelled, I still would prefer blowing up some T80s instead, keep those games better, and add in some intresting armor battles. Dont really know though, only played through like half of GRAW 1.
Yeah it's Mexican Rebel army that stole the 50 Abrams gifted to them during the NAFJA treaty. Should still be an American plane though... Would be AWSM if the game is tied to GRAW.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6168|New Austin, Not

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Commie Killer wrote:

-TL- wrote:

Yeah it's Mexican Rebel army that stole the 50 Abrams gifted to them during the NAFJA treaty. Should still be an American plane though... Would be AWSM if the game is tied to GRAW.
According to Wiki though, it takes place 2 years (2012) before the events of GRAW 1/2 and deals with a PMC war with the US (how the hell did a PMC get Abrams?). One more thing: the game is tied to the GRAW universe as said below .

Wikipedia wrote:

H.A.W.X. includes over 50 planes available for aerial warfare. It is set in 2012 in a world increasingly dependent on private military companies (PMCs). As these non-governmental organizations gain power, global conflict erupts with one powerful PMC attacking the United States. The game is set in the same universe as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, as Scott Mitchell is shown calling for air support from a H.A.W.X. pilot in the trailer.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6190|Schofield Barracks

Poseidon wrote:

MAGUIRE93 wrote:

Except in Ace Combat your plane apparentely has like 188 missiles and 55 bombs.

Yeah, not Ace Combat.
You have a good point.
I never got a challenge out of that game cuz i had 200 missile.
But i LOVED tearing tanks to peaces in my A10.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6340
Can´t wait. This should be one nice action based arcade flight simulator after a long time. The last good one I played was F-22 Raptor. And that was ages ago.

According to an article in a game magazine I read, you have two different flying modes (one heavily arcade style, pure boom zap, crash! and one more realitstic).
They also said Ubisoft confirmed that one mission is identical to one from GRAW2 (as seen in the trailer), but I neither played 1 nor 2.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
VicktorVauhn
+319|6388|Southern California
If I bought this on PS3 I couldn't use a USB joystick, right?
( logitech extreme 3d pro)
']['error
Banned
+630|6640|The Netherlands
That looks fucking awesome! Image flying with your friends via internet and raping everything

Last edited by ']['error (2008-05-16 02:47:07)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6534|Long Island, New York
There better be a HAWX section on Trackr if this is as good as it sounds.

I'm gonna buy a Saitek X52 just for this game. Well, FSX too, but this mainly.
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6840|Reykjavík, Iceland.

Poseidon wrote:

There better be a HAWX section on Trackr if this is as good as it sounds.

I'm gonna buy a Saitek X52 just for this game. Well, FSX too, but this mainly.
Me too
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6649
Yeah, I'm not too sure about this. Remember how many people understood camera controls in BF2, or how there is no such thing as a set maneuver? This game's going to have to cater to the majority of clueless players, so I'll wait and see
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard