Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
Well, I was planning on getting the iPhone for my birthday, but I heard the 3G, iPhone 2.0 is coming out very VERY soon.

What are the advantages of 3G? Why should I get it in favor of 2G? Will I notice a substantial difference?
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6463|cuntshitlake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3G

And afaik iPhone 2.0 is only firmware update.

PS. Don't get iPhone :p
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
jamiet757
+138|6622
Apple products suck. They rip you off at every opportunity they get. I would suggest staying away, even though they are what "all the kids are doing" these days.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5965|London, England

jamiet757 wrote:

Apple products suck. They rip you off at every opportunity they get. I would suggest staying away, even though they are what "all the kids are doing" these days.
Apple products are good (In the music Industry at least) But the iphone is total garbage
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Mutantsteak wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

Apple products are good (In the music Industry at least) But the iphone is total garbage
1) I need a new phone

2) I need a bigger iPod

3) I want mobile internets

4) I've tried my friend's iPhone...I love it.

This thread isn't for criticisms about the iPhone. I'm getting it, and what you guys say isn't going to change it. If you're not going to help, please don't respond to it at all.

k ily bibuy
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5961|Washington DC
3G is faster, basically. When you're browsing the web over 3G for instance, it'll be much faster than the current shitty 2.5G or whatever the iPhone uses.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

iGotripped
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6722|Oregon
word on the street is iphone g3 by this summer.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6493|N. Ireland

HurricaИe wrote:

3G is faster, basically. When you're browsing the web over 3G for instance, it'll be much faster than the current shitty 2.5G or whatever the iPhone uses.
Wi-Fi?

Poseidon - At the minute the iPhone uses GPRS and Wi-Fi and it really isn't that bad! I'm not sure about 3g. Also (thanks to Zimmer for this) - iPhone 2.0 is an update in firmwire. Also, there is an application that can let you do MMSs so don't let anyone tell you otherwise - they are just trying to find every fault with the iPhone because they are anti-Apple for whatever reason. (and honestly...probably not even because they don't like Apple)

I recommend you crack your iPhone Well worth it!
Nappy
Apprentice
+151|6229|NSW, Australia

Mutantsteak wrote:

jamiet757 wrote:

umm no not really

the only reason i have an ipod is because i can claim it back on tax, and i cant with any other mp3 player
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6732|St. Andrews / Oslo

kylef wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Wi-Fi?

Poseidon - At the minute the iPhone uses GPRS and Wi-Fi and it really isn't that bad! I'm not sure about 3g. Also (thanks to Zimmer for this) - iPhone 2.0 is an update in firmwire. Also, there is an application that can let you do MMSs so don't let anyone tell you otherwise - they are just trying to find every fault with the iPhone because they are anti-Apple for whatever reason. (and honestly...probably not even because they don't like Apple)

Cracking your iPhone removes your waranty, which you kinda need.

I heard the new iPhone (not 2.0, that's a firmware upgrade) is going to have MMS and 3.xG, two major things that the current one lacks.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

kylef wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Wi-Fi?

The iPhone uses GPRS and Edge as mobile internet protocols. Edge isn't available everywhere and wi-fi coverage is even less widely available. Edge runs slow, about 256kbps - 3G over UTMS runs at between 5 and 10mbps. It's a substantial improvement that virtually all modern phones include. It is a mystery why Apple haven't included 3G support for the iPhone which would allow things like iPlayer to work on the move.

The iPhone is shockingly badly designed in many really simple areas. However there are other, traditionally far more complicated and difficult to get right, areas that the iPhone excels in. But it is hard to overlook the few simple and glaring design flaws (no Java, no flash, no 3G, shit camera etc.) which, coupled with the absurd pricing, make the iPhone a bit of a gay faddish gadget.
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6443|Stealth City, UK

Jenspm wrote:

kylef wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Wi-Fi?

I heard the new iPhone (not 2.0, that's a firmware upgrade) is going to have MMS and 3.xG, two major things that the current one lacks.
I heard the iPhone was going to have this ad-on that allowed you to turn lead into gold.....and also a cheese grater.
Jenspm
penis

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

kylef wrote:

Wi-Fi?

I heard the iPhone was going to have this ad-on that allowed you to turn lead into gold.....and also a cheese grater.
LOLOLOLOLLLLL

oh wait......

it wasn't funny
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6756|Scotland

The new iPhone will either have 3G or 3.1G ( the new 3G, like DX10.1, but I don't know when that is out ).

I think that may be the only real improvement on it.

Don't get the current one, it's a rip off for what it is ( as Bertster kindly pointed out ). Wait for the new one.
Jenspm
penis

Zimmer wrote:

The new iPhone will either have 3G or 3.1G ( the new 3G, like DX10.1, but I don't know when that is out ).

I think that may be the only real improvement on it.

Don't get the current one, it's a rip off for what it is ( as Bertster kindly pointed out ). Wait for the new one.
agreed.

Internet with EDGE/GPRS just sucks.

And if they add MMS, Java and Flash, which I think they will, it'll be a great phone.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Bertster7 wrote:

The iPhone is shockingly badly designed in many really simple areas. However there are other, traditionally far more complicated and difficult to get right, areas that the iPhone excels in. But it is hard to overlook the few simple and glaring design flaws (no Java, no flash, no 3G, shit camera etc.) which, coupled with the absurd pricing, make the iPhone a bit of a gay faddish gadget.
1) The new iPhone will reportedly have a better camera

2) iPhone 2.0 Firmware upgrade will apparentely include Java/Flash

3) It'll have 3g.

Absurd pricing? Hardly. To get a 16 gb MP3 player, it'd cost me probably 200. A new phone with internet and wi-fi capabilities would cost me 300.

So having it all bundled in one just makes it all the better.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Poseidon wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Wouldn't be difficult, since the current one is shit.

Poseidon wrote:

That'll be good.

Poseidon wrote:

3) It'll have 3g.
If that's true, then good.

Poseidon wrote:

Absurd pricing? Hardly. To get a 16 gb MP3 player, it'd cost me probably 200. A new phone with internet and wi-fi capabilities would cost me 300.

It's totally absurd pricing. The N95 is just as good a phone. Better in every aspect technically. That's free. Though I hear your mobile deals in the US aren't as good - in the UK we get virtually any phone we want for free, the iPhone is pretty much the only exception.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Bertster7 wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Wouldn't be difficult, since the current one is shit.

Poseidon wrote:

That'll be good.

Poseidon wrote:

3) It'll have 3g.
If that's true, then good.

Poseidon wrote:

It's totally absurd pricing. The N95 is just as good a phone. Better in every aspect technically. That's free. Though I hear your mobile deals in the US aren't as good - in the UK we get virtually any phone we want for free, the iPhone is pretty much the only exception.
Big quote is big

I've seen the camera on the iPhone...it's really not that bad man. I thought the pics were pretty decent. Then again, I don't have that much experience in the camera field...but to the untrained eye, it looks good to me.

And about the price - the iPhone 16gb is 500. The N95 is...well, fucktons expensive. The iPhone also has a bigger screen, a full keyboard compared to the N95's number pad, and many other features which I find very, very useful.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6469

Poseidon wrote:

And about the price - the iPhone 16gb is 500. The N95 is...well, fucktons expensive.
Is this the same N95 you are talking about?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6443|Stealth City, UK
Well according to Walt Mossberg......it'll be out in 60 days.
joker8baller
+68|6667

Jenspm wrote:

kylef wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Wi-Fi?

You can just restore your phone if you "hacked" it. Now way for apple to tell.

Amazingly, my 2 MP camera on my iPhone takes amazing pictures.
https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1099/1122755335_01c45f1e47.jpg?v=0
https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2001/1527087026_63e8d70f83.jpg?v=0
https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1197/1065367614_3de8b7384e.jpg?v=0

Java and Flash will NOT come with the 2.0G release, since Jobs doesn't like it. However, these companies are working on plugins to allow it on the iphone.

A mass amount of 3rd party apps are already out for those who jailbroke their phones. For those unwilling to do this, the 2.0 firmware guarantees great apps... Super Monkey Ball, Spore... And the already popular apps out their, as well as interesting one's.

Last edited by joker8baller (2008-04-05 15:44:38)

GodFather
Blademaster's bottom bitch
+387|6220|Phoenix, AZ

Bertster7 wrote:

kylef wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Wi-Fi?

The iPhone uses GPRS and Edge as mobile internet protocols. Edge isn't available everywhere and wi-fi coverage is even less widely available. Edge runs slow, about 256kbps - 3G over UTMS runs at between 5 and 10mbps. It's a substantial improvement that virtually all modern phones include. It is a mystery why Apple haven't included 3G support for the iPhone which would allow things like iPlayer to work on the move.

Actually the iPhone has a REALLY GOOD camera, fuck, its not a Cannon Rebel, or even a cybershot... but if it was it would be pretty damn big

For them to cram mp3, web browsing, etc on the phone itself, and then put a camera in there, thats pretty damn good, is pretty damn amazing

I wouldnt want Java on my phone, because of the crap that comes with Java, I would like Flash but its un-reasonable to try to download flash with EDGE

I would rather have my iPhone than my piece of shit Razr, and id rather have an iPhone than a Verizon Voyager, one, its cheaper, two its an ipod with a GOOD camera.

People, like the Original poster said, this isnt for trashing iPhones... so iPhone haters, GTFO.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5961|Washington DC

Bertster7 wrote:

LMFAO.

We'll be #1 in broadband speeds and pricing before we get most any phone (like the N95) for free.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6349|Belfast
is this just for iPhone
or is the iPod Touch in the same position

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard