ScoutStrike
+37|6255

Tehremos wrote:

once again amazing work

about chiller, in the older mod (the one where i was well leet lol) i never got any lag, that map ran better then every other one, it loaded faster, it verified client data much faster and i never lagged when i started playing, idk whether it was just my computer on that day but i was getting 10 fps on fraps while un-scoped and about 22 scoped. (this is while playing the new version)

i'm DL'ing this new thing now cos it's and then when i next get to play that map i'll see if it's laggy for me again
Chiller has always been twice as heavy as any of the vanilla maps for me. I think it's the amount of trees (they're really packed together). Also it has quite thick fog which renders poorly on older graphics cards.

I always love the 5 fps when someone throws a smoke at me, while people like dont_be_ss with shiny pc's just breeze through it at slightly reduced fps (95 instead of 100).

Last edited by ScoutStrike (2008-03-31 10:09:11)

Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5985|Perth, Australia
Well following your advice i gave it a shot. Ping was fairly astronomical, but it didn't appear to affect gameplay.

Playing online is awesome. No spectacular shots yet, but the feeling of finally getting that 1500+ shot is quite exhilarating.
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

Rod Foxx wrote:

Well following your advice i gave it a shot. Ping was fairly astronomical, but it didn't appear to affect gameplay.

Playing online is awesome. No spectacular shots yet, but the feeling of finally getting that 1500+ shot is quite exhilarating.
Yep you'll get maybe 10 kills max during a good round, but they're 10 times more rewarding than in vanilla imo.
menno
+3|5873
havn't downloaded this one(yet) but its not in the change loc, can you guys put in the localization in 6 times only under a difrent langauge setting because I have it on dutch and in the previous version I had to create the dutch localization myself or I get just hud_hud_sniper_.....and all that weird messages
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6201|Daqing Oilfields?
Had a lot of fun last night.

The Cobra on the Chiller was hilarious, but being able to repair at the half sunken carrier was even better.

Loved the whole thing, and the baserape rules are good...stopped me. I have to ask what the boundries are though.
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

menno wrote:

havn't downloaded this one(yet) but its not in the change loc, can you guys put in the localization in 6 times only under a difrent langauge setting because I have it on dutch and in the previous version I had to create the dutch localization myself or I get just hud_hud_sniper_.....and all that weird messages
Yeah some German guy finally mentioned it to me a few days back. So I copied the english localisation to all language folders I could find.
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6510|Los Angeles, California
Some people never change... I just got out of a round where this guy spawn camped with an SMG, since they are really powerful in this mod.. He didn't even get any points for and he was still doing it.
Adamshannon8
+94|6187
wow, he should be banned
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5903|California

chaosdragon001 wrote:

Some people never change... I just got out of a round where this guy spawn camped with an SMG, since they are really powerful in this mod.. He didn't even get any points for and he was still doing it.
Sometimes it's fun to sneak up behind people and knife them. It's really embarrassing that you got knifed. It gives you a great feeling, though.
1stSFOD-Delta
Mike "The Spooge Gobbler" Morales
+376|5980|Blue Mountain State
Looks amazing but I have a question. How do you play it? Do you just download and install it like a regular game or what? I'm really looking foreward to trying out the new rifles.
https://www.itwirx.com/other/hksignature.jpg

Baba Booey
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

1stSFOD-Delta wrote:

Looks amazing but I have a question. How do you play it? Do you just download and install it like a regular game or what? I'm really looking foreward to trying out the new rifles.
There's a readme included in the download, but you should download ModJive if you can't figure it out.

BTW, since I've received a few requests for the full rifle stats, I'm posting my balance sheet here.

---

WOoKie Sniper Mod V1.15 - Weapon Stats

---

All sniper rifles do 100% damage at 0m, 67% damage at 2km, and 50% damage at 3km.

MOA = Minute Of Angle, less is better since it means less deviation.
DAM = Damage to soldiers, damage to vehicles depends on ammunition type. This is for bodyshots. Headshots are always fatal, limb shots give reduced damage.

AP = Armor Piercing (more damage to vehicles, penetrates some materials)
HP = Hollow Point (more damage to soldiers, does not penetrate at all)

*** Long Range:

DSR1 AP        - 0.30 MOA - 80 DAM
DSR1 HP        - 0.60 MOA - 120 DAM

M24 AP        - 0.50 MOA - 85 DAM
M24 HP        - 1.00 MOA - 127.5 DAM

L96A1 AP    - 0.70 MOA - 90 DAM
L96A1 HP    - 1.40 MOA - 135 DAM

TPG1 AP        - 0.90 MOA - 95 DAM
TPG1 HP        - 1.80 MOA - 142.5 DAM

*** Semi-Auto:

TYPE88 AP    - 1.10 MOA - 70 DAM
TYPE88 HP    - 2.20 MOA - 105 DAM

SVD AP        - 1.30 MOA - 75 DAM
SVD HP        - 2.60 MOA - 112.5 DAM

*** Anti-Material:

M95 AP        - 1.50 MOA - 110 DAM
M95 HP         - 3.00 MOA - 165 DAM

AS50 AP        - 1.70 MOA - 115 DAM
AS50 HP        - 3.40 MOA - 172.5 DAM

M82A1 AP    - 1.90 MOA - 120 DAM
M82A1 HP    - 3.80 MOA - 180 DAM

M109 AP        - 2.10 MOA - 100 DAM + 25 EXP
M109 HP        - 4.20 MOA - 150 DAM + 25 EXP

---

All pistols do 100% damage at 0m, and 50% damage at 1km. They have HP bullets.

*** Pistol:

92FS        - 10.0 MOA - 35 DAM
QSZ92        - 12.5 MOA - 37.5 DAM
MR444        - 15.0 MOA - 40 DAM

*** Light Smg:

MP5A3        - 20.0 MOA - 35 DAM
MP7        - 22.5 MOA - 37.5 DAM
PP19        - 25.0 MOA - 40 DAM
TYPE85        - 27.5 MOA - 42.5 DAM

*** Heavy Smg:

HK53A3        - 30.0 MOA - 55 DAM
G36C        - 32.5 MOA - 57.5 DAM
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

chaosdragon001 wrote:

Yup, I can put a lot of hard-coded rules in pace, but some people will always be idiots.

If I catch someone continuously base raping on my server I will ban them. I can't speak for the other server admins but I think they won't like it either.

Hmm... if I start giving -10 points for doing it (TK score), then the negative-score-auto-kick will probably kick in and remove them for me.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
You may want  to consider putting an automatic idle kick on the server. Whilst i was playing someone went afk and he was ticket bleed for us and easy points for the enemy.  Just a thought.
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6410|Somersetshire
somewhere in the older thread someone said something about having SF maps but you said that would bump up the size of the dl by way to much, well how about just 1 night map lol

devils perch hint hint

i was just thinking how awsm it would be to do night sniping on that map
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

Tehremos wrote:

somewhere in the older thread someone said something about having SF maps but you said that would bump up the size of the dl by way to much, well how about just 1 night map lol

devils perch hint hint

i was just thinking how awsm it would be to do night sniping on that map
Like, with scopes with built-in night vision? Haha, sounds fun.

Rod Foxx wrote:

You may want  to consider putting an automatic idle kick on the server. Whilst i was playing someone went afk and he was ticket bleed for us and easy points for the enemy.  Just a thought.
I think it *is* on, but set at 10 minutes or so. I don't want myself to get kicked while I answer the xfire spam haha.

Last edited by ScoutStrike (2008-04-01 05:43:26)

Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6410|Somersetshire

ScoutStrike wrote:

Like, with scopes with built-in night vision? Haha, sounds fun.
i'm sure some hilarious encounters could happen in the dark lol
the flares could show up really clear lol

played this newest version and i love it, the 109 is amazing, it's a scoped rpg lol
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

Tehremos wrote:

i'm sure some hilarious encounters could happen in the dark lol
the flares could show up really clear lol

played this newest version and i love it, the 109 is amazing, it's a scoped rpg lol
Hah, imagine the flares lighting up the surrounding terrain, then you're really 'caught' when triggering one.

I don't find the XM109 to be all that powerful really, the explosive damage is pretty small and only affects a tiny area. A guy next to me was shot down by it, and I received like 2 hitpoints of splash damage (while I was hugging him). It's fun to use though, have to agree with that. Would've been way cooler if there wasn't game balance to think about. XD
twoblacklines
all grown up now (its boring)
+49|6209
Put yourself in the except list in Bf2CC to stop yourself getting idle-kicked Scouty
Collateralis
Beep bep.
+85|6372|Stealth on Grand Bazaar

Adamshannon8 wrote:

who the fuck cares, don't derail scouty's thread because of your stupid immaturity
Shutup. You were the one dropping yourself in it. Not immature to point out how stupid someone is.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
Anyone else think that the chiller massively favours china???

So far, every time i've played on it China has won. Largely because of the very thick, high, forested area that conceals the chinese extremely well. Where as the US have sparce forest with nowhere near as much cover or visibility.

Maybe it's just me?
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6410|Somersetshire

Rod Foxx wrote:

Anyone else think that the chiller massively favours china???

So far, every time i've played on it China has won. Largely because of the very thick, high, forested area that conceals the chinese extremely well. Where as the US have sparce forest with nowhere near as much cover or visibility.

Maybe it's just me?
i find that which ever team i am on, wins

i think majority it is slightly balanced to the chinese because of the only real good sniping spots for the US isn't under tree cover but if you know the map well enough you can easily find some more differcult spots in the tree line on the US's side, they just take time to find and sometimes get to
ScoutStrike
+37|6255

Tehremos wrote:

i find that which ever team i am on, wins

i think majority it is slightly balanced to the chinese because of the only real good sniping spots for the US isn't under tree cover but if you know the map well enough you can easily find some more differcult spots in the tree line on the US's side, they just take time to find and sometimes get to
I find that Chiller is really getting too small (it's kark size after all), with the improved view distance. Just me?
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6410|Somersetshire

ScoutStrike wrote:

I find that Chiller is really getting too small (it's kark size after all), with the improved view distance. Just me?
just a tad, it worked great with 1500m view range because the distance sort of stopped at the edges of the map, the average shot must be only around 800m
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6345|California

Tehremos wrote:

ScoutStrike wrote:

just a tad, it worked great with 1500m view range because the distance sort of stopped at the edges of the map, the average shot must be only around 800m
Well, ya, but it can still be quite hard to see those snow suits sometimes...
tahadar
Sniper!!
+183|6740|Pakistan/England
ive been away from bf2 for a while so excuse the dumbness of my question:

since when has it been possible to customise weapon kits like that?! thats quite awesome. if only i can find that CD somewhere...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard