DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6701|Disaster Free Zone

buttersIRL wrote:

just because these guys studied phyics doesn't mean there is no risk. You experiment to test if a theory is True or not, if they knew it was 100% true there would be no need to experiment.

it would be really funny if they run the experiment, recreate the big bang (on a small scale) and accidentally create GOD !
I want to test a theory that if ice cream and Tabasco sauce are mixed in a paint shaker and then accelerated to the MAC2 they create a new pure form of energy. But... because I just don't know, I better not do it because there is a risk it will destroy the WHOLE world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!
buttersIRL
+17|6618

DrunkFace wrote:

buttersIRL wrote:

just because these guys studied phyics doesn't mean there is no risk. You experiment to test if a theory is True or not, if they knew it was 100% true there would be no need to experiment.

it would be really funny if they run the experiment, recreate the big bang (on a small scale) and accidentally create GOD !
I want to test a theory that if ice cream and Tabasco sauce are mixed in a paint shaker and then accelerated to the MAC2 they create a new pure form of energy. But... because I just don't know, I better not do it because there is a risk it will destroy the WHOLE world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!
that's the best tasting experiment I've ever hear !
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6751|Uhh... erm...
Meh, world's going to be destroyed one way or another. Might as well be sooner than later, right?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6019|...

buttersIRL wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

oh right, its for the black-hole-destroyer gun in case the buttsecks machine tries to kills us all... 

jk, but i still think the risk level is within acceptable limits.  they wouldn't try this if there truly was a way for this to cause a massive catastrophe (i hope.)
It's in fucking Switzerland, they're banned from taking risks!

In a note to all the people scared and shit.

These people at CERN are waaaaaay smarter than all of us, especially in the field they're investigating. Hell, they're probably the most intelligent people in that field in the entire world.

So if they say there is no risk, i'm happy to take their word for it.

They're not just physicists. Top of the line engineers and scientists, only the best of the best get to work at CERN. Particle physics is way too difficult imo.
inane little opines
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6602|MANCHESTERRR

Tetrino wrote:

Meh, world's going to be destroyed one way or another. Might as well be sooner than later, right?
errm. No
BVC
+325|6716
The large hardon collider will, by way of making two hardons collide, create a situation where the balls will touch yet it won't be gay, thus creating a paradox and hence causing the end of the world.

Last edited by Pubic (2008-04-11 15:28:44)

Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6153|Carnoustie, Scotland

Pubic wrote:

The large hardon collider will, by way of making two hardons collide, create a situation where the balls will touch yet it won't be gay, thus creating a paradox and hence causing the end of the world.
I lol'd so hard snot came out my nose. GG.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6500|Sheffield-England
My post got fucking closed.

I was posting the COUNTDOWN TIMER
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6173|what

stkhoplite wrote:

lol I blame the mods.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6652|Finland

TheAussieReaper wrote:

stkhoplite wrote:

lol I blame the mods.
Me too. And people that have already made threads of this. Damn people with their original content.

Imma update the OP with the timer.
I need around tree fiddy.
jamiet757
+138|6643

ATG wrote:

"Any matter coming into contact with it would fall into it and never be able to escape. Eventually, all of earth would fall into such growing micro-black-hole, converting earth into a medium-sized black hole, around which would continue to orbit the moon, satellites, the ISS, etc."

If a black hole was created and the Earth was sucked into it I HIGHLY doubt the International Space Station would orbit it for long.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/op … ar_228.jpg

I just say, isn't there better things to be spending money on?
It isn't the best thing to spend money on no, but it is valuable. The problem is when people who have no idea what they are talking about start claiming it will make a black hole and we will all be sucked in. WTF? That doesn't even make sense it is so out there. If anything, if it malfunctioned, it would be something like a huge nuke, not a black hole.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6203|Ireland
I saw this same shit happen at a place called Black Mesa because some asshat screw'd up an experiment.  The asshole gave me head crabs.

I so don't want to implode into another universe.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6786|UK
9 days 2 hours till you get butt fucked by the combine lotta.
stkhoplite
Banned
We must form a group of underground rebels

Meet up in the London underground all UK people?
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6128|Birmingham, UK

colonelioan wrote:

Fuck, this is scary.... I'd rather like a Delta-Force team sent to destroy the facilitiy, even if you would create tensions, i'd rather not die in a horrible way in 2 minutes.......

Please USA, do it, destroy it. and you saved mankind, also ban the construction of those machines... Destroy all the blueprints.

This is too risky, use your common sense stupid scientists, hit the brakes now. Its better to be safe than sorry.
There are some things that we are not meant to know anyways.....

I'm really scared..
That made me lol so much.
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6168|San Antonio, Texas
Wasn't it supposed to kill us already? Am I dead and searching BF2s, or did we just survive another conspiracy theory?
csmag
+92|6467|Canada

Cyrax-Sektor wrote:

Wasn't it supposed to kill us already? Am I dead and searching BF2s
Nope but in 9 days 5 hours and 52 minutes you will be.

Last edited by csmag (2008-06-28 15:06:29)

Microwave
_
+515|6675|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
I cant wait for this, it's all so interesting, this is what fascinates me about physics.

Oh and...

https://img80.imageshack.us/img80/3848/higgswc0.jpg
Ryan
+1,230|6863|Alberta, Canada

So is this what a black hole looks like?
Not much different than before...
stkhoplite
Banned

Ryan wrote:

So is this what a black hole looks like?
Not much different than before...
Yeah this is what it looks li... KABLOOOOOOOOOOOM
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6695|Canberra, AUS

Wow, this place is the home of the paranoid.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
commandochristian
Honda - The Power of Dreams
+293|6433|Michigan, USA

I can't wait for the LHC to go online in a few days!  Only 9 days and under 2 hours left from the time of this post!
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6532|Gold Coast

commandochristian wrote:

I can't wait for the LHC to go online in a few days!  Only 9 days and under 2 hours left from the time of this post!
Yea I was looking at that, and I didnt know it was THIS early on?!

IDONTWANNADIE

I think the black holes are a load of tits. It will either fail miserably and short or something, or succeed. No black holes, its just so stupid.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6528

KuSTaV wrote:

commandochristian wrote:

Yea I was looking at that, and I didnt know it was THIS early on?!

IDONTWANNADIE

I think the black holes are a load of tits. It will either fail miserably and short or something, or succeed. No black holes, its just so stupid.
I think it's obvious the black holes theory is garbage...the BEST physicists in the world are working on this.  If they think its O.K., then you can't really argue it.
elmer_42
Sanford and Son
+22|5921|California
I can! I am American! That means I get to say whatever I want even if it makes me look like an arrogant fool! !

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard