capt.flam
+2|6684
yeah, finally, You will have a chance to vote for the dumbest player in BF2!
to do so, just click here:

http://www.gros-boulet.com/election.php?voteid=146

Then, you'll know where to vote!

Last edited by capt.flam (2006-01-08 05:22:30)

armin
+0|6755| Bosnia & Herzegovina
wtf is the point here?

and perhaps u should put it in english, frog
capt.flam
+2|6684
you f****** idiot.
all I have to say..

and sorry for the great guys on this forum, I had to answer..
armin
lol wtf is ur problem man? can't take a joke?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
words like frog can be just as bad as nigger, kyke, spic, etc. so don't say it.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2006-01-07 13:35:45)

armin
no, i disagree, "frog" has never been used in a racial context, it meerly resembles the fact that (some) french eat the animal... nothing else... a joke, as I said.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke
WTF is a kyke?
And frog is used in a racial context, as it specfically refers to the French, a race so therefore it is in a racial context...

Last edited by coke (2006-01-07 13:43:33)

notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6746|The United Center
look, let's just drop it entirely.

he obviously took offense to you calling him a frog, regardless if you meant it as a joke or not.

armin, just apologize...even if you did mean it as a joke.

coke, don't worry about it.  you're better off not knowing.
Speelbal
+146|6751|Netherlands
Back to topic.
I can't read the posted site, and I don't know the players. How can I vote?  Nice idea though.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6746|The United Center
french isnt a race.  it is a nationality.

races are different from nationalities.  same goes for religions.  judaism isnt a race...its a religion.

so no, frog is not used in a racial sense, it is used in an ethnic sense.  not that it makes it any better, but it annoys me when people mistake the two.

Last edited by ThomasMorgan (2006-01-07 13:48:08)

chitlin
Banned
+36|6762
it is used in an ethnic sense.
eth·nic
a. Of or relating to a sizable group of people sharing a common and distinctive racial, national, religious, linguistic, or cultural heritage.

ethnicity can include race ...and usually is, but youre certainly right about france not being a race

persoanlly i wouldnt tell someone they should apologise for such a minor comment

Last edited by chitlin (2006-01-07 14:05:50)

armin
there is only one race, homo sapiens, the races u ppl are talking about are just different types of ppl from different parts of the world, adapted to the climate etc. like white/black/asian etc.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield
Wow...I finally found out what frog really means... I thought it was an amphibian all along.. amazing what they teach nowadays.

Can I vote for myself as the dumbest player??
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6687
Frog is racist towards French? first time i've heard that lol why do you call them frogs? when you said frogs i thought you meant chinese cause they look like ugly frogs and also eat them
Drunkaholic
+4|6724
"Frog" can be and was used as a derogatory remark.  Therefore you should apologize.  Seeing as you don't seem to know, "sorry" is a simple 5-letter word which is often the first step in atonement for a regrettable action or atonement.
w0lder
Suomi-Finland Perkele!
+0|6686|Vantaa, Finland
This is one of the biggest OF TOPIC conversations I've ever seen.

Last edited by w0lder (2006-01-07 15:01:55)

Ryan
+1,230|6842|Alberta, Canada

Someone please close this topic.
Seth Infinite
+3|6738|Houston, The Republic of Texas

armin wrote:

there is only one race, homo sapiens, the races u ppl are talking about are just different types of ppl from different parts of the world, adapted to the climate etc. like white/black/asian etc.
I can feel the heat already.

Years ago the thought was that there were 3 main races.
1. Caucasoid - European
2. Negroid - African
3. Mongoloid - Oriental and American Indian

Then it was refined to:
1. Black - African
2. White - European
3. Oriental - Far East
4. Indian - Indian Subcontinent
5. Aboriginies - Australia
6. American Indian - North and South America
7. ???? Arabic - Middle East ( possibly American Eskimoe)

Now, due to DNA work and the Polictically Correct bunch they want to say that there is only 1 race.

My personal opinion is the middle group of 7 races.
[MC]RG-Conan
+0|6755|Ventura, CA
The French deserve the enmity of the former British colonies, e.g., U.S.A because of the years 1066-1250. We will never forget the occupation and the horrible things they did to our language!
Orion5413
+4|6686|Irving Tx
So the only people that can use the term frog are those of us with an english heritage....
w0lder
Suomi-Finland Perkele!
+0|6686|Vantaa, Finland
frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog, frog,

DID I OFFEND SOMEONE?
JimmyFo
+1|6715
I'm upset that people can refer to me as "white" yet get offended if I say "black." Or I'm not really.

BTB, I with armin on this one.

Last edited by JimmyFo (2006-01-07 15:29:15)

MostHigh
+4|6733|Virgina, USA

coke wrote:

WTF is a kyke?
And frog is used in a racial context, as it specfically refers to the French, a race so therefore it is in a racial context...
The French are not a race they are a nationality you friggin idiot.  "Frog" is an insult that is derived from WWII.

Last edited by MostHigh (2006-01-07 15:34:45)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6768|Human Meat Shield

[MC]RG-Conan wrote:

The French deserve the enmity of the former British colonies, e.g., U.S.A because of the years 1066-1250. We will never forget the occupation and the horrible things they did to our language!
haha... that's funny.
Landepaukku
Finnish bush-man
+23|6836|Finland
All of you are like COMPLETELY out of topic.

ps. Site sucks, cant read french -_-

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard