Poll

Israel had been Established Elsewhere would Arabs still Be Terrorist?

Yes52%52% - 49
No47%47% - 44
Total: 93
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6989
The Israelites are Arabs !

Wrong the "  The   REAL Israelites  Were   Arabs "

The people who live there now Immigrated from Northern Europe the USA Etc. Just look at their complexions. Don't make us laugh.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6868
sigh... moses lead the hebrews 40 years in a circle and settled in a land thats the only place in the ME with out oil
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6989

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

sigh... moses lead the hebrews 40 years in a circle and settled in a land thats the only place in the ME with out oil
No one really knows for sure if the Really was a Mosses and if so where he actually did settle. It is YOUR religous belief NOT everyones. Just yours. This is a Theological Question for people of the Jewish faith and should not have any bearing or be a burden on any other people or Religion. Archeologist still debate Where Exactly these Ancient settlements were.

So Sigh... leave every one else out of it and there will be peace.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6965
Fuck Isreal
I2elik
+12|6904|Perth, Western Australia

Krappyappy wrote:

the anthropological definition of war is conflict between maximal societies. when there are powerful interests there will be conflict, and i know some of you might scoff at the notion that the middle east constitutes a maximal society, but they have access to the oil which other maximal societies depend on, so they're maximal by proxy.

in a nutshell, they would just use a different motivator to brainwash their citizens to hate their enemy.
Very true, good to see we have complex intelligent people blowing people up in BF2

btw: Awesome sig
mbthegreat
+0|6806
we did offer "Jews" (sorry bit of a generalisation) a part of Africa, but the Zionists insisted on Israel, so I blame Zionists.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6965

Stargrove wrote:

Sorry for the long post,

Stargrove

BTW: The Israelites are Arabs
You missed the part where Isreal kicked out England  and started taking over
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6993|Cologne, Germany

Stargrove wrote:

A brief history of Israel
================
The people of Israel (also called the "Jewish People") trace their origin to Abraham, who established the belief that there is only one God, the creator of the universe (see Old Testament). Abraham, his son Yitshak (Isaac), and grandson Jacob (Israel), are referred to as the patriarchs of the Israelites. All three patriarchs lived in the Land of Canaan, that later came to be known as the Land of Israel. They and their wives are buried in the Ma'arat HaMachpela, the Tomb of the Patriarchs, in Hebron.

The name Israel derives from the name given to Jacob (see Old Testament). His 12 sons were the kernels of 12 tribes that later developed into the Jewish nation. The name Jew derives from Yehuda (Judah) one of the 12 sons of Jacob. So, the names Israel, Israeli or Jewish refer to people of the same origin.

The descendants of Abraham crystallized into a nation at about 1300 BC after their Exodus from Egypt under the leadership of Moses (Moshe in Hebrew). Soon after the Exodus, Moses transmitted to the people of this new emerging nation, the Torah, and the Ten Commandments. After 40 years in the Sinai desert, Moses led them to the Land of Israel, that is cited in The Bible as the land promised by G-d to the descendants of the patriarchs, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

The people of modern day Israel share the same language and culture shaped by the Jewish heritage and religion passed through generations starting with the founding father Abraham (ca. 1800 BC). Thus, Jews have had continuous presence in the land of Israel for the past 3,300 years.

The rule of Israelites in the land of Israel starts with the conquests of Joshua (ca. 1250 BCE). The period from 1000-587 BCE is known as the "Period of the Kings". The most noteworthy kings were King David (1010-970 BCE), who made Jerusalem the Capital of Israel, and his son Solomon (Shlomo, 970-931 BCE), who built the first Temple in Jerusalem as prescribed in the Tanach (Old Testament).

In 587 BCE, Babylonian Nebuchadnezzar's army captured Jerusalem, destroyed the Temple, and exiled the Jews to Babylon (modern day Iraq).

The year 587 BCE marks a turning point in the history of the region. From this year onwards, the region was ruled or controlled by a succession of superpower empires of the time in the following order: Babylonian, Persian, Greek Hellenistic, Roman and Byzantine Empires, Islamic and Christian crusaders, Ottoman Empire, and the British Empire.

Some of the countries that have ruled in Israel:
587BC            Babalon          Destruction of the First Templ

538-222BC      Persian           Return of the exiled Jews from Babylon and construction of the second Temple

333-63BC       Helenistic         Conquest of the region by the army of Alexander the Great (333 BCE). The Greeks generally allowed the Jews to run their state. But, during the rule of the king Antiochus IV, the Temple was desecrated. This brought about the revolt of the Maccabees, who established an independent rule.

63BC-313AD   Roman            The Roman army led by Titus conquered Jerusalem and destroyed the Second Temple at 70 CE. Jewish people were then exiled and dispersed to other parts of the world.  Bar Kokhba organized a revolt against Roman rule, but was killed in a battle in Bethar in Judean Hills. Subsequently the Romans decimated the Jewish community, renamed Jerusalem as Aelia Capitolina and Judea as Palaestina to obliterate Jewish identification with the Land of Israel (the word Palestine, and the Arabic word Filastin originate from this Latin name).  The remaining Jewish community moved to northern towns in the Galilee.

313-636          Byzantine

636-1099        Arab             Dome of the Rock was built by Caliph Abd el-Malik on the grounds of the destroyed Jewish Temple.

1099-1291      Crusaders     The crusaders came from Europe to capture the Holy Land following an appeal by Pope Urban II, and massacred the non-Christian population. Later Jewish community in Jerusalem expanded by immigration of Jews from Europe.

1291-1516      Malmuk

1516-1918      Ottoman         During the reign of Sultan Suleiman the Magnificent (1520-1566) the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem were rebuilt. Population of the Jewish community in Jerusalem increased.

1917-1948      British             Great Britain recognized the rights of the Jewish people to establish a "national home in Palestine". Yet they greatly curtailed entry of Jewish refugees into Israel even after World War II. They split Palestine mandate into an Arab state which has become the modern day Jordan, and Israel. 
==================

My two cents:

When the Israelites originally settled the area it was known as Canaann about 1800BC.  This area was actually much larger than what is now modern day Israel.  Since there is no one claiming to want the land in the name of the Canaanites, I think that probably settles the argument as to who was there first.

I do not think that Israel, in it's current incarnation, could have been anywhere but where it is now.  It is the histroic land of the Israelites (or whatever ancient name you want to give them).

--Now to the original question of this topic, "Do you think the World would be as Polarized if we had not, in 1947 Created a Nation in a Land that was already occupied for centuries?"

Maybe, maybe not.  Seems like a cop, out answer, huh?  The extremist muslims seem to have three major beefs with us.  1) Our support of Israel, 2) Our troops on any muslim soil and 3) Support of corrupt arab regimes (in their eyes).  I am sure there are others.  Now, if you take away #1, You still have #2 & #3 and since we still need their oil and for the region to remain somewhat stable, they would probably still have a  problem with us.  There are also the fanatics that believe that all non-muslims should convert or die.  I think that things would have taken longer to get to the point we are at today, but we probably would have still gotten there.

Sorry for the long post,

Stargrove

BTW: The Israelites are Arabs
the discussion who lived in that area first is pointless. even if you argue that the biblical documents are correct ( it is after all more a theological question than an archeological one ), it is still likely that various ethnic groups lived together in the same area. There were no boundaries back then, no nations as we know them today. As horseman has said, you could also make a case that other tribes lived in that area before and that those have a historical "right" for that land.

The decisive point to me is the fact that England after WWII decided to give the jewish people that land, regardless of who was living there at the time. The jews were living in diaspora, spread throughout the whole world. I can only speculate why the British thought that the jews deserved a land of their own. Personally, I believe it was a bit of a guilty conscious.

After all, it was not the first time in history that a tribe was basically wiped off of the face of the earth.
It used to happen all the time. That's just how history works. Some tribes survive the struggle, others don't.

Most of the big empires have fought and eradicated ethnic minorities / tribes in their history and never looked back ( this includes the British, btw ).

my point is, you can't take an arbitrary point in time and say "well, we lived there at that time, so it is our land". history doesn't know such a concept. history only knows survival of the fittest, or extinction.

I mean, no one is demanding that the north american continent should be given back to the indians either..

Sure, they lived there a long time, but they were pushed out by a stronger tribe, and that was the end of that.

Of course, the concept of "nation" is relatively new to the world. But jews never had a nation, and only do so now because other nations decided to help them out.

It's basically like saying ( with regard to an endangered species ): "well, we know nature selected you for extinction, but we will give you this tiny habitat and pay for your food and defense so you can live on"
Smally85
+0|6878|Plymouth UK
Would it surprise people to find out that Hitler was a Christian?

All religions are primarily peaceful, its when extremist elements feel the need to push their religion upon other people that we have problems. At the moment there are lots of Extremist Islamic groups trying to kill anyone who they see as "infidels" simply because they aren't islamic. If you go back a few centuries you'll see plenty of Christians doing exactly the same in the same area, Crusades.
The majority of Islamic people are peaceful, they don't all feel the need to go out and start beheading christians, hindus or jews. Its just the extremists that have this problem.
The main problem with Israel is that it is on the "Holy Land", this isn't just the Jewish Holy Land it is the Islamic Holy Land, and the Christian Holy Land. So basically you've got a bunch of religions who all hold the same area in great importance to their religion and don't want other religions there.
Anyone read the Koran and the Bible? Scarily similar.... what are we all fighting over?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6989
" my point is, you can't take an arbitrary point in time and say "well, we lived there at that time, so it is our land ".

[ Yes I can .. it isnt their land, you even said they were all over the world.

The Palistinians were not.  They lived Right there ]

history doesn't know such a concept. history only knows survival of the fittest, or extinction.

( Nice Try more like Survival of Americas Friend. )

It's basically like saying ( with regard to an endangered species ): "well, we know nature selected you for extinction, but we will give you this tiny habitat and pay for your food and defense so you can live on"

[ Yes why are we doing that to the Detramationof another Race when they do not support us? ]
B.Schuss

Horseman 77 wrote:

" my point is, you can't take an arbitrary point in time and say "well, we lived there at that time, so it is our land ".

[ Yes I can .. it isnt their land, you even said they were all over the world.

The Palistinians were not.  They lived Right there ]

history doesn't know such a concept. history only knows survival of the fittest, or extinction.

( Nice Try more like Survival of Americas Friend. )

[ Yes why are we doing that to the Detramationof another Race when they do not support us? ]
1. actually, I was talking about the jews here, I supported your argument...
2. Well, actually it was the British who set up isreal in the first place. Why the US support them, is up for interpretation
3. I am sorry, the "Detramationof" ? What's that ?
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6929

atlvolunteer wrote:

I do think that the biggest "motivation" muslims have to hate the US and other western countries is our support of Israel.
In all actuality, though, we didn't just "give" Palestine to the Jews.  Jews actually started moving to the area before 1900.  A lot moved from Russia; they were being massacred there.  Then there were major movements by Jews to buy up as much of the land as possible.
After WWII, I think there was a rebellion, so the Brits said "Fuck this" and pulled out.  The Jews seized control.
I could be wrong on some of the facts, and welcome anyone who has better information than I.
EDIT:  Regardless, I don't think we should back Israel like we do.  It just makes matters worse.
Way off:
http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.htm

"Roman rulers put down Jewish revolts in about A.D. 70 and A.D. 132. In A.D. 135, the Romans drove the Jews out of Jerusalem. The Romans named the area Palaestina, at about this time. The name Palaestina, which became Palestine in English."
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6929

Horseman 77 wrote:

Flavius Aetius wrote:

what makes the arabs so deserving of the land? why are they more important than the jews? One of the two groups can live with others, the other group want total submission. Who fought harder for the land?
BECUASE ITS THEIR'S? They lived there, always lived there, they are not from The USSR, Germanay, France the USA, they never left. Its there land. thats why.
History lesson:

"During the seventh century (A.D. 600's), Muslim Arab armies moved north from Arabia to conquer most of the Middle East, including Palestine."

GG
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6923|Atlanta, GA USA

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

atlvolunteer wrote:

I do think that the biggest "motivation" muslims have to hate the US and other western countries is our support of Israel.
In all actuality, though, we didn't just "give" Palestine to the Jews.  Jews actually started moving to the area before 1900.  A lot moved from Russia; they were being massacred there.  Then there were major movements by Jews to buy up as much of the land as possible.
After WWII, I think there was a rebellion, so the Brits said "Fuck this" and pulled out.  The Jews seized control.
I could be wrong on some of the facts, and welcome anyone who has better information than I.
EDIT:  Regardless, I don't think we should back Israel like we do.  It just makes matters worse.
Way off:
http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.htm

"Roman rulers put down Jewish revolts in about A.D. 70 and A.D. 132. In A.D. 135, the Romans drove the Jews out of Jerusalem. The Romans named the area Palaestina, at about this time. The name Palaestina, which became Palestine in English."
Your source backs me up on the first part:
In the nineteenth century new social currents animated Jewish life. The emancipation of European Jews, signaled by the French revolution, brought Jews out of the Ghetto and into the modern world, exposing them to modern ideas. The liberal concepts introduced by  emancipation and modern nationalist ideas were blended with traditional Jewish ideas about Israel and Zion. The marriage of "love of Zion" with modern nationalism took place first among the Sephardic (Spanish and Eastern) Jewish community of Europe. There, the tradition of living in the land of the Jews and return to Zion had remained practical goals rather than messianic aspirations, and  Hebrew was a living language. Rabbi Yehuda Alcalay, who lived in what is now Yugoslavia, published the first Zionist writings in the 1840s. Though practically forgotten, these ideas took root among a few European Jews. Emancipation of Jews triggered a new type of virulent anti-Jewish political and social movement in Europe, particularly in Germany and Eastern Europe. Beginning in the late 1800's, oppression of Jews in Eastern Europe stimulated emigration of Jews to Palestine.

The Zionist movement became a formal organization in 1897 with the first Zionist congress in Basle, organized by Theodor Herzl Herzl's grandfather was acquainted with the writings of Alcalay, and it is very probable that Herzl was influenced by them. The Zionists wished to establish a "Jewish Homeland" in Palestine under Turkish or German rule. They were not concerned about the Arab population, which they ignored, or thought would agree to voluntary transfer to other Arab countries. In any case, they envisioned the population of Palestine by millions of European Jews who would soon form a decisive majority in the land.  The Zionists established farm communities in Palestine at Petah Tikva, Zichron Jacob, Rishon Letzion and elsewhere. Later they established the new city of Tel Aviv, north of Jaffa.  At the same time, Palestine's Arab population grew rapidly. By 1914, the total population of Palestine stood at about 700,000. About 615,000  were Arabs, and 85,000 to 100,000 were Jews.
I was mostly correct on the second part:
In the summer of 1945, the Labor party came to power in Great Britain. They had promised that they would reverse the British White Paper and would support a Jewish state in Palestine. However, they presently reneged on their promise, and continued and redoubled efforts to stop Jewish immigration.  The Hagannah attempted to bring immigrants into Palestine illegally.  The rival Zionist underground groups now united, and all of them, in particular the Irgun and Lehi ("Stern gang") dissident terrorist groups, used force to try to drive the British out of Palestine. This included bombing of trains, train stations, an officers club and British headquarters in the King David Hotel, as well as kidnapping and murder of British personnel. In Britain, newspapers and politicians began to demand that the government settle the conflict and stop endangering the lives of British troops.

The US and other countries brought pressure to bear on the British to allow immigration. An Anglo-American Committee of Inquiry recommended allowing 100,000 Jews to immigrate immediately to Palestine.  The Arabs brought pressure on the British to block such immigration. The British found Palestine to be ungovernable and returned the mandate to the United Nations, successor to the League of Nations. The report of the Anglo-American Committee provided a detailed summary of the British mandate period and the security situation in Palestine, as well as a report on the effects of the Holocaust and the condition of European Jewry.
Apparently, the UN tried to split the country into two sections, Arab and Jewish.  Then came the "War of Independence" in 1948.
On May 14, 1948, the Jews proclaimed the independent State of Israel, and the British withdrew from Palestine.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6929

atlvolunteer wrote:

I meant to click on one of Horsman's quotes... He thinks Palestine was there first.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6923|Atlanta, GA USA
Np
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6923|Atlanta, GA USA
I was reading through the brief history and found something that struck me as funny:
The Zionists wished to establish a "Jewish Homeland" in Palestine under Turkish or German rule. They were not concerned about the Arab population, which they ignored, or thought would agree to voluntary transfer to other Arab countries.
This was around 1900, when a lot of Jews were moving to Palestine.  They didn't even consider (or care about) the fact that there were people there who might not want to leave.
wannabe_tank_whore
+5|6929
I'm sure the jews didn't want to leave either. - "In A.D. 135, the Romans drove the Jews out of Jerusalem.  The Romans named the area Palaestina, at about this time."
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6923|Atlanta, GA USA
I was wrong about one thing, though.  The whole intention after WWI was to create a homeland for the Jews in Palestine.  It was laid out in the Palestine Mandate of the League of Nations.
http://www.mideastweb.org/mandate.htm
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6923|Atlanta, GA USA

wannabe_tank_whore wrote:

I'm sure the jews didn't want to leave either. - "In A.D. 135, the Romans drove the Jews out of Jerusalem.  The Romans named the area Palaestina, at about this time."
My point is, though, that the Arab Palestinians had been living in the region for a long time, when the Jews decided that they wanted to move back.  At the beginning of WWI, the country was only 15% Jewish.  I don't know what the percentages were when the Mandate was written up.
B.Schuss

Well, I guess it is obvious that both ethnic groups have been living there or have lived there for a sustained period of time in history. It is pointless to discuss which group has lived there longer or which group has more "right" to own that land today.  If the British hadn't decided to support the jewish claim in 1948, the jews would most likely still be living in diaspora today.
But they did, and that's the way history went. Yo certainly cannot argue that Isreal has no right to exist today.
They have established that right in a series of armed conflicts against their neighbours.
yUP|Patriots
+7|6813
This has been a very big point for many people worldwide. I'd like to add the following 3 points.
1. Terrorism
2. Israel in the middle east
3. America's support for Israel

1. Many claim that the Palestinians use terrorism as an understandable and legitimate weapon against Israeli occupation.
However, there can never be any justification for the deliberate murder and threatinng of innocent civilians to exact political concessions. The only way to effectively fight terrorism is on an international scale, to view all terrorist equal and not to differentiate good and bad terrorist. The biggest success terrorists have had is by getting people to accept the idea that "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fight".

There is always an alternative to terrorism. Just take a look at the great leaders of the 20th centruy. They fought for their people and rejected terrorism and attacks on civilians. Martin Luther King, Ghandi and Nelson Mandella all achieved their aims through other methods. There can never be an excuse for terrorism.

So when you ask "Israel had been Established Elsewhere would Arabs still Be Terrorist?" the question is moot. Regardless of whether Israel has the right to to exist in Israel, there can never be an excuse for terrorism.

2. Another point that some people believe is that Israel doesn't belong in the middle east or she has no right to exist. All that she is the cause of instabilty to the region.
Israel does belong in the middle east because for almost 2000 years of exile from the land of Israel, the Jews never forgot their link to the region and regularly talked of return to Israel. In fact, this desire is protrayed in many of the Jewsih prayers and direction of prayer ( facing East towards Jerusalem) There have been Jews living continuously in Israel for over 2000 years. When the early zionistic movement was offered a homeland for Jews in Africa by the British, the offer was rejected because there was no authentic link to the land that was offered.
There is plenty of instability in the middle east that isn't connected with Israel. The Iran/Iraq war. The internal violence between secularlists and islamist in Egypt. The Iranian revolution and the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait are just a few examples. Israel is used as an excuse and diversion by regimes that do not want to face up to their difficulties.

3.  Last point is with regard to Americas support for Israel, that it lead to wide spread resentment in the middle east and America suffered the 9/11 attacks because of her.
The only link between Israel and America on 9/11 is that both countries are victims of militan islamic terrorism. In order to understand fundementel Islamic terrorism you must understand their motivation. These groups do not seek national independence but rather to put the world under Islamic  rule. People misunderstand that it is not because of America's support for Israel that she is a target of muslim terrorism. The reverse is true, America is reffered to as the "great satan" and Israel as the "little satan". It is what our great country represents that fules there anger, democaracy. And Isreal because it is seen as americas proxy in the middle east. Even if Israel did not exist america would still be targeted by islamic terrorist. Even Osama bin laden initially played down the connection between the US and Israel. His attack on america was aimed at getting US forces out of saudi arabia. The presence of american forces there help to prevent  exteremists from gaining power there and in several other islamic countries. Bin laden also rejected US forces from being in Saudi Arabia for religious reasons. Another interesting note is that many agree that the planning of the 9/11 attacks took many years. In other words, planning took place while Israel and the PLO were negotiation a peace agreemnt, the oslo accords.

Lastly, If any of you are select New York Times subscribers, I highy reccomend you read the February 9th David Brooks article titled: Drafting Hitler, A clash of cartoons, and civilizations.

Thank you for your time.

Had to fix a couple of typos, hence the edit, wow it's late.

Last edited by yUP|Patriots (2006-02-12 08:51:59)

amgln
+0|6901
When Soviet invaded Afghanistan large number of muslims became mujahedeen and one of them was Usama bin Laden.
tspike
+0|6802
Historically, those that have messed with the Jews have all fallen.

just my $0.02
B.Schuss

tspike wrote:

Historically, those that have messed with the Jews have all fallen.

just my $0.02
only because of the support of the US and other allies, I dare say.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard