Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6235|Ireland
I wonder how the religion of peace would deal with this in Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Afganistan, Syria, Iraq, or any of the other Major Muslim countries.

Being that it is such a tolerant peaceful religion I would think that they would embrace the diversity and through love win over the gay communtiy and acknowledge their human rights.  Maybe they would offer a special surmon for them and welcome them into their Mosque.

Please discuss.

Last edited by Lotta_Drool (2008-03-25 21:03:01)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6498|Chicago, IL
American Muslims?

They'd buy the bar and turn it into more mosque, or ignore them.

European Muslims?

They'd scream, run, cry, burn, smash, yell, fight, kill, maim, stab, shoot, crash, howl...
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6581|Global Command
And Islamic Muslims would cut their heads off.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6013|Washington DC
Moderate muslims would be like "lol wut" (The muslims I know, who are all quite nice, would be like this)
More conservative muslims might decry it, and be like "" (From what you read everywhere, that sounds about right)
Radical muslims would go in the bar, get drunk, then blow the place sky high (along with themselves) (Considering how in Iran they execute homosexuals, this wouldn't be far fetched)

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-25 20:44:16)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6498|Chicago, IL

ATG wrote:

for peace
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6457|North Carolina
LOL...  Yes, one undeniable fact about much of the Islamic World is that it makes Pat Robertson's crowd look like The Village People when comparing their attitudes on gays.  Iran is especially despicable in its treatment of gays.

Women's rights are another touchy area for the Islamic World as well....
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6498|Chicago, IL

Turquoise wrote:

LOL...  Yes, one undeniable fact about much of the Islamic World is that it makes Pat Robertson's crowd look like The Village People when comparing their attitudes on gays.  Iran is especially despicable in its treatment of gays.

Iran doesn't have gays
Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

I think you mean Middle Eastern...   Islamic Muslim is redundant.
Turquoise
O Canada

S.Lythberg wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Iran doesn't have gays
Not any openly gay people at least....
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6498|Chicago, IL

Turquoise wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Iran doesn't have gays
Not any openly gay people at least....
There's easier ways to commit suicide...
ATG
Banned

Turquoise wrote:

ATG wrote:

It was a subtle comment of the intellectual qualities of the deabte topic.
Sorry spit, but this just seems silly.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6620|Mountains of NC

you know this calls for a little .......

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6013|Washington DC

SEREMAKER wrote:

bit before 7:45 when the really gay stuff starts

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-25 20:54:29)

S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6498|Chicago, IL

ATG wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

ATG wrote:

It was a subtle comment of the intellectual qualities of the deabte topic.
Sorry spit, but this just seems silly.
True, i doubt gays would choose such an interesting location (although it would make for a good shitty fox sitcom)
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6589|Long Island, New York

HurricaИe wrote:

Moderate muslims would be like "lol wut" (The muslims I know, who are all quite nice, would be like this)
More conservative muslims might decry it, and be like "" (From what you read everywhere, that sounds about right)
Radical muslims would go in the bar, get drunk, then blow the place sky high (along with themselves) (Considering how in Iran they execute homosexuals, this wouldn't be far fetched)
Pretty much 100% dead on.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6235|Ireland
I hope that Scorpion and Poseidon come and educate the bigots in this thread on how Muslims really feel about gays.  They know a lot about this because they know Muslims and stuff.  Poseidon brought it to my attention that the Media lies about Muslims and are just spreading hate towards the religion. 

Many of you seem really out of touch with reality.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6620|Mountains of NC

HurricaИe wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

its a gay fight ...................  GAY FIGHT

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6589|Long Island, New York

Lotta_Drool wrote:

I hope that Scorpion and Poseidon come and educate the bigots in this thread on how Muslims really feel about gays.  They know a lot about this because they know Muslims and stuff.  Poseidon brought it to my attention that the Media lies about Muslims and are just spreading hate towards the religion. 

Oh yeah, and all of us (CamPoe, Bert, Serge, Etc) are all just out to get you, and we have no idea what's going on in these horrid, horrid countries!!!

EVERY ONE OF US ARE NAIVE! YOU GUYS KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ISLAM! Silly me.

You and lowing are pretty much by yourself in thinking that all of Islam is violent. Ever wonder why?

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-03-25 20:57:57)

HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6013|Washington DC

SEREMAKER wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

*insert clip of that simpsons episode where homer takes bart to the gay steel mill*
Turquoise
O Canada

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Well, location does have a lot to do with it.  Most of the Muslims that come to America are the saner, more liberal ones.  I know you'll find this funny, but liberal in this context means "pro-Western".  This is why most American Muslims wouldn't make a big deal about a gay bar.  There are even openly gay Muslims living in America -- something obviously not seen very often in the Middle East.

Of course, everything changes when the government involved is theocratic and personal freedoms are a joke.  Places like Saudi Arabia and Iran aren't exactly known for their social tolerance, so your assumptions are far more valid for Muslims in those countries rather than Muslims here.  Although admittedly, Muslims in Europe seem to be distinctly less tolerant of gays despite living in free societies.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6817|Cambridge (UK)
I'm sure they would much like it, but, if it was in the US, UK or most other European countries there shouldn't be anything much they could do about it.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6235|Ireland

Poseidon wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Oh yeah, and all of us (CamPoe, Bert, Serge, Etc) are all just out to get you, and we have no idea what's going on in these horrid, horrid countries!!!

EVERY ONE OF US ARE NAIVE! YOU GUYS KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT ISLAM! Silly me.

You and lowing are pretty much by yourself in thinking that all of Islam is violent. Ever wonder why?
There is only one of me and would you mind contributing and telling me what you feel the result would be in one of the countries listed and why.

Be careful what you say though or Lowing will come in and call you a racist bigot and what not.

Last edited by Lotta_Drool (2008-03-25 21:00:39)

ATG
Banned

Turquoise wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Well, location does have a lot to do with it.  Most of the Muslims that come to America are the saner, more liberal ones.  I know you'll find this funny, but liberal in this context means "pro-Western".  This is why most American Muslims wouldn't make a big deal about a gay bar.  There are even openly gay Muslims living in America -- something obviously not seen very often in the Middle East.

Of course, everything changes when the government involved is theocratic and personal freedoms are a joke.  Places like Saudi Arabia and Iran aren't exactly known for their social tolerance, so your assumptions are far more valid for Muslims in those countries rather than Muslims here.  Although admittedly, Muslims in Europe seem to be distinctly less tolerant of gays despite living in free societies.
Solution to the Muslim problem; bring them all here. They will ditch Allah for pron, gay bars and xbox 360's.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6498|Chicago, IL

HurricaИe wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4GrSl42EyE& … re=related
*insert clip of that simpsons episode where homer takes bart to the gay steel mill*
*insert clip of that simpsons episode with the gay dog parade*
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|6013|Washington DC

S.Lythberg wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=d4GrSl42EyE& … re=related
*insert clip of that simpsons episode with the gay dog parade*
this is as close as you'll get, although i think it's some of the owners who are gay and not the dogs

fast forward to a bit before 1:07 for lulz

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-25 21:03:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard