Do you enjoy steak?

Aaaaaaw yeeeeah!90%90% - 68
No4%4% - 3
Beef? *points to PETA badge*5%5% - 4
Total: 75
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6444|The Land of Scott Walker
A t-bone steak will be hitting my grill tonight.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6784|Anaheim, CA

I'd prefer a rib eye or filet mignon
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6639|Your moms bedroom
marinating garlic and peppercorn steak seasoning right now (since yesterday)

cooking it for dinner
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC
Null vote. I enjoy GOOD steak.

What qualifies as good?

-None of that really stringy shit that you just cannot chew and so you either swallow it or spit it out

-None of that shitty quality meat that is tougher than rubber

-None of that really stringy shit that you just cannot chew and so you either swallow it or spit it out (shit like that RUINS a dinner for me)

So if it's a quality-cut steak that's cooked well, with a tasty sauce, then I enjoy it. If it's sinewy, stringy, shitty then no I hate it.

Fish on the other hand has never betrayed me except when it's got them bones.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
who ever doesnt eat meat is a terrorist
Locoloki

HurricaИe wrote:

What qualifies as good?

-None of that really stringy shit that you just cannot chew and so you either swallow it or spit it out

-None of that really stringy shit that you just cannot chew and so you either swallow it or spit it out (shit like that RUINS a dinner for me)

So if it's a quality-cut steak that's cooked well, with a tasty sauce, then I enjoy it. If it's sinewy, stringy, shitty then no I hate it.

?

good steak is steak you pick yourself, and cook yourself
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC

Locoloki wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

What qualifies as good?

?

If you suck at picking steak, it's gonna be full of the shit I hate

my dad has a pretty good touch with steak, he usually gets good cuts. The best is when he makes this filet mignon with an epic sauce

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-25 11:34:26)

Christbane
+51|6233
as said above filets and ribeys for the win!   with my own special blend of spices rubbed in.  no steak sauce required.  tbones, porterhouse etc are good meat   I just HATE bones
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6677|In You Endo- Stoke
MMMM steak, can't beat a fillet steak......

Peppercorn sauce :p
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
I like it in it's pure form with no sauces. Yum
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6536|Long Island, New York
London Broil + A1 Steak Sauce = GODLY.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5960|Washington DC
My dad's sauce involves white wine, cream, and mushrooms or something like that. I'll fetch the recipe at some point.
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6478|Somewhere else

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

that, and obviously never tried it. How in god's name could you ever say you'll never eat a good steak ever again? That's nuts.
GR34
+215|6544|ALBERTA> CANADA
I love steak MMMMMM yummy
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5996

Locoloki wrote:

So I go to a restaurant and order a steak, I enjoy it alot, but it is not good because I did not cook it? Yeah, right, you berk
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6577|Columbus, OH
raw to med raw is better than a Flintstone vitamin.
Locoloki

Nordemus wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

So I go to a restaurant and order a steak, I enjoy it alot, but it is not good because I did not cook it? Yeah, right, you berk
K

but can you mess up a steak you cook yourself.....
no, you cant
can the restaurant overcook/undercook your steak and than hock on it when you send it back? yes, they can
Nordemus
BC2 plat: CG, GL, M60, Mortar, Knife
+60|5996

Locoloki wrote:

Nordemus wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

K

but can you mess up a steak you cook yourself.....
no, you cant
can the restaurant overcook/undercook your steak and than hock on it when you send it back? yes, they can
Exception proves the rule, but generally, if I want a nice steak, I do not go into the nearest pub, with beer stains on everything, where they are like IDK here is your raw meat

EDIT: Also, better restaurants let people customize steaks to an extent. Also, I was not saying I do not like home-made steaks.

Last edited by Nordemus (2008-03-25 11:55:10)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

oh hell yeah. Steak FTW!
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Funky_Finny
Banned
+456|6131|Carnoustie, Scotland
Steak, medium cooked, chips, marinated in a nice tasty sauce, with a big sharp knife to cut it with is what I get when I go out for dinner.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6648

Best food in the world.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6672|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Steak, Mushroom, Garlic'd to death.  Chips and Peas with maybe tomatoes ontop of the steak.  Cook it in a griddle imo is the best way so that it cooks in its juices.  Serve with either Jack Daniels Sauce or Tomatoe Sauce.

My mouth is watering just thinking about it.  I usually have two steaks, 1 fillet 1 sirloin if Im cooking it at home as supermarkets are tight bastards when it comes to steaks unless you go to the counter, failing that a good village butcher will sort you out.
02fxnmaurer
+75|6481|Birmingham UK

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6631|949

Do you guys want to go to the barbeque?

You know, the one where I put my meat on your grill?

I love a good steak.  I prefere Filet Mignon and Tri-Tip, but I'll eat about any cut.  I try to limit my red meat intake, so I only eat steak maybe once a week.  I absolutely love fish though.  Especially a nice Halibut or Swordfish steak.

Red meat - medium well.
Fish - rare.

HurricaИe wrote:

My dad's sauce involves white wine, cream, and mushrooms or something like that. I'll fetch the recipe at some point.
I'll just trust you as to what your dad's sauce tastes like

Last edited by KEN-JENNINGS (2008-03-25 13:19:43)

TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6623|Birmingham, UK

RoosterCantrell wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

that, and obviously never tried it. How in god's name could you ever say you'll never eat a good steak ever again? That's nuts.
... I did that.

Yes, that's right; I don't eat meat any more. Fish, yes; meat, no.

Meat is a horribly inefficient food source and with enviro-nutters wanting paying farmers more to grow biofuels arable products will become ever more scarce. We can't cope with feeding cows and other such mammals and then using them for food procution - only 2% of the energy eaten by cows gets actually put on as weight. So many more people could be fed by that same food.
So sod you all, I love steak as much as the next person (and damn, I know good steak and I still love it) but I just can't eat it in good conscience anymore.
Sorry for letting the team down guys,
Enjoy your steak!

02fxnmaurer wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Stupid, ignorant prats (even if you are a Brummie 02; sorry!).

Although now I've looked at how many days I've been registered to BF2S... maybe there's more to this terrorist talk than I first thought...

Last edited by TheDarkRaven (2008-03-25 13:30:20)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard