Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

So yeah, the day has come. I go in at 1:00pm tomorrow, get an Ativan pill, and sit for an hour for the pill to take effect. It's basically just to calm me down so I don't have to worry about anything.

Have you guys had your wisdom teeth pulled? If so, did it hurt afterwards? I'm not too nervous, nothing could be worse than the first few days after getting braces.

Last edited by Ryan (2008-03-24 15:43:14)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6456|meh-land
i got mine pulled almost a year ago

It was awful
mine killed me for 3 days
don't eat food that is spicy or is very hot or cold

i didn't take the vicodin they gave me well either, kind of messed me up

good luck and have fun
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6733|United States
Had my pulled a few weeks ago.

Follow my instructions:

--Eat nothing but applesauce for the first two days.  Don't even eat pudding or jello, it's too sweet.
--Move on to pudding and jello, third day after surgery.
--Do NOT eat spicy foods for two weeks following the surgery.
--Keep gauze over the extraction area **I can't stress that enough**  Keep gauze on 24/7, minus when you sleep, for the first two days.

Your dentist should give you something to clean out the tooth sockets.  Don't start using it until after at least a week has gone by.  Don't use it for more than two weeks.  You'll want to use it, since food can get trapped in the sockets, giving you ungodly bad breath.

Follow those instructions, and you'll be fine.

God speed.

Last edited by Bert10099 (2008-03-24 15:55:01)

Ryan

Bert10099 wrote:

Follow my instructions:

--Eat nothing but applesauce for the first two days.  Don't even eat pudding or jello, it's too sweet.
--Keep gauze over the extraction area **I can't stress that enough**  Keep gauze on 24/7, minus when you sleep, for the first two days.

God speed.
It's not that bad, is it?
My mom's friend says her daughters were eating burgers 2 days after they got their pulled.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6456|meh-land
I ate some clam chowder the night after surgery

boy that was one of the worst decisions i've ever made, i finished it, but i regretted not being as careful about not touching my gums instantly
man that hurt
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5954|Washington DC
I still haven't had them pulled out. Maybe I'm one of the chosen ones who never have to get them pulled out
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6733|United States

Ryan wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

Follow my instructions:

God speed.
My mom's friend says her daughters were eating burgers 2 days after they got their pulled.
It sucks if you don't properly take care of yourself.

My teeth were impacted, which made it suck a little bit more for me.
Ryan

HurricaИe wrote:

I still haven't had them pulled out. Maybe I'm one of the chosen ones who never have to get them pulled out
Maybe, but if you do need them pulled, make sure they catch it quickly. If you let them get too big before they removed them, they have to crack the teeth into 2 pieces before they remove them.

>.<
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6733|United States

Ryan wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Maybe, but if you do need them pulled, make sure they catch it quickly. If you let them get too big before they removed them, they have to crack the teeth into 2 pieces before they remove them.

>.<
They cracked mine into four.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6563|USA

HurricaИe wrote:

i don't even have wisdom teeth.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6802|Nårvei

I have pulled one and it was just a shot and swop out it was like a walk in the park ... my dentist told me there is a good chance the rest can stay

And like the above guy said - more and more peeps are born without them ... evolution ftw
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6569|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

HurricaИe wrote:

Same here, no need to remove em...got em and they seem fine where they are.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5954|Washington DC

Ryan wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

>.<
It seems like everyone around 16 or 17 has to get them out, yet neither my dentist nor my orthodontist have mentioned it.
Ryan

HurricaИe wrote:

Ryan wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

>.<
It seems like everyone around 16 or 17 has to get them out, yet neither my dentist nor my orthodontist have mentioned it.
And in ten years, you entire face with be mutated and transform into 4 giant teeth.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6514
idk. maybe read one of the other 20 threads on the subject. just sayin...
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5954|Washington DC

Ryan wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Ryan wrote:

>.<
And in ten years, you entire face with be mutated and transform into 4 giant teeth.
https://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4985/windupteethrj0.th.jpg?
HellHead
The fantastic Mr. Antichrist
+336|6702|Germany
Just a little sidenote : Pulling the wisdom teeth is always a good money source for the dentist.
For most of the people today it is not necassary to get them pulled.
My dentist told me years ago "I have to pull your wisdom teeth". I asked him if there would be any problems if not.
His answer : "Well not now, but there could"
Still have them, fully grown, never had a problem.
Remember to maybe get a second opinion, before you go through all the pain.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6304

HellHead wrote:

Just a little sidenote : Pulling the wisdom teeth is always a good money source for the dentist.
For most of the people today it is not necassary to get them pulled.
My dentist told me years ago "I have to pull your wisdom teeth". I asked him if there would be any problems if not.
His answer : "Well not now, but there could"
Remember to maybe get a second opinion, before you go through all the pain.
I'm lucky to be in Canada: free health care/health insurance...I'd rather get my wisdom teeth removed now rather than have problems down the road. Mind you, they are growing in on an angle. I get them out this Friday.

Good luck Ryan.
BlackKoala
+215|6318

Ryan wrote:

So yeah, the day has come. I go in at 1:00pm tomorrow, get an Ativan pill, and sit for an hour for the pill to take effect. It's basically just to calm me down so I don't have to worry about anything.

Have you guys had your wisdom teeth pulled? If so, did it hurt afterwards? I'm not too nervous, nothing could be worse than the first few days after getting braces.
ill buy your pills, how much?
Ryan

HellHead wrote:

Well I had braces, so I don't want to risk screwing my teeth up again. My dentist took an X-Ray, and they are definitely going to cause trouble if they aren't removed soon.

BlackKoala wrote:

I don't have them. The dentist office will give me one, then I'll sit there for an hour, then they will bring me to the back to get my teeth pulled.
Apparently they are illegal to drive around with in your car.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6733|United States

Ryan wrote:

HellHead wrote:

Well I had braces, so I don't want to risk screwing my teeth up again. My dentist took an X-Ray, and they are definitely going to cause trouble if they aren't removed soon.

BlackKoala wrote:

I don't have them. The dentist office will give me one, then I'll sit there for an hour, then they will bring me to the back to get my teeth pulled.
Apparently they are illegal to drive around with in your car.
I had oxycotin or something like it.  I don't know why some people are hooked on it, because it did nothing for me.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6518|South Florida

Ryan wrote:

My step sister got hers taken out seriously like last week, what a coincedence. but it hurts like a bitch for a long time.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Darkfire
Helping you help yourself
+34|6470| Texas
i had mine removed last summer. i spent about three hours throwing up blood afterward. this was immediatly after i passed out in the lobby of the doctors office from a reaction to the gas they gave me.

fun times.
GR34
+215|6537|ALBERTA> CANADA

Ryan wrote:

I haven't had it don't but bring your Ipod or Mp3 that makes it alot more barrible then turn the music up super loud. I did it when I got a tooth exposed in my pallet it helped. If you are going to River Center U have to being Music the stuff they have sux something fierce
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6472|Somewhere else

Ryan wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

Follow my instructions:

God speed.
Two hours for me.   If you are a bigger person, or your teeth are big, be sure that the roots from the Wisdom teeth aren't long enough to be grown into the sinus'.  You get liquids into a Wisdomtooth/sinus-hole, you'll be on the floor, TRUST ME.  The dentist should be able to see it, or, if you can feel AIR coming into your mouth while sucking on a straw, and the air coming from the hole, then you know.  WIERD FEELING.

Other than that, it's not bad.  Compare it to a stubbed toe a minute or two after  "FUCK THAT HURT".  It's nagging, but i'd rather have that pain than a bad headache TBH.

Cry like a girl and they give you opiate prescriptions YAY!.  Like I said, I was eating food, fast food about two hours afterward, not a great idea, the wound won't heal fast, but it won't kill you. It just made it bleed andf the healing take longer.

keep the gauze WET, And replace it often, as much as the dentist says.  Don't worry, it's not bad.

if you smoke DO  NOTNOTNOTNOTNOTNOT smoke until it heals.  I have NEVER seen that end well. you'll get a dry spot, with an infection.  I have seen brave men reduced to little girls because they smoked after they had teeth pulled.

With about fifteen teeth pulled, I have the experience and confidence to say "follow the rules, and you'll be fine"

Last edited by RoosterCantrell (2008-03-24 18:41:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard