KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6453|Cambridge, UK

Bulldogz wrote:

I know firefox usually detects phishers...how come that wasn't the case this time?
Because firefox relies on reports (i.e. Help > Report Web Forgery....) for this type of scam site.... hopefully Ty and the others have reported!

EDIT: Doh after reading my own reply realised I hadnt reported .... have now (FF and IE)

Last edited by KylieTastic (2008-03-20 18:20:11)

maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6302
I don't have friends on Steam so I'm safe
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC
Reported it to Valve already, and I just reported it to Google's Safe Browsing.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6349|Belfast

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

SamTheMan:D wrote:

Ty you were the one who sent me the link

And you sent it to me!
Chain reaction of failure
agreed

lol
wankpot5

gayfag15

Last edited by henno13 (2008-03-20 18:38:41)

Fat_Swinub
jaff
+125|6436
When it comes to steam, I don't type in shit without knowing it's secure like fort Knox.
Tushers
Noctwisaskfirtush
+224|6686|Some where huntin in Wisconsin

henno13 wrote:

i was just gonna say that someone dosent like us

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Same thing happens with all the scam myspace pages. Make sure your browser address ONLY has www.steampowered.com or www.myspace.com instead of www.myspace.bs.com etc etc.
theres a surprise

myspace ftl
ya if you use those stupid site imo you kinda deserve it just go out dont live on the internats i used to its alot funner to go out and do fun drugs n shit ya?

ok maybe you dont but still thanks for the heads up mate
Eldu
+62|6108|Belgium
Nobody sent me a link .
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6325|Graz, Austria
It only took them 3 months to get you, Ty...
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pi … 1#p1682661
SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5975|England

henno13 wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

NooBesT wrote:

And you sent it to me!
Chain reaction of failure
agreed

lol
wankpot5

gayfag15

wat?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York
These guys are fucking pathetic.

Never tell your password to anyone.
Stϵam Administration would like to inform you that there has been a recent breech in all Steam systems. This bug (or virus) may cause serious damage to your computer, and the only way for it to be cleared, it for a Steam Reprisentative to clear it from your system. Our Privacy Policy has also been updated, stating this at www.steampowered.com. Please take a few minutes to fill out this form. Also, please note that this is an automated service so the computer will not understand any other commands other than the form, thanks you, and have a pleasant evening.
Form;

Name of Account Holder :
Age of Account Holder :
Steam Username :
Steam Password :
Country of Registration :
Approximate Age of Account :
Poseidon: Aww, that's cute. Trying to hack.
Stϵam Administration is unable to process that command, please try again
Poseidon: You people are really pathetic.
Poseidon: Buy your own games, fags. I'm not stupid enough to fall for your shit.
Stϵam Administration is now Offline.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6325|New Haven, CT
Why does the government not sterilize criminals?

People are pathetic pieces of crap.

Last edited by nukchebi0 (2008-03-21 21:18:54)

HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5962|Washington DC

nukchebi0 wrote:

Why does the government not sterilize criminals?

People are pathetic pieces of crap.
It's cheaper to put them on old sparky
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6793|Jupiter
Ty got owned? thats real news there! jk
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g44/Flaming_Maniac/steam.jpg

yay
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

I wasn't paying attention. I was waiting for a mate to pick me up and I was just shutting everything down and saw the message and thought I'd give it a shot to see what it was. I didn't buy the whole free games thing, I didn't even look at the link and I don't know what the steampowered website looked like having never been there so I saw what I expected to see. Glad that most of you guys aren't as stupid as me.

The chat ones are easy, I've been targeted a few times, (see the link globefish posted,) and it's always pretty obvious. Thing was, Sl@yer is someone I communicate regularly with in my Steam Friends list. If it had been say, Cougar or someone along those lines who don't usually use Steam for chat I would have probably been wise to it.
All these variables. They got me at the perfect time, (for them.)

A question though: What can someone get from your Steam Account? I mean, I know if you get someone's account you can play all the games they have IF you log into their account. Other than that what is there to do? Just be a dick and change the password so they can't use it?
Who knows. Now that I'm back I'll sort it all out and get my account back.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6708|67.222.138.85
I wasn't trying to say you were stupid or something, everyone makes mistakes. I was just posting me screwing with them. It was this particular prank, they sent me the website and then gave me the option to put all my info into the chat instead, which I did with a bad password. Then the above ensued.

Basically they change the password once they get your account, then it's theirs. They own all the games you have on their, and in most cases that's $100-200 worth of games.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard