Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

(Carrying on from http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=96808)
Be aware!

My Steam account was recently hijacked. I feel like a dumbarse but nevertheless this is very clever and you should know about it.

Okay so what happens is you get a message from a friend, in my case it was Liberal-Sl@yer telling me about "free Steam games" and giving a website. This website looks identicle to the Steam Community login page, so you sign in with your details. This won't work, you'll be taken to the same page. What it WILL do is steal your login information and change your password. It will in turn send it's message to another person through your ex-account. For someone who wasn't bothered to look for details I was easy prey.

Poseidon got wise to it after "I" sent him a similar message. However Poseidon noted that for some reason I wasn't using proper punctuation, spelling or grammar and was using words like "noob" and "lol". He gave me a heads-up and now I'm passing this on to you, ESPECIALLY IF YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN MY FRIENDS LIST!

Also - THIS PROVES HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO USE PROPER PUNCTUATION, SPELLING AND GRAMMAR! If I had been one of the many who use "lol" and "noob" and write like I'm retarded Poseidon may have not caught on by the scam's obvious differences in writing style, at least not as easially as he did.

I'm sorting it out now and I hope none of you have to go through the same thing.

Cheers,

- Ty.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

Thanks and all, but please search

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=96808

Last edited by Ryan (2008-03-20 17:00:05)

Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6654|West Yorkshire, U.K
Thanks +1
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

so far, Liberal-Sl@yer  is the weakest link
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615
thx
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

I know Ryan, I'm giving all the gory details.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
weerdfoo1
Banned
+26|6135|California

Ty wrote:

This website looks identicle to the Steam Community login page, so you sign in with your details. This won't work, you'll be taken to the same page.
You sir are the victim of a phisher...sorry about that, but thanks for the heads up...
Luigi
Sniper Whore
+97|6149|Wisconsin
That sucks man... If I used steam, I would have fallen for it too.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
Fuckin' scammers.

'Luv ya Ty <3
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Everyone picks on Poseidon, when my old account got hijacked last year they tried scamming him.

Pos, you must be like easy prey or something .
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

The Sheriff wrote:

Everyone picks on Poseidon, when my old account got hijacked last year they tried scamming him.

Pos, you must be like easy prey or something .
Yeah, I thought it was you too. You...fake-bastard.

If I was easy prey, I'd have fallen for it.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I got this message earlier. At first I was like, "Cool thanks for the link." Then I checked it out and was like, "well wtf". Seemed pretty obvious to me it was a scam. Shitty domain (.tk) with the exact look of the real Steam site. And I didn't see anything about free steam games anywhere anyway, so I sure as hell wasn't going to log in.

Thanks for the info, though. Hopefully anyone who did go there is able to get their account back!
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6721|the middle of nowhere
Free games? Pffffffffbt. Yeah, right. Thanks for the heads up.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6426|The edge of sanity

jsnipy wrote:

dude i got owned but seriously i did not mean to unleash this horror. I is sorry bf2s.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

dude i got owned but seriously i did not mean to unleash this horror. I is sorry bf2s.
ban

Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

Poseidon wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

ban

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Ty wrote:

If I had been one of the many who use "lol" and "noob" and write like I'm retarded Poseidon may have not caught on by the scam's obvious differences in writing style, at least not as easially as he did.
But you missed it cause Liberal-Sl@yer does write like a retard? That's a bit harsh.

Bad luck to both of you. But it's a good thing they didn't steal credit card details or something more important.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
kptk92
u
+972|6378|tc_london

jsnipy wrote:

And Sam
d4rkph03n1x
+131|6719

Same thing happens with all the scam myspace pages. Make sure your browser address ONLY has www.steampowered.com or www.myspace.com instead of www.myspace.bs.com etc etc.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6318|Belfast
i was just gonna say that someone dosent like us

d4rkph03n1x wrote:

Same thing happens with all the scam myspace pages. Make sure your browser address ONLY has www.steampowered.com or www.myspace.com instead of www.myspace.bs.com etc etc.
theres a surprise

myspace ftl

Last edited by henno13 (2008-03-20 18:08:02)

SamTheMan:D
Banned
+856|5944|England

Ty you were the one who sent me the link

henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6318|Belfast

SamTheMan:D wrote:

lolowned
Bulldogz
Blacking Out the Friction
+32|5969|Rexburg, Idaho
I know firefox usually detects phishers...how come that wasn't the case this time?
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

And you sent it to me!
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

NooBesT wrote: