{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6778|San Antonio, Texas
It sounds like if you have to be born a Jew or go though religious conversion to become a Jew, it's a religion.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6556|Long Island, New York

Turquoise wrote:

Spark wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Judaism is a religion, not a race.
Debatable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Is_A_Jew%3F
It's kind of both...   There are Jewish ethnicities, and then there are a few Jewish converts outside of those ethnicities.
Meh, well I wouldn't consider myself ethnically jewish. I don't have any of the characteristics of an ethnic jew. I don't have a jew-fro.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6778|San Antonio, Texas
What do you mean you don't have a jew-fro?!? It's right there!

https://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/19022.jpg

Kidding, of course.
Smithereener
+138|6334|California

Schittloaf wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Schittloaf wrote:

he is a fucking racist. every time he tries to explain it now he makes it worse ..  fuck he even picked on his white grandma.

and poseidon your a democrat tool. you are no independant you want him to win because he is black and your a minority also ..
LOL. Okay, now it's just funny. Not that your bullshit arguments weren't always anyways, but that's beside the point.

Democrat tool, eh? Oh yeah, you got me all figured out. I'm not an independent, I'm just lying to people who don't matter and that I'll never meet on an Internet forum for a video game from 2005! And I'm only voting for him because he's black, because God knows I'm so fond of affirmitive action.

And it has nothing to do with me being a minority. I don't consider myself to be a minority. I don't ask for special rights because I'm jewish, I prefer to stay in the mainstream.

And you can fuck yourself with the rustiest pole you can find for inferring that I'm only voting for him because "I'm a minority too".
YOUR A DEMOCRAT TOOL AND A MINORITY .. you said yourself . jewish/islamic .  i bet you put other on "what race are you" on job aplications if your even old enuff to work.
Sorry, but why should we care what ethnicity or race anyone is. Is it that hard to look past ancestral backgrounds or the colour of one's skin? Why can't people like you just see that people are just people, or that citizens of America (no matter what background) are still American? I guess that won't ever happen till everyone becomes one race...

I don't care for either Democrats or Republicans, and quite personally, none of the three frontrunners truly appeal to me, but I still would vote Obama since it seems he seems to be the most aligned to my positions, albeit not by much. I don't care that he's black, although I do think him running and actually getting this far could be a major source of inspiration for many people. I don't care that I'm a minority, I'm not voting for him based on me being a minority, nor do I want to be treated differently from any other American on grounds of my ethnicity.

Now to express my thoughts on the actual topic: Highly unlikely. I doubt that he'll be able to come in this late. But hey, who knows .

Last edited by Smithereener (2008-03-20 21:32:58)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6167|'straya
Don't think it's going to happen.

[sarcasm=large] Schittloaf your logic and intelligence astounds me [/sarcasm]
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6590|USA

sergeriver wrote:

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

so how does this work then? Can the candidate pick anyone they like to run for VP or what? I mean , I know they are going to pick someone who will do them a favour and help get them elected and that, but can Hillary / Obama / McCain just choose whoever. Like, say, could Hilary pick Bill (not that she would).....
What if she picks Bill and then she resigns?  Then you get 4 more years of Bill.  Is that possible?
NO. the 25th (i believe) amendment limits a person to ten years in presidential office.

@turquoise: there's been something like 12 presidents in US history that were democrats. since the time of abraham lincoln (when the republican party formed) the rest have all been republican.

Last edited by Ender2309 (2008-03-21 01:05:04)

djphetal
Go Ducks.
+346|6354|Oregon
If Gore came in now, he could be torn apart for "not being invested in being president," or something of the sort... I wanted him to run, but it's just too late now. The Dems will have to settle for the spit and spat, mediocre candidates we have now.

More and more, I really think I want to move to Europe, just so I can break free from the annoying American political game.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6790|PNW

sergeriver wrote:

Vote for Hillary, let her pick Bill as VP and then impeach her.  Problem solved.
I'd pick Bill over Obama, Gore or Hillary.
beerface702
+65|6712|las vegas
how about your all vote for mccain and STFU!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6647|IRELAND

Schittloaf wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

http://www.algore.org/
its written there!!!! i just read it ...
Unbelievable, this taken from algore.org
As of this writing, Obama is ahead in delegates, but both candidates continue to split the available delegates in such a way that neither may have enough to be nominated on the first ballot at the convention in August.
Fuck me this shit isn't going to be sorted until August??? 5 more months of this crap on my radio, TV and Papers.
Lai
+186|6170
Oh please,.. to have any country in the world have that slanderous tree-hugger for president would be a global disaster!

Edit: {M5}Sniper3 wrote:It sounds like if you have to be born a Jew or go though religious conversion to become a Jew, it's a religion.I've never quite figured that out, Jewish conversion, since "Jew" is a race as well. No religious conversion can alter your genetical makeup. But I guess that it isn't much of an issue since it's not an expansive religion (like Christianity and Islam) and conversions are relatively rare.

Last edited by Lai (2008-03-22 04:01:53)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6784|Cambridge (UK)
D'u guys not get a little bored with your presidential elections?

I mean, they go on for EVER!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6424|North Carolina

Ender2309 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

=DB4D=Slight wrote:

so how does this work then? Can the candidate pick anyone they like to run for VP or what? I mean , I know they are going to pick someone who will do them a favour and help get them elected and that, but can Hillary / Obama / McCain just choose whoever. Like, say, could Hilary pick Bill (not that she would).....
What if she picks Bill and then she resigns?  Then you get 4 more years of Bill.  Is that possible?
NO. the 25th (i believe) amendment limits a person to ten years in presidential office.

@turquoise: there's been something like 12 presidents in US history that were democrats. since the time of abraham lincoln (when the republican party formed) the rest have all been republican.
Like I said, the Republicans are far better at presidential campaigns.  Generally speaking, Democrats usually have majorities in both houses -- they're better at Congressional campaigns in a national sense.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard