Poll

How'd you feel if they built a Mosque in your negihborhood?

I'd be mad and I'd complain about it14%14% - 48
I wouldn't care tbh55%55% - 184
I think it would improve the neighborhood2%2% - 9
Fuck Islam27%27% - 91
Total: 332
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6196|Ireland
There are lots of Mosques in my area.  I do not trust Islam because it appears to drive many people who follow its teaching to hate, violence, and bigotry.  I view it much in the way I view the meth problem or mental illness.  Sure not every meth addict will break into your house and kill you and not all the mentally ill will piss on you as you walk down the sidewalk, but I still don't want to be around them just incase.

Last edited by Lotta_Drool (2008-03-22 11:36:27)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Now, once again QUOTE me as saying I HATE MUSLIMS or I THINK MUSLIMS ARE ALL EXTREMISTS or RETRACT it.
Oh, you're very careful to not use the word "Muslim".

However you have stated that you hate Islam.

And this is where the problem lies, lowing.

There is no distinction between 'a Muslim' and 'a follower of Islam'.

You can not be Muslim and not follow Islam.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Islam is being practiced AS IT IS TAUGHT by the prophet Muhammad. Unfortunately this means that the extremists are more true to this religion that the "moderates".
So are ultraconservative Christians in relation to Christianity as it's taught in the Old Testament.  If you take those books, the Bible and the Qu'ran, both are a joke.
Old and tired comparison Serge, Christians follow the teachings of CHRIST in the New Testament. Pretty much why they are called CHRISTIANS if ya hadn't noticed.
Christians, and Jews as well, accept the Old Testament.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yup when the Catholic Church starts to teach to kill non believers, you will not find much support from me for them. Until then however, please keep your analogies grounded.
There were several cases of child abuse by priests within the Catholic Church.  Should we generalize and say that all Catholics are pedos?  No.
I dunno serge, start a fuckin thread on it and we will discuss it. Any bets on the fact that there are more extremists in Islam than PRIESTS in all of Catholicism?
Priests are supposed to be the example, extremists are nutters.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6633|London, England
I would lol if they built this near lowings house, literally right next door.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d0/Faisal_masjid_isla_galleryfull.jpeg

That's a huge arse mosque. Shit is crazy.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

You've never implicitly said you hate all Muslims. But you have repeatedly, throughout this thread, argued that moderates are just waiting for something to set them off and then they will be extremists. This has been shown again and again. Therefore all Muslims are either current or potential extremists, which you hate.

In any case. I think I've proven my point that you are an absolute textbook definition of an Islamophobe.
I maintain if moderates can explode over cartoons, which they did, then there is not much left is not a potential firestorm. Now, once again QUOTE me as saying I HATE MUSLIMS or I THINK MUSLIMS ARE ALL EXTREMISTS or RETRACT it.
Retract it?

I've just shown again and again that you've said just that. You big Islamophobe you.....

But if you really want:

lowing wrote:

I HATE MUSLIMS
you need to copy the post where this quote came from.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Now, once again QUOTE me as saying I HATE MUSLIMS or I THINK MUSLIMS ARE ALL EXTREMISTS or RETRACT it.

I do hate Islam, and I stated my reasons, I however take people one at a time and judge on an individual basis. I have said this many times ant can't seem to get any acknowledgement for it.  Go figure
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I do hate Islam, and I stated my reasons, I however take people one at a time and judge on an individual basis. I have said this many times ant can't seem to get any acknowledgement for it.  Go figure
Well good luck with this then, they are 1.5 billion people.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6778|Cambridge (UK)

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

If you hate Islam, you hate Muslims.

Do we need to spell this out any clearer?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6550|Long Island, New York

lowing wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I however take people one at a time and judge on an individual basis.
https://img385.imageshack.us/img385/1403/smellslikebullshitif2.jpg

You've proven through this thread that you do NOT do this.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6417|North Carolina

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Eh... well, you can claim to be Muslim but still completely misinterpret Islam.  That's basically what the extremists are doing.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6196|Ireland

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

If you hate Islam, you hate Muslims.

Do we need to spell this out any clearer?
Wow, just wow.  You really aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Wow.

hint:  Muslim = Person
         Islam = Religion
         Christian = Person
         Christianity = Religion
         Scorpion0x17 = Should read more and post less
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6594|SE London

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I maintain if moderates can explode over cartoons, which they did, then there is not much left is not a potential firestorm. Now, once again QUOTE me as saying I HATE MUSLIMS or I THINK MUSLIMS ARE ALL EXTREMISTS or RETRACT it.
Retract it?

I've just shown again and again that you've said just that. You big Islamophobe you.....

But if you really want:

lowing wrote:

I HATE MUSLIMS
I have done....

Can't you see it?

I'm not retracting anything I said. I completely stand by all my statements and if you've accidentally said stuff you didn't mean, then tough. I know your level of literacy isn't great, but that's not my fault. I can't help it if you can't accurately articulate your views, but instead make sweeping statements to the effect of all Muslims being extremists, which you have done and I have already illustrated with quotes.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6196|Ireland

Bertster7 wrote:

I am infested with crabs.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6594|SE London

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I am infested with crabs.
https://blog.apogee.gr/files/southpark-crab-people.jpg

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

Retract it?

But if you really want:

I have done....

Can't you see it?

I'm not retracting anything I said. I completely stand by all my statements and if you've accidentally said stuff you didn't mean, then tough. I know your level of literacy isn't great, but that's not my fault. I can't help it if you can't accurately articulate your views, but instead make sweeping statements to the effect of all Muslims being extremists, which you have done and I have already illustrated with quotes.
You have never not once shown that I have posted that I hate Muslims or that I think ALL Muslims are extremists....If I said it, the fucking post it. Do not post something that you INTERPRET as me saying I hate muslims etc......If I said it then POST IT.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6770|Argentina

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

lowing wrote:

I have done....

Can't you see it?

You have never not once shown that I have posted that I hate Muslims or that I think ALL Muslims are extremists....If I said it, the fucking post it. Do not post something that you INTERPRET as me saying I hate muslims etc......If I said it then POST IT.
You said something even worse.  I can't find it but I remember you saying that extremists didn't worry you as much as the moderate ones, because moderates don't speak out against extremists.  And further more, you said that those rioting around the world coz of the cartoons and other BS, weren't extremists but moderate Muslims.  So, you aren't saying that all Muslims are extremists, but you are saying that both extremists and moderates are to blame for the failures of Islam.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I have done....

Can't you see it?

You said something even worse.  I can't find it but I remember you saying that extremists didn't worry you as much as the moderate ones, because moderates don't speak out against extremists.  And further more, you said that those rioting around the world coz of the cartoons and other BS, weren't extremists but moderate Muslims.  So, you aren't saying that all Muslims are extremists, but you are saying that both extremists and moderates are to blame for the failures of Islam.
Yeah, I will admit to this, but let me ask ya a question, if you do not want to blame the 10 extremists and the 1.5 billion muslims for the failure of Islam, who exactly do you wanna blame? Let me guess.......WHITEY!!
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6687|Canberra, AUS

lowing wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

lowing wrote:

Yeah, I will admit to this, but let me ask ya a question, if you do not want to blame the 10 extremists and the 1.5 billion muslims for the failure of Islam, who exactly do you wanna blame? Let me guess.......WHITEY!!
Who said he didn't want to blame extremists?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
eaglecorps
shotguns
+23|6256|TEXAS
Aww c'mon you guys leave lowing alone for God sakes. He got his views and you shouldn't judge. Stick do the damn topic at hand for fuck sake!

Last edited by eaglecorps (2008-03-22 20:45:33)

David.P
Banned
+649|6286
Do you know why i dont want a mosque in my neighbor hood? Because today i was in brooklyn this Black guy was preaching on the street about how great the religion of Islam is. He was loud and annoying as fuck, Bothering all the people who were doing their last minute easter shopping. Now you're thinking why not give him a mosque to shut the fuck up and get out of the street? Or well christian preachers do it too. Well here's why.

1. It was easter eve, There were so many people out doing last minute shopping he was just annoying them.

2. Last time they built a Mosque in New York. The Mosque caused more traffic and it did not stop the street preachers, Also they broadcast there prayers over a loud speaker that really bothered some of the older residents(Come on wtf? 6 AM right before most people wake up? And on fridays and Saturdays? When everyone just wants to sleep or not be bothered.), When they complained the city did nothing about it. Because they compared it to church bells.

Really? What would you rather hear? Some guy chanting in a language you do not understand for 5 minutes 5 times a day? Or bells tolling for less then a minute once a day? Infact the church's round my area are courteous and dont ring their bells for more then 30 seconds, And when they do it's only at noon. Not 6 AM, Not 5 PM, and Not so loud that people from 5 blocks away can hear you.

3. About the street preaching. When a christian does it the cops are called on them for disturbing the peace(I've seen it happen lots of times) When a Muslim does it, People are too afraid of offending him.

See this is why Islam is invasive and incompatible with Western society. They push their belief's on you, They dont care what you think, And finally they have no respect for the societies they live in. Unless they cater to them.

EDIT: I think it was an Islamic center to tell ya the truth. And i know it was in southern brooklyn where all the old people live(I think brighton beach or maybe bayside)

Last edited by David.P (2008-03-22 21:01:14)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

David.P wrote:

Do you know why i dont want a mosque in my neighbor hood? Because today i was in brooklyn this Black guy was preaching on the street about how great the religion of Islam is. He was loud and annoying as fuck, Bothering all the people who were doing their last minute easter shopping. Now you're thinking why not give him a mosque to shut the fuck up and get out of the street? Or well christian preachers do it too. Well here's why.

1. It was easter eve, There were so many people out doing last minute shopping he was just annoying them.

2. Last time they built a Mosque in New York. The Mosque caused more traffic and it did not stop the street preachers, Also they broadcast there prayers over a loud speaker that really bothered some of the older residents(Come on wtf? 6 AM right before most people wake up? And on fridays and Saturdays? When everyone just wants to sleep or not be bothered.), When they complained the city did nothing about it. Because they compared it to church bells.

Really? What would you rather hear? Some guy chanting in a language you do not understand for 5 minutes 5 times a day? Or bells tolling for less then a minute once a day? Infact the church's round my area are courteous and dont ring their bells for more then 30 seconds, And when they do it's only at noon. Not 6 AM, Not 5 PM, and Not so loud that people from 5 blocks away can hear you.

3. About the street preaching. When a christian does it the cops are called on them for disturbing the peace(I've seen it happen lots of times) When a Muslim does it, People are too afraid of offending him.

See this is why Islam is invasive and incompatible with Western society. They push their belief's on you, They dont care what you think, And finally they have no respect for the societies they live in. Unless they cater to them.

EDIT: I think it was an Islamic center to tell ya the truth. And i know it was in southern brooklyn where all the old people live(I think brighton beach or maybe bayside)
You say Islam pushes their beliefs on us...

Um, you ever hear of a thing called missionaries? And how they were sent to almost every country the west conquered during the age of imperialism? "The White Man's Burden", as Rudyard Kipling put it.

Oh yeah, but a random muslim guy talking about Islam on the streets is "pushing their beliefs" on you. Yeah. Right.

So basically, it's okay for the Christians to do it, but because Muslims do it, it's not? Last time I was in NYC, I was pestered by a CHRISTIAN telling me to change the way I act (even though I was just walking...) or God will reject me in heaven and that I'll suffer greatly during the apocalypse. I felt like saying "I'm jewish, according to the bible I'm already one of the chosen people", but I just IGNORED HIM. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO DO. Is this like fucking elementary school? You can't ignore someone who you don't want to hear?

Christ. You guys (David, Lowing, etc) are the most intolerant people I've ever met. If someone said "I want judaism out of this country", you'd both be going up in arms about it because it's BIGOTRY. But because it's about Islam and you yourselves are saying it, it's fine apparentely.

Ironically, I was at a dinner party tonight for a relatives 30th birthday. There was a muslim man and his wife there and we were all discussing the elections and politics in the middle east. Just fine. But, you know, according to you guys he's intolerant of other people and wanted to blow all of us up considering everyone there was Jewish except them.

Last edited by Poseidon (2008-03-22 21:12:14)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6664|USA

Poseidon wrote:

David.P wrote:

Um, you ever hear of a thing called missionaries? And how they were sent to almost every country the west conquered during the age of imperialism? "The White Man's Burden", as Rudyard Kipling put it.

Oh yeah, but a random muslim guy talking about Islam on the streets is "pushing their beliefs" on you. Yeah. Right.

So basically, it's okay for the Christians to do it, but because Muslims do it, it's not? Last time I was in NYC, I was pestered by a CHRISTIAN telling me to change the way I act (even though I was just walking...) or God will reject me in heaven and that I'll suffer greatly during the apocalypse. I felt like saying "I'm jewish, according to the bible I'm already one of the chosen people", but I just IGNORED HIM. THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO DO. Is this like fucking elementary school? You can't ignore someone who you don't want to hear?

Christ. You guys (David, Lowing, etc) are the most intolerant people I've ever met. If someone said "I want judaism out of this country", you'd both be going up in arms about it because it's BIGOTRY. But because it's about Islam and you yourselves are saying it, it's fine apparentely.

Ironically, I was at a dinner party tonight for a relatives 30th birthday. There was a muslim man and his wife there and we were all discussing the elections and politics in the middle east. Just fine. But, you know, according to you guys he's intolerant of other people and wanted to blow all of us up considering everyone there was Jewish except them.
Hmm, I am intolerant and why is that? Because I do not like intolerant religions? Ok no sweat, I will live with that.
David.P
Banned
+649|6286
Yes but they dont intrude on your person.

Not random sent from the Center in Manhatten(Thats what it said on the pamphlet)

No it's not. But yet i've never even seen some christfag pull the shit you're talking about on me. Where was this? Manhatten? You sure it was'nt just some nut? Like the assholes in bed sty who preach on the street about how bad the world is and how their god will save you(It's a cult dont listen)

I'm not intolerant just a hater of hypocrites and those who support them.

Ironically aswell, I was in the projects today next to a methodist church and there were some guys handing out pamphlets about jesus, But when i said no they fucked off.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

lowing wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

David.P wrote:

Hmm, I am intolerant and why is that? Because I do not like intolerant religions? Ok no sweat, I will live with that.
Yes, you are. Because you generalize, and you think that an entire religion is intolerant because of the actions of some, and you want it out of this country.

You can shape it any way you want, but the bottom line is (and most people here agree with me) is that YOU are the only intolerant person here.

eaglecorps wrote:

Aww c'mon you guys leave lowing alone for God sakes. He got his views and you shouldn't judge. Stick do the damn topic at hand for fuck sake!
hi were having this thign its called a debate we talk abot stuf and discus it and sumetiems da topc shiftz ok thx bai

If you don't want your views judged, DON'T FUCKING POST. K? K. <3

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard