Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon
throw out whatever scenarios you want, but i want to see peoples thoughts on this.
after all, one of the reasons we are allowed to own firearms is too reserve the right to take back the power when we feel that things are wrong.

the people that made this country did not envision "politicians" running things. no, they wanted honest, hard working people to serve four years like they are sacrificing something.
so, thats my scenario:
after god knows how many years, the citizens of the united states decide they are tired of power hungry pieces of shit running things, and make the choice to take the power away from those people.
the goal is to COMPLETELY rebuild the political structure of this country.

before i say my pieces, i wanna know, first, what do you think the governments response would be?
what do you think the military response would be?
at what point do you think the military would start killing their own countrymen?
and how effective would the citizens be against an actual army?
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6639|Your moms bedroom
we gotta march to the whitehouse first

than

anarchy
Krupp23
+2|6218
As a former citizen of GDR I'd say: the human being only revolts when it gets treated terribly bad. But if they revolt they will do it with demonstrations first (gun power in the last instance).

Military presence? Only if the politicians aren't patriots. I guess they usually are and therefore will obey the Constitution of the United States of America.

Last edited by Krupp23 (2008-03-19 08:00:30)

Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6526|Milkystania, yurop
the gov is the ppl soooo civil war ftw??
Parker
isteal

Magpie wrote:

the gov is the ppl soooo civil war ftw??
no, the government is NOT the people.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command
first, what do you think the governments response would be?

They would try to cut off services and food supplies

what do you think the military response would be?

I'd like to believe the citizen soldiers would turn their guns on the politicians before they would use them on a large group  of civilians; That's they key, if five million citizens marched/swarmed on Washington and somewhat peaceably shut the place down I don't think there is much they could do.  But if small groups of people went around blowing stuff up and assasinating politicians and police officers thinking they were going to change the government they would be put down as terrorists.

at what point do you think the military would start killing their own countrymen?
I'd like to believe that they would only do it if the cause of the militias was immoral; like if it was trying to take freedoms away from the people, instead of restoring them.

and how effective would the citizens be against an actual army?

If enough people in America really wanted to go there I believe we would be quite effective. Guns are abundant. Raw materials for making explosives are readily available and millions of tons of commercial explosives  are just lying around.  Computer nerds could disrupt internets.

The real question for me is, what would it take to rile the people so much that they would unite to fight?

I cannot imagine anything.  Too bad really. The U.S.S.R. is gone. The United States spent trillions and fifty years defeating the Soviet Union so that our sovereignty could be surrendered as elitists try to attempt  a North American Union. They are making our situation so bad the AU we seem like a good alternative. Politicians are wholly corrupt and corporations control U.S. policy. It is time to reset the clock in this country.

Politicians should remember that people who feel like they have nothing left to lose are very dangerous.
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

I think with the communication tools like we now have this is possible.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
One night I was sitting in my living room with a few friends. I proposed the scenario of an enemy tank rolling down the street at that very moment. It would be up to us to kill the crew and salvage the tank if possible or else they would kill us and other civilians. The only thing we could get from my apartment in about 1-2 minutes that could "kill" a tank was a 1/4 full jug of scotch that we could fashion into a Molotov cocktail. We figured we could throw the bottle at the tank commander on the .50 and then maybe jump in the tank and stab the other crew with kitchen knives. I reckon an uprising would take immense coordination via the internet.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland
There would be two sides with big ideological differencies. There is no 'people versus goverment' scenario, propably the majority wouldn't support anarchy. It would be a civil war with the military propably backing the goverment i.e. you're not going to over throw them with a hand gun.
Parker
isteal

Gawwad wrote:

you're not going to over throw them with a hand gun.
luckily, we have access to MUCH more than handguns....check out ATGs post, that will give you an idea.

Last edited by Parker (2008-03-19 08:27:37)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland

Superior Mind wrote:

One night I was sitting in my living room with a few friends. I proposed the scenario of an enemy tank rolling down the street at that very moment. It would be up to us to kill the crew and salvage the tank if possible or else they would kill us and other civilians. The only thing we could get from my apartment in about 1-2 minutes that could "kill" a tank was a 1/4 full jug of scotch that we could fashion into a Molotov cocktail. We figured we could throw the bottle at the tank commander on the .50 and then maybe jump in the tank and stab the other crew with kitchen knives. I reckon an uprising would take immense coordination via the internet.
Internet is easily controlled and they wouldn't exactly go convertible with the tank in a hostile environment, not even if it was sunny.

Last edited by Gawwad (2008-03-19 08:36:16)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland

Parker wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

luckily, we have access to MUCH more than handguns....check out ATGs post, that will give you an idea.
Nothing the army can't handle.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6708|Charlie One Alpha
Very interesting questions....

Unfortunately, I think a lot more will have to happen before the situation is SO bad that citizens will revolt. Otherwise, it will turn into a civil war with one group opposing the government and the other group supporting the government. That would probably be slaughter.

But if everyone was on the same side, I really doubt the military would engage civilians. From my own perspective:
I would be very hesitant to fire on my own countrymen, unless I was absolutely sure they were right, in which case I would probably already have deserted from the armed forces. I can't imagine anyone from my unit shooting our own countrymen. If things got bad enough, I think it's more likely the entire military would turn on the government as well.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6840|Cologne, Germany

as I said before, I really can't imagine a scenario under which a full-flegded armed rebellion against the US government would seem the only possible alternative. I mean, someone has to run the country, and what guarantee would you have that those you put into power will do better than those you just removed ? Power corrupts.
This is not about the political system, it's about the people running it. And people are generally assholes. Some more, some less.

gotta go, I'll continue this later....
liquix
+51|6453|Peoples Republic of Portland
takes a war to do such things. Most private citizens don't have fighter jets, hydrogen bombs, tanks, fully automatic machine guns, squad coordination, hand to hand combat skills, gun boats, etc. However, I think even under orders it would be difficult for the military to fire upon our own citizens. It  happened once before in the civil war, and it wasn't pretty.

Thankfully, like Iraq, I just think there is WAY too much land area for the government to win vs a civilian militia. That being said, it would be difficult for citizens to strike against the government either. I imagine they would ally with a country like Russia against the US government, so perhaps that is a way they could acquire the aforementioned weapons like jets and bombs. The problem with fighting a non-army is picking your targets, what neighborhood do you flatten, what house do you raid, etc.

It is an interesting scenario, and I have often thought about what I'd do if tanks started rolling down my street as well. I personally would go to where I grew up, far out in the country, hole up and see what happened. Here in Portland, I think I'd get killed by bombing raids pretty quickly.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Gawwad wrote:

Parker wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

I would believe the army will fight for the freedoms, instead for the politicians.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692
We could make a fuck ton of IEDs.
Parker
isteal

Gawwad wrote:

Parker wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland

Parker wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Parker wrote:

Bring forth the exploding log!
That'll teach them!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6692

Parker wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Parker wrote:

That doesn't look like it would do much to even a hummer.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Parker wrote:

I would believe the army will fight for the freedoms, instead for the politicians.
And what do you need the hand guns for in this situation? Or the civilians at all?
Parker
isteal

Gawwad wrote:

Parker wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

That'll teach them!
say it with me now:
B-L-A-C-K P-O-W-D-E-R
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Gawwad wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

And what do you need the hand guns for in this situation? Or the civilians at all?
You do realize you can pretty much get a .50 Cal sniper in the US right? You also get pretty much any type of gun that is a semi-auto.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Parker
isteal

Gawwad wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

this thread isnt about handguns, since that seems to be the only rebuttal you have.

however there is a thread regarding the second amendment, so feel free to head over that way.
thanks for the off topic input though
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6684|Espoo, Finland

Parker wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Parker wrote:

That'll teach them!
say it with me now:
B-L-A-C-K P-O-W-D-E-R
B-L-A-C-K P-O-W-D-E-R
Now tell me how you're going to archieve anything with it.

Lets say stop a tank?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard