I have never donated blood24%24% - 32
I have not donated blood, but plan to in the future29%29% - 39
I will never donate blood7%7% - 10
I can not donate blood for whatever reason9%9% - 12
Total: 133
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

When I was in school I did.  Reason to get out of class and get a cookie.  I haven't been able to for the last 10 or so years due to various reasons (drug use, tattoo).
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6743|the middle of nowhere
No, I'm 1 year too young. I've had my blood taken a ton of times though. I might or might not, I'm not even sure if I can anyways.
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6733|United States

ebug9 wrote:

Don't people in the US get paid to donate blood?
Then it's not really a donation anymore, is it?

Answer is no, but I believe you can get paid for giving sperm, eggs, plasma, and bone marrow.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6486|N. Ireland
"I have not donated blood, but plan to in the future"
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5992|...
I donated to the grass if that counts

in all seriousness, no but might I've got O-
inane little opines
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

I've donated. It's great, I love doing it. I must've donated at least 5 to 7 times already. But the last year or I've been missing out and have got lazy I should be up to 10 by now. I really like it because it's so easy. I never feel faint, I don't get all freaked out (heck, I watch them stick the needle in me!), and it only takes me literally 5 minutes to pump out a bag.

I'm O+, which is a good source for blood and plasma donation (I haven't given plasma yet, though).

Last edited by mtb0minime (2008-03-18 13:22:49)

KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6445|Cambridge, UK

I would but I dont have a licence to supply alcohol

my veins are pure Guinness
The#1Spot
+105|6532|byah

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

i do all the time.  maybe because i'm O- (the best blood type imo)
Thats the reason why I do not donate is that I have O-. The people with the most valuable blood type should be paid.
Runs_with_sciss0rs
Well butter my buscuit
+121|6184|14072
I was going to donate for my school, but I went to Mexico.. so I couldn't donate for like a year. Next time my school does it, I will donate
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
I donated plasma for beer money when I was younger.   You could donate plasma up to 3 times a week.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6511|USA

The#1Spot wrote:

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

i do all the time.  maybe because i'm O- (the best blood type imo)
Thats the reason why I do not donate is that I have O-. The people with the most valuable blood type should be paid.
lulz.  it is the gold of blood.
at least we get "special/urgent" stickers on our packages.

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I donated plasma for beer money when I was younger.   You could donate plasma up to 3 times a week.
i might start doing that.  75 bucks for my first time and only about 5 blocks from my house at school.

Last edited by CoronadoSEAL (2008-03-18 14:26:22)

VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6665|A sunburnt country
I'm not allowed to because of Gulf War I.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5954|Washington DC
Nope, but I probably will.

Plasma's also nice because you get paid. I also agree with #1 Spot... it's AB Positive that's the rarest right?

As for donating sperm, you have to have fucking Spartan genetics or they won't bother getting your jizz.
Perv3rt
Lookin' through your Window
+193|6233|Man Diego

AB negative, they call me everytime the waiting period is up.
Brasso
+1,549|6623

I have not donated blood, but plan to in the future
1) I can't yet (you have to be 17)
2) I don't want to mess up my sports seasons

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I haven't been able to for the last 10 or so years due to various reasons (drug use, tattoo).
?

Last edited by haffeysucks (2008-03-18 14:36:48)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6305

haffeysucks wrote:

I have not donated blood, but plan to in the future
1) I can't yet (you have to be 17)
2) I don't want to mess up my sports seasons

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I haven't been able to for the last 10 or so years due to various reasons (drug use, tattoo).
?
Q I've just had a tattoo and am dismayed that I can't donate for 6 months. Why? My tattooist is registered with the local council and new needles were used.
A There is always an infection risk whenever the skin is pierced, and tattooing means lots of piercing. Acupuncturists and other therapists who are members of professional organisations that are approved by the NBS are permitted to issue their clients/patients with certificates showing that the body piercing has been carried out under approved conditions and is free of the risk of infection. As yet, there is no professional organisation that will do this for tattooists. You MUST tell us if you have had ear piercing, body piercing or tattooing, or have had acupuncture outside of the NHS between 6 and 12 months ago as your donation will need an additional blood test.

http://www.blood.co.uk/pages/b10faq.html
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6778|Anaheim, CA

I've always wanted to, but I haven't yet.  Too lazy to go down to one of those blood drives.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6511|USA

GuliblGuy wrote:

I've always wanted to, but I haven't yet.  Too lazy to go down to one of those blood drives.
ironic when you need the blood other people might be too lazy to go down to one of those blood drives.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

VspyVspy wrote:

why is that?
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6440|Boulder, CO
I hate needles but i still plan to do it when they next come to my 6th form. Really hate needles though i imagine i'd hate needing blood and not being able to have any even more so.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6778|Anaheim, CA

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

GuliblGuy wrote:

ironic when you need the blood other people might be too lazy to go down to one of those blood drives.
Thanks!  Now I feel great!
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6305

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

why is that?
My Dad's friend fought in Vietnam. They won't let him give blood cause he was exposed to Agent Orange while he was there.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636

ebug9 wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

VspyVspy wrote:

why is that?
My Dad's friend fought in Vietnam. They won't let him give blood cause he was exposed to Agent Orange while he was there.
well I was in OIF and I was exposed to all sorts of shit.  I never heard anything about not donating blood.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6570|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Dont know if i can, will have to read...But i sure will as soon as i can...and if i can get money for plasma...youll see me there all the time.
zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

Only 3 or 4 times but donated plasma countless times. In Vienna its 20€ per donation plus 40 for every 5th time and bonus for every new "member" you bring. I used to do do it 5 times per month for nice 140€ for quite some time but I dont do it any more out of lazyness

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard