GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

Lotta_Drool wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I think if Obama's pastor's words really change your opinion on Obama, youre an idiot.
Bush's Pastor that is one of his advisors preaches that blacky invented HIV and we should ship them all back to Africa in a row boat.  I voted for Bush anyway because Bush is not his Pastor, right.  I mean hell, it tells me nothing when someones spiritual advisor is a racist bigot.

GS - You are a racist.
one finger pointed at me shows three fingers pointed right back at you.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

lowing wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the irony I see is the fact that these same people that are so against Obama's racist pastor said nothing to criticize Ron Paul or the goons he attracts/works with/accepts money from.
1. Ron Paul has no chance for the presidency of the US.

2. David Duke was ostracized for his white supremest background, of which I am sure you had no tolerance, and just wanted to stick with the issues. Nope? well then we have yet another double standard. What a shock
the only double standard I see is the one that says the people that dont like Obama because of his pastors remarks have no problem with the Ron Paul's campaign attracting/working with/accepting money from white racist groups/people.  The fact that he has no chance has nothing to do with the point I thought I made pretty clear.  You see double standards...so do I.
Like David Duke, rest assured that if Ron Paul was a front runner for the White House, his acquaintances remarks, past associations and everything else would be brought to light and picked over just like EVERY other candidate past and present, INCLUDING your beloved Obama. There is no double standard here. The double standard is you think Obama should be protected for some reason ( I have my theories) while every other candidate is supposed to put under a microscope.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

konfusion wrote:

lowing wrote:

Am I not allowed to be concerned about the prospects of him being voted for, for no other reason than because he is black and not because of the issues?.

Are the people who vote for him because he is black racist? You would consider me a racist for voting for McCain because he is white, but people who vote for Obama because he is black is a non-issue? I don't think so.
What you just said has nothing to do with what I just said. You're looking for the race thread. This is the pastor and "dirt-on-a-candidate" thread. I think it's stupid and childish to find dumb sensationalist news stories to gloat about other candidates' downfalls. People always ignore the stories about their own candidates... And the people who fall for this shit don't deserve to vote.

-konfusion
I quoted you and GS. He made a comment, you agreed with it. Now, try answering the questions I posed. GS feel free to tackle them as well.
Lotta_Drool
Spit
+350|6201|Ireland

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I think if Obama's pastor's words really change your opinion on Obama, youre an idiot.
Bush's Pastor that is one of his advisors preaches that blacky invented HIV and we should ship them all back to Africa in a row boat.  I voted for Bush anyway because Bush is not his Pastor, right.  I mean hell, it tells me nothing when someones spiritual advisor is a racist bigot.

GS - You are a racist.
Well, that explains everything.  You, Obama, and Obama's spiritual advisor are racist.  Maybe one day you too will be proud of America for the first time like Obama's wife was recently.

Nothing is more pathetic than someone willing to give a person a free pass based on skin color.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6486

Lotta_Drool wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

GS - You are a racist.
Well, that explains everything.  You, Obama, and Obama's spiritual advisor are racist.  Maybe one day you too will be proud of America for the first time like Obama's wife was recently.

Nothing is more pathetic than someone willing to give a person a free pass based on skin color.
Obama is a White guy.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6707|Tampa Bay Florida

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Obama is a White guy.
He's half black to get technical.. I think

Anyone who has not heard/read Obamas speech on the matter should go do so NOW.  And if you still think Obamas a closet racist/USA hater... then you lack logic.

BTW, I'd be interested to see how many people questioning Obama on this issue have been by a poor African-American community.. or have black friends. 

Because you can sit here and say that you worked your way up on your own, never complained about anything, and poor people are just lazy, but ANYONE who even has an idea of what poor working people go through in this country, whether they be black, white, hispanic.. whatever, should understand that this pastors comments have been taken COMPLETELY out of context... even if they are offensive and controversial.  I'm not saying what he said made sense, or that I agree with him, but I'm willing to give him some slack. 

I've heard much more horrible stuff said by much more priviledged people.  Thats my 2 cents neway.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Spearhead wrote:

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Obama is a White guy.
He's half black to get technical.. I think

Anyone who has not heard/read Obamas speech on the matter should go do so NOW.  And if you still think Obamas a closet racist/USA hater... then you lack logic.

BTW, I'd be interested to see how many people questioning Obama on this issue have been by a poor African-American community.. or have black friends. 

Because you can sit here and say that you worked your way up on your own, never complained about anything, and poor people are just lazy, but ANYONE who even has an idea of what poor working people go through in this country, whether they be black, white, hispanic.. whatever, should understand that this pastors comments have been taken COMPLETELY out of context... even if they are offensive and controversial.  I'm not saying what he said made sense, or that I agree with him, but I'm willing to give him some slack. 

I've heard much more horrible stuff said by much more priviledged people.  Thats my 2 cents neway.
half black? really?? Then expalin why he could not disown the black community or his white grandmother? If he is half black why can he not disown the black commuity OR his white community instead of just one person in the white community??
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6423|North Carolina
Distractions indeed...  man, we don't even need the media to stir them up when half of the population does most of the work for them....
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Turquoise wrote:

Distractions indeed...  man, we don't even need the media to stir them up when half of the population does most of the work for them....
Ok well then now I will ask you since nobody else wants it? Why is now, all of a sudden a politicians personal life and acquaintences off limits? And it is not even all the current politicians, just Obama's. Why is it racist to put him under a microscope JUST LIKE everyone else, when they run for president. This is not a distraction any more than any other politicians aired laundry.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

lowing wrote:

half black? really?? Then expalin why he could not disown the black community or his white grandmother? If he is half black why can he not disown the black commuity OR his white community instead of just one person in the white community??
Could you restate the question?  I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at......
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6463|The Land of Scott Walker

DoctaStrangelove wrote:

Obama is a White guy.
Just like Bill Clinton was the first black prez huh.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Really?
Reciprocity
+721|6598|the dank(super) side of Oregon

Spearhead wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

Really?
why argue, the people that hate him now, hated him before.

Jon Stewart said it best last night.
"and so, at eleven o'clock AM on a Tuesday, a prominent politician spoke to Americans about race as though they were adults."
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Could you restate the question?  I'm not entirely sure what you're getting at......
Sure,

Obama stated that he can not disown Wright any more than he can disown the black community or his white grandmother.

My question is this, why does he not mention that he can not disown the white community as well instead of just one person from it, if he is half black and half white?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Sure,

Obama stated that he can not disown Wright any more than he can disown the black community or his white grandmother.

My question is this, why does he not mention that he can not disown the white community as well instead of just one person from it, if he is half black and half white?
I think because the black community was more prominent in his life than the white community.

But the important part was that he acknowledged his white heritage.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6669|USA

Spearhead wrote:

lowing wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Sure,

I think because the black community was more prominent in his life than the white community.

But the important part was that he acknowledged his white heritage.
Ok, now another question

Do you honestly believe a white candidate could or should get away with such a statement about how he/she can not disown the white community?

This is racial and Obama made it so.
Reciprocity

lowing wrote:

He was using the black community and his white grandmother as examples.  As he said in the speech, his crazy old white grandma would sometimes say crazy old white grandma stuff.  Nonetheless,  she was his grandmother, an integral part of his life and upbringing.  Yeah, she says crazy stuff, but that's what grandma does. 

The black community, for better or worse, is a part of him as he is a part of it, it is also not something he can simply disown. He can condemn it, he can scold it, but he cannot leave it.  Maybe he feels that part of belonging to a community means having the responsibility to make it better.

From what I have read and heard Rev. Wright is a part of Sen. Obama's life, his family.  I would imagine many parishioners of many faiths would have a similiar relationship with their spiritual teachers/advisors.  Like grandma, Wright said some crazy stuff.  Maybe, istead of abandoning Rev. Wright, Sen. Obama would rather criticize his family member as he embraces him.
Reciprocity

lowing wrote:

Ok, now another question

Do you honestly believe a white candidate could or should get away with such a statement about how he/she can not disown the white community?

This is racial and Obama made it so.
Hasn't it always been implied that white people cannot disown their own white community?  When Timothy McVeigh blew up the Murray Federal Building, did Bill Clinton have to go on tv and reassure us that he would not abandon his white community? 

do you ever expect anyone, of any race, to disown their community?

The only absurdity of this whole situation is that Sen. Obama had to go on television and explain this to everyone.
13rin
+977|6497

Reciprocity wrote:

lowing wrote:

He was using the black community and his white grandmother as examples.  As he said in the speech, his crazy old white grandma would sometimes say crazy old white grandma stuff.  Nonetheless,  she was his grandmother, an integral part of his life and upbringing.  Yeah, she says crazy stuff, but that's what grandma does.
How fast did he throw his Grandma under the bus there?  What unflinching loyalty.  Disowns pastor, Disowns Grandmother... Is everyone insane?  If he pulls this shit towards those near and dear to him then how long do you think it will take him to sell you and me out?

Reciprocity wrote:

The black community, for better or worse, is a part of him as he is a part of it, it is also not something he can simply disown. He can condemn it, he can scold it, but he cannot leave it.  Maybe he feels that part of belonging to a community means having the responsibility to make it better.
So how does he better his plight?  He sends his daughters to a bigot in the position of authority and allows his children to become indoctronated with messages of racism and hate... NICE.

Reciprocity wrote:

From what I have read and heard Rev. Wright is a part of Sen. Obama's life, his family.  I would imagine many parishioners of many faiths would have a similiar relationship with their spiritual teachers/advisors.  Like grandma, Wright said some crazy stuff.  Maybe, istead of abandoning Rev. Wright, Sen. Obama would rather criticize his family member as he embraces him.
Obama's staffers are frantically distancing himself from him.  Instead of trying to forgive them he sells them out.  Why now?  I don't buy it.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
The_Lance_117
CANADA STRONG
+110|5954|CANADA

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Reciprocity

DBBrinson1 wrote:

How fast did he throw his Grandma under the bus there?  What unflinching loyalty.  Disowns pastor, Disowns Grandmother... Is everyone insane?  If he pulls this shit towards those near and dear to him then how long do you think it will take him to sell you and me out?
He didn't disown anyone.  That was the whole point of the speech.  Are you fucking high?
13rin
+977|6497

Reciprocity wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

He didn't disown anyone.  That was the whole point of the speech.  Are you fucking high?
Oh shit that's right.... It was Imus.  Obama disowned Imus stating that he never go back on his program because of his track record with racism and what he stood for...  But his crazy ass pastor is cool.  Stinks of racism to me.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2008-03-19 20:04:01)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6777|San Antonio, Texas

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

the only people this issue will effect are the ones that wouldnt vote for him in the first place.
It helped some undecided voters decide.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6724

Stingray24 wrote:

So if John McCain had a white supremacist pastor as his adviser it shouldn't change anyone's opinion?
If McCaine had a white supremecist pastor and McCaine had gone to his church for 20 years, then yes.  I think McCine would be out of the race.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6724

IRONCHEF wrote:

Stingray, if the NRA did something bad, should you, a member, or at least as a gun rights advocate, be responsible for that bad behavior, even if you're running for president?
I am aware that this question is directed at Stingray, but I would like to give my opinion.  If the NRA was a well known racist organization, then I think that he should be heald responsible if he remained a member.  Regardless, that is a different situation.  Obama listened to this racist liar for 20 years!  He called him a close friend!  That is inexcusable.  Nobody can be a close part of a church that they so strongly disagree with.  I can come to no other conclusion than Obama agrees, to an extent that he will not admit, with some of Reverend Wrights radical views.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard