Yes18%18% - 5
No51%51% - 14
Maybe So22%22% - 6
I have a fear of cars and dont know what drifting is7%7% - 2
Total: 27
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6651

Im just going out on a limb here and assume you all know what drifing is. If not, Wikipedia is your friend.

Its videos of these so called "Arab Drifts" that get me thinking. Sure it might look insane and incredible to the untrained eye, a display of incredible motorsport mastery.

To me, it doesnt look like a display of incredible control, rather, it looks like a bunch of arabs with too much free time, discovering that "Wen yu turn ze wheel one way, bery bery fast, an den, turn it bery bery fast in ze other dyerection, ze car goes BERY OUT OF CONTROL SOI SOISOI ALLLLAHHHHH"

seriously now, what is this shit? All they are doing is massive over-sways and feint drifts the entire time. They are essentially throwing these front wheel drive cars, then doing some not so fancy powerbrake and clutch work to make their cars go woooosh in one direction, then woosh in another.

Im not saying this doesnt require control, but to me, it certianly doesnt constitute drifting. Drifting is all about control, about knowing your entrance and exits and keeping your line through a turn. Also, these cars are front wheel drive (until proven false), which means that once you start "drifting", there is no need for throttle modulation unless you want your front tires breaking loose (or unless you want to shift the weight to the front tires,increasing grip and, if you are lucky, adding a bit of oversteer), but you will never be able to hold an angle on a long corner like you could with a rear wheel drive car. This does NOT mean that drifting isnt possible in front wheel drive cars, its very possible indeed, but true drifting is accomplished by rear wheel drive cars.

All these guys are doing is massive pendulums, and their only excuse for not crashing is those big ass roads they are driving on. Kinda hard to hit a wall when you have 30 feet of clearance on either side.

True Drifting

^^ The guy even screws up at the end =p

Check how close he comes to the wall on the 2nd and 3rd runs

Im not discrediting these arab drifter guys, they obviously display skill and control to some degree (even though it comes off looking more like recklessness to me), but as for drifting, if you put these guys on a drifting circuit / drifting competition, they would not do so well. Perhaps they should rename "Arab Drifting"
to
"Saudi finds out what happens when you Scandinavian Flick a camry on a wide ass road, then tells his buddies about it"
Tehremos
Parcel of ol' Crams
+128|6410|Somersetshire
lol thats sliding, with style

drifting has to be controlled
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone
lol crazy Arab
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
maniacmattie
Karma Whore.. LOL
+27|6303
Those Arabs sure are crazy, you gotta give them credit for the amazingly retarded things they do. Such as 'drifting' past moving cars on freeways and such. They seem to hold some pretty good slides along straight roads aswell.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6647|Camoran's Paradise

Tehremos wrote:

nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6326|New Haven, CT

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Wen yu turn ze wheel one way, bery bery fast, an den, turn it bery bery fast in ze other dyerection, ze car goes BERY OUT OF CONTROL SOI SOISOI ALLLLAHHHHH"
I think you are mocking the wrong accent. This reminds of that one girl in Harry Potter who he saves from drowning.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

Tehremos wrote:

It is controlled it just doesn't last very long.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6330|105 RVK
Arab Drifts is not the same is Drifting is it?

So yes that ineed is Arab Drifting and that 2nd vid is Drifting.
rhinoh2o74
+13|6307|oHIo
that was just stunt driving. Put him in a race and see if he finishes, if he does then i might.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6528|Milkystania, yurop
Silly arabs how dare they do anything western SEND THEM TO GITMO NOW!!!1111!!!

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Imo its better they do this on their spare time than their other options
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6623|London, England
I voted the joke option because that's what I do. I would've voted no because Arabs r terrists

Srsly though, that's not really drifting, more like just sliding as much as you can on a straight road
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6687|Espoo, Finland
Track drifting - Good
Track drifting with good skills - Great

Drifting in traffic - Should land you in jail
Drifting in traffic with no skills - ...
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6712|Sweden
Hmm could´nt find the other Vids they have probably been removed due to strong scenes. The spectators must have some deatwish here in the Vids i´ve seen they end up flying as ragdolls thrown 10m up the air not a pretty view. Rich spoiled arabs with to much time on their hands they could at least build their own track and play there.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6733|Uhh... erm...
Doesn't really matter to me what they're doing, as long as those cars don't contain explosives.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

Is the car drifting?

Yes.

So is "arab drifting" actually drifting?

No, because they are terrorists, obviously.

Oh, you're american, no wonder.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
I thought this was going to be a video of an Arab stood on the car and it goes onto two wheels. Anyone seen that sill foo? He gonna bring himself some serious pain.

https://us.ent3.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/contrib_pix/m/r/hds/mr__t.jpg
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5983|Toronto
nyet, not drifting. Only sliding, not at all the same.
n00bs
I like pie.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6292|Éire
You used to get kneecapped for that kind of carry-on up in Northern Ireland not too long ago!
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon
https://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/parkercustoms/islamfuckyeah.jpg
thepilot91
+64|6238|Åland!

Trigger_Happy_92 wrote:

Im just going out on a limb here and assume you all know what drifing is. If not, Wikipedia is your friend.

Its videos of these so called "Arab Drifts" that get me thinking. Sure it might look insane and incredible to the untrained eye, a display of incredible motorsport mastery.

To me, it doesnt look like a display of incredible control, rather, it looks like a bunch of arabs with too much free time, discovering that "Wen yu turn ze wheel one way, bery bery fast, an den, turn it bery bery fast in ze other dyerection, ze car goes BERY OUT OF CONTROL SOI SOISOI ALLLLAHHHHH"

seriously now, what is this shit? All they are doing is massive over-sways and feint drifts the entire time. They are essentially throwing these front wheel drive cars, then doing some not so fancy powerbrake and clutch work to make their cars go woooosh in one direction, then woosh in another.

Im not saying this doesnt require control, but to me, it certianly doesnt constitute drifting. Drifting is all about control, about knowing your entrance and exits and keeping your line through a turn. Also, these cars are front wheel drive (until proven false), which means that once you start "drifting", there is no need for throttle modulation unless you want your front tires breaking loose (or unless you want to shift the weight to the front tires,increasing grip and, if you are lucky, adding a bit of oversteer), but you will never be able to hold an angle on a long corner like you could with a rear wheel drive car. This does NOT mean that drifting isnt possible in front wheel drive cars, its very possible indeed, but true drifting is accomplished by rear wheel drive cars.

All these guys are doing is massive pendulums, and their only excuse for not crashing is those big ass roads they are driving on. Kinda hard to hit a wall when you have 30 feet of clearance on either side.

True Drifting

^^ The guy even screws up at the end =p

Check how close he comes to the wall on the 2nd and 3rd runs

Im not discrediting these arab drifter guys, they obviously display skill and control to some degree (even though it comes off looking more like recklessness to me), but as for drifting, if you put these guys on a drifting circuit / drifting competition, they would not do so well. Perhaps they should rename "Arab Drifting"
to
"Saudi finds out what happens when you Scandinavian Flick a camry on a wide ass road, then tells his buddies about it"
BERY OUT OF CONTROL SOI SOISOI ALLLLAHHHHH ...yea right...why the hell would they doo it on the fkin highway if it wasnt totally controlled?!??!? both of your "controlled drifting" videos are on a track...think b4 you say something ...oh no wait you're amarican...so sry
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6447|The Land of Scott Walker
No, that's not drifting.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6396|The Gem Saloon

thepilot91 wrote:

...oh no wait you're amarican...so sry
poor kid....america must have wronged you at some point.

well, dont worry little buddy, we will always be here so you have an outlet for your inferiority complex.

dont ever forget:

USA>you.
liquix
+51|6456|Peoples Republic of Portland
yes. To the unknowing any other kind of drifting looks like an idiot driving too.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6528|Milkystania, yurop
DankmanHightimes
+24|6502|atlanta GA
i was thinking this arab drift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coj2wfPouuk

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard