SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6403|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Once again, our beloved leaderboard is swamped with cheaters.

As this issue has arisen many times before, and been dealt with (though not as promptly as many would wish), the question rises again:

Why does this keep happening? Why isn't the issue being studied, resolved, and removed forever? Now I know some of you will be saying things like:

"Well its EA, wtf do you expect?"

Stop and think for a second. DICE is the one who made this game, not EA. EA is the PUBLISHER.

Then some more of you might say: "It's an old game, why should they care about it?" Games like DoD and CS:S are STILL being babysat by their respective creators! Why the hell not for BF2?

As things goes, probably nothing will happen on this particular front. But, as a frustrated gamer, I'd like to hear what more of you (hopefully mature) gamers have to say.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6556|Area 51
Well DICE do something about it, but it usually takes a week or two before they clean out the leaderboard again. But quiet frankly, I don't think they care about it anymore, they just clean up the leaderboard every now and then and thats all.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6751|San Antonio, Texas
EA bought DICE, and EA is reponsiable for the leaderboard/resets, so I'm going to say:

Well its EA, wtf do you expect? And it's an old game, why should they care about it? EA's support on all of their games is below par.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6569|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Chuy as a system set up for them not to show up, problem is it have to be done by hand.
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
Lols leaderboards.

With that aside, I like it. I bet that Huellia is crying right now and everytime it happens.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6777|Anaheim, CA

EA isn't patching the game anymore . . . so they obviously don't care there are glitches both in game, and in regards to hacking points.

We'll have to wait until BF3 so Chuy will be in charge of the stats and stats feeds directly from EA, and then he can and will instantly reset them!
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6484|Land of Cotton
I think this type of crap will ultimately lead to the end of monitored stat tracking. If it is not managed properly, they will keep revisiting this problem. An alternative (I am sure they are considering) is to stop stat tracking altogether. I have no idea what monetary costs are associated with stat tracking or problem solving. I bet it does cost.  Pulling the stat tracking plug on a game approaching a three-year lifetime has got to be within their scope.   My 2 cents.
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5991|The Mitten

SplinterStrike wrote:

Once again, our beloved leaderboard is swamped with cheaters.

As this issue has arisen many times before, and been dealt with (though not as promptly as many would wish), the question rises again:

Why does this keep happening? Why isn't the issue being studied, resolved, and removed forever? Now I know some of you will be saying things like:

"Well its EA, wtf do you expect?"

Stop and think for a second. DICE is the one who made this game, not EA. EA is the PUBLISHER.
Well, isn't the EULA still run through EA? They made the contract, they still have to support it, weather the do it themselves, or bust DICE's ass to do it

SplinterStrike wrote:

Then some more of you might say: "It's an old game, why should they care about it?" Games like DoD and CS:S are STILL being babysat by their respective creators! Why the hell not for BF2?
Did DICE/EA make DoD, or Counter Strike? I think not. A better analogy would be
"It's an old game, why should they care about it?" Games like BF 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam are STILL being babysat by their respective creators!
opps, but they're not, since it's EA.

SplinterStrike wrote:

As things goes, probably nothing will happen on this particular front. But, as a frustrated gamer, I'd like to hear what more of you (hopefully mature) gamers have to say.
okay, here's my opinon:
I don't care about stats. I just like to play with friends, and if people need to boost an epeen with some silly pixles on a website, fine by me.
EE (hats
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6294|The | Netherlands
wat
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5991|The Mitten

3lmo wrote:

wat
r u srs?
EE (hats
Cyrax-Sektor
Official Battlefield fanboy
+240|6140|San Antonio, Texas
As long as these tards flaunt off their stats, admins will see false four stars, and they've been banned on some servers I've played on. As usual, before being banished, they yelled 'noooooooo' via all chat.

Hack will out.

Feel sorry for the guys that do have to fix it though. chuy and the BF2s team, I hope, aren't being swamped down.
Schittloaf
not fulla schit
+23|5894|MN
lol @ leaderboard pwned.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6632|Your moms bedroom
did you get knocked out of the top ten?
HSG
+23|6465|British Columbia, Canada

jord wrote:

Lols leaderboards.

With that aside, I like it. I bet that Huellia is crying right now and everytime it happens.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon
i wonder whats going to happen when they actually stop supporting this game?
will there be THOUSANDS of threads to the ring of: "OMG EA is teh SUX!!11!!!!11!!"

its THREE FUCKING YEARS OLD.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6514
in the words of tyler from point break, "who caaares!"
jord

Parker wrote:

will there be THOUSANDS of threads to the ring of: "OMG EA is teh SUX!!11!!!!11!!"

You haven't heard of the super X-ecret X contract?

X stands for 10- years. You have to support any game you make for 10 years. OR PEOPLE GET TO MOAN ....

More than usual.

Last edited by jord (2008-03-17 13:22:48)

I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6124|Scotland!

Parker wrote:

And? they can stop supporting the game when people stop paying for servers. Just because you got bored of the game years ago doesn't make it alright for stats to stop being supported. It's bad enough they still sell the game when it's horribly unbalanced and bugged.

I expect stats to at least last until bf3 comes out.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6386|The Gem Saloon

I'm Jamesey wrote:

Parker wrote:

And? they can stop supporting the game when people stop paying for servers. Just because you got bored of the game years ago doesn't make it alright for stats to stop being supported. It's bad enough they still sell the game when it's horribly unbalanced and bugged.

I expect stats to at least last until bf3 comes out.
no, but i would expect people to get over it a little bit after three years.
what has been a constant in BF2? unreliability......three years and you still dont understand this?

you expect stats to last until BF3, yet you admit that its horribly unbalanced and bugged?
well, heres hoping they last for that long....i wouldnt want anyone to lose out on such awesome game play.....eeerrrrr, stats.
smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5923|Georgia, US of A
EA only care about making money, they have us all hooked on the bf series enough that enough of us will all buy bf3, they will make more money and then stop caring about bf3
jord

smartdude992 wrote:

EA only care about making money, they have us all hooked on the bf series enough that enough of us will all buy bf3, they will make more money and then stop caring about bf3
Being a company they generally do aim to make money...
Nakamp
+25|6186|Czech Republic
They should shut stats down, because it ruins battlefield...
jord

Nakamp wrote:

20 players total would have ruined battlefield.
smartdude992
Keep your head down, smart's got a gun
+30|5923|Georgia, US of A

Nakamp wrote:

stats is what makes it fun when you're playing with or against people you don't like, or when you get really good, its what keeps you focused
Adamshannon8
+94|6176

Schittloaf wrote:

lol @ leaderboard pwned.
[paris hilton voice] i know, omg, it never happens, omg!!![/paris hilton voice]

Who cares, its the fat bums who h4x0r!!! t3h int3rnet leader boards.

Lets all clap for the internet fags!!!

w/e, good that no one clapped

Last edited by Adamshannon8 (2008-03-17 17:35:08)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard