You can now watch youtube movies with higher quality on youtube

With just a simple code in the url.

Look at the images under

Low Quality
https://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1852/lowai6.jpg

Higher Quality
https://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7266/highwr7.jpg

(This is not photoshoped!)

(Video for the images above: http://youtube.com/watch?v=j_GK-9O8glU&fmt=18 )

So you can simply add this to the youtube url:   &fmt=18
And you can watch videos with a bit higher quality

I don't thing emded video works
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

Sweet.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6656

I uploaded a video that was 900 MB and it was worse quality than some 30 to 100 MB videos I have on there I even did the same resolution as those others... Codec problem? (I tried using DivX codec and it kept crashing Premiere, so I had to stick with the default Cinepak).
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6199|Winland

mtb0minime wrote:

I uploaded a video that was 900 MB and it was worse quality than some 30 to 100 MB videos I have on there I even did the same resolution as those others... Codec problem? (I tried using DivX codec and it kept crashing Premiere, so I had to stick with the default Cinepak).
YouTube converts all videos to .flv. .flv can't carry much.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5933|Somewhere out in Space

Freezer7Pro wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

YouTube converts all videos to .flv. .flv can't carry much.
They still look/sound good on a 5th gen ipod video.

Last edited by N00bkilla55404 (2008-03-17 07:27:19)

Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|5985|Halifax, West Yorkshire
Still shit quality but you gotta love PoopTube.
assau1t
+12|6705|sector a-35
Cool, i just checked it out, it works!! Thx!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England
There's a link under some videos that allow you to change the quality, you don't need to do that extension because the link does it for you. I guess it's a new feature or someshit

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-17 07:46:26)

Ollie
Formerly known as Larkin
+215|5985|Halifax, West Yorkshire

Mek-Izzle wrote:

There's a link under some videos that allow you to change the quality, you don't need to do that extension because the link does it for you. I guess it's a new feature or someshit
O rly?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard