jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
Who would win?

Using only infantry weapons with no air support or artillery.

In an area the size of Burma. No defensive interests. The only mission is to kill each other.

They both have unlimited ammo.

Neither have night/thermal vision. Just sniper scopes and binoculars.

Go.
r00ts
xD
+81|6538|Netherlands
wut?
300 spartan soldiers is my vote
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5957|Washington DC
Marines
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
Burmese military would be like "wtf u doin here gtfo"

US Marines would be like

SAS would be like

Burmese Military would be like "srsly u guise"

China invades and annexes Burma, Devon declares war against Bolivia. The world is destroyed.
kptk92
u
+972|6404|tc_london
SAS ftw
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6571
I would like to say SAS, but it seems unlikely.
kptk92
u
+972|6404|tc_london

daffytag wrote:

jord

daffytag wrote:

In Guerilla Jungle warfare, numbers count for nothing.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6557|Southampton, UK

SAS.

Undoubtidly.

The US Marines would kill each other over the last donut.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5995|...
Sorry to dissapoint you but SAS is overrated. The marines are an incredibly strong fighting force, and no 100 man special forces group in the world would be able to stand a chance, if it's jungle warfare I guess they're just going to mow the trees down with 25mm rounds at the start, also spraying fire in a direction where you think enemy forces are is pretty succesfull in wooded areas.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-03-16 07:26:54)

inane little opines
syndicat111
+39|6674|UK

dayarath wrote:

Sorry to dissapoint you but SAS is overrated. The marines are an incredibly strong fighting force, and no 100 man special forces group in the world would be able to stand a chance, if it's jungle warfare I guess they're just going to mow the trees down with 25mm rounds at the start, also 'spraying fire' in a direction where you think enemy forces are is pretty succesfull in wooded areas.
On what basis are they overrated?
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5957|Washington DC
Yeah. If it was the entire Marines moving around, then the SAS would be spotted out pretty quickly
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6617|London, England
Why are we discussing shit like this as if we know what we're talking about.
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6557|Southampton, UK

dayarath wrote:

Sorry to dissapoint you but SAS is overrated. The marines are an incredibly strong fighting force, and no 100 man special forces group in the world would be able to stand a chance, if it's jungle warfare I guess they're just going to mow the trees down with 25mm rounds at the start, also spraying fire in a direction where you think enemy forces are is pretty succesfull in wooded areas.
Get
The
Fuck
Out.

Go read Bravo Two Zero and do some research.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5995|...

syndicat111 wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Sorry to dissapoint you but SAS is overrated. The marines are an incredibly strong fighting force, and no 100 man special forces group in the world would be able to stand a chance, if it's jungle warfare I guess they're just going to mow the trees down with 25mm rounds at the start, also 'spraying fire' in a direction where you think enemy forces are is pretty succesfull in wooded areas.
On what basis are they overrated?
extreme media attention // lots of info about them.

I will bet my ass on it that the special forces in europe and america are all about equal.
inane little opines
kptk92
u
+972|6404|tc_london
I think I would win out of the lot of them, seeing as the SAS employed me, and I said "dun wry guise taek a braek" so they did and I just picked them all off using my leet sniper rifle
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5957|Washington DC

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Why are we discussing shit like this as if we know what we're talking about.
You don't need to be a General in the military to have common sense.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6464

dayarath wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Spetsnaz could do it with backflipping hatchet attack.

https://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/lulzhax/Spetsnaz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5995|...

naightknifar wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Get
The
Fuck
Out.

Go read Bravo Two Zero and do some research.
You know there's a book about a fellow SAS guy who was at the briefing when the boys of Bravo Two Zero came back, I read it - and I read his book aswell, he went back in their trails and nowhere did they find any information of them single handedly taking out armor convoys and the occasional unlucky sentry.

Also, Mcnab's leadership wasn't very succesfull.

Last edited by dayarath (2008-03-16 07:30:31)

inane little opines
jord

dayarath wrote:

What infantry weapon fires 25mm rounds?

SAS overrated my ass. In Sierra Leone they killed 40+ enemies and lost just 1 man. In the Iranian embassy siege they killed 5 captured 1 and lost no men. That's just 2 operations.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6449|The Twilight Zone

naightknifar wrote:

SAS.

Undoubtidly.

The US Marines would kill each other over the last donut.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5957|Washington DC

jord wrote:

dayarath wrote:

SAS overrated my ass. In Sierra Leone they killed 40+ enemies and lost just 1 man. In the Iranian embassy siege they killed 5 captured 1 and lost no men. That's just 2 operations.
Barrett XM109 does

And dude, it'd be like Operation Gothic Serpent. Army Rangers and Delta Force (very well trained) versus a shitload of Somalis. The Somalis lost way more men but still ended up killing 17 Army soldiers, and forced a retreat. And these guys had Blackhawks, Littlebirds etc.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5995|...

jord wrote:

dayarath wrote:

only infantry eh?

well there's a 25mm sniper rifle, but not a machinegun variant for infantry, bleh.

50 cal machine guns will have to do it then.

mortar teams might work aswell
inane little opines
jord

HurricaИe wrote:

jord wrote:

dayarath wrote:

Barrett XM109 does

And dude, it'd be like Operation Gothic Serpent. Army Rangers and Delta Force (very well trained) versus a shitload of Somalis. The Somalis lost way more men but still ended up killing 17 Army soldiers, and forced a retreat. And these guys had Blackhawks, Littlebirds etc.
There was a mission.

In my hypothetical scenario, there is no mission but to eliminate the enemy.
firebolt5
+114|6151
Seeing how in Call of Duty 4, your small SAS team killed a whole bunch of...  Wait, nevermind

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard