millmax
Wanna fly over Oslo? PM me!
+18|6535|Norway
Yep, in Norway we've got them all over.  Photoboxes we call them.  Automated speeding ticket machines.
You are driving along minding your own business, and forgetting to look out for them.  Then BANG! Big red flash fills your quiet night.
Congratulation! You've just been ripped $1000.  How are you gonna pay the fine that is automatically beeing sent to your house?
How fast were you going? In Norway, 16 km/h (8 mph) over the limit costs you $ 550, 21 km/h (11 mph) costs more than  $ 1200.  Hell, speeding is a more efficient way of loosing money than burning down your house.
I hate these goddamn machines!

https://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/archive/00194/ATK__fotoboks__tunn_194064c.jpg
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6450|The Twilight Zone
Fuck me! These are huge fines.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6735|The Hague, Netherlands

1200 dollars?

we got them all over also, also some 5km check, you get scanned (for example) here when you leave The Hague and get scanned again after 5km, you were too fast over that 5km = ticket (even as little as 4km too fast)....

and we got speed cameras like there is no tomorrow/traffic light cameras/ cops with lasers, hell they even got me once when they were hiding it in a freaking licence plate! (the camera that is)

isn't that expensive over here tho.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6651

But think about the good things. I bet traffic isn't that bad and I bet there aren't as many car accidents.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6735|The Hague, Netherlands

mtb0minime wrote:

But think about the good things. I bet traffic isn't that bad and I bet there aren't as many car accidents.
first driving 80km/h and then braking fast to 50km/h because of a camera with traffic behind you isn't save either.

which 95% does.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6411|Finland

I hate these! Thankfully only the biggest roads have those cameras.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6644|I smell corners
we don't have any speeding cameras in Luxembourg, an we have less than 60 deadly accidents a year.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

also some 5km check, you get scanned (for example) here when you leave The Hague and get scanned again after 5km, you were too fast over that 5km = ticket (even as little as 4km too fast)....
IIRC, section control has been declared illegal here in Austria as it violates privacy because personal data (the number on the license plate) is stored for too long until you pass the second checkpoint (too long = not in RAM only).
millmax
+18|6535|Norway
Finally som justice.  Photobox blown to pieces.
The detonation was so powerful that the windows in the nearby houses were blown out, and pieces of the photobox fell into nearby yards and houseroofs.  A factory located 100 meters (300 feet) away also had all its windows blown.
I bet he recieved points for destroying a strategic object!
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6682|Espoo, Finland
Don't speed.
Why do you think the cameras are there?

If you were driving by the speed limits (and not 10 over like most, including me do) you wouldn't go 11km/h over for not paying attention.
If you want to drive on the edge of the limits, then it's your own fault if you can't keep the speed under control.

And don't give me the excuse that you have to brake hard when speed limits change from 80 to 50 for example. I'm sure you have no trouble accelerating well before a 80 sign if you were going 50km/h.

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

first driving 80km/h and then braking fast to 50km/h because of a camera with traffic behind you isn't save either.

which 95% does.

So the solution is to get rid of speed limits and cameras?

Last edited by Gawwad (2008-03-14 03:31:48)

Gamematt
Stocking ur medpacks
+135|6659|Groningen, The Netherlands
Get yourself a helicopter

s*cks the fines are that high man
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6644|I smell corners
that's the solution drive faster guys

Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6391|Belgium

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

1200 dollars?

we got them all over also, also some 5km check, you get scanned (for example) here when you leave The Hague and get scanned again after 5km, you were too fast over that 5km = ticket (even as little as 4km too fast)....

and we got speed cameras like there is no tomorrow/traffic light cameras/ cops with lasers, hell they even got me once when they were hiding it in a freaking licence plate! (the camera that is)

isn't that expensive over here tho.
you are talking about the a13 and the a20 right? those camera's are set to start flashing from 89 km/h average. But thank god speeding tickets aren't that expensive in holland. I only get parkigtickets :S
millmax
+18|6535|Norway

Gawwad wrote:

Don't speed.
If you were driving by the speed limits (and not 10 over like most, including me do) you wouldn't go 11km/h over for not paying attention.
If you want to drive on the edge of the limits, then it's your own fault if you can't keep the speed under control.

Here are the fines:
1-5 km/h: $117
6-10 km/h : $312
11-15 km/h: $566
16-20 km/h: $820
21-25 km/h: $1270

"Not over 10 (km/h)", and you will be awarded a $312 fine.
"Not over 10 (mph)", and you will be awarded a $820 fine.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6682|Espoo, Finland

millmax wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

Don't speed.

Here are the fines:
1-5 km/h: $117
6-10 km/h : $312
11-15 km/h: $566
16-20 km/h: $820
21-25 km/h: $1270

"Not over 10 (km/h)", and you will be awarded a $312 fine.
"Not over 10 (mph)", and you will be awarded a $820 fine.
Seriously? You get fines for goind 1-5km/h over the limit?
Ok, I can see where you're coming from then. Here in Finland you get really high fines for speeding too, but you need to go 10km/h over the limit.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6470|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Gawwad wrote:

Don't speed.
WHAT ?!?!!? Why????
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
1-5 km/h gets you a fine? Most police officers at least give you tha buffer zone for a speed limit between you actually speeding and taking the time to pull you over FFS.
millmax
+18|6535|Norway

DesertFox- wrote:

1-5 km/h gets you a fine? Most police officers at least give you tha buffer zone for a speed limit between you actually speeding and taking the time to pull you over FFS.
Photoboxes are not police officers.  They are fully automated funding machines for the government.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6575|Columbus, OH
Run those speed cameras over. Some states  in the U.S. are starting to use them.
The#1Spot
+105|6537|byah
In the US (not sure if it works) theres as seen on tv ad where a product you spray on your license plate will reflect the light so the camera sees it as  the flash it made. The spray on finish is also clear so not cop suspicions.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6618|London, England
Over here, the law requires them to be clearly visible aswell as have lines on the road as to where it is "monitoring" the road. Basically, you just have to learn where the cameras are. Don't be a noob. There is a time and place for everything.
HudsonFalcon
+20|5928|New York
Those are some hefty fines.
PRLR
+5|5995|Northern Sweden
In sweden you just have to turn away your face and tell the police it wasnt you that drived the car. If you do that you wont get a ticket. Atleast the rumor says
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6682|Espoo, Finland

PRLR wrote:

In sweden you just have to turn away your face and tell the police it wasnt you that drived the car. If you do that you wont get a ticket. Atleast the rumor says
If you do that, they'll just send the ticket to the owner of the car.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard