HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5969|Washington DC
I just don't understand it. I can sort of understand not swearing in public, I can understand not having sex in public. But wearing a hat inside? Who the hell made up that bullshit "rule"?

It seems like one of those decrees a King made one day, and it never died off. I asked my friend why people ask you to take off your hat and he's like "It's disrespectful." I wanted to flip out and say "WHY THE FUCK SO" but I kept my cool.

I don't even care about wearing a hat. If I had cash to burn I'd just get my hair cut every month or so (my hair grows obscenely fast). I wear a hat for convenience mostly... just pop it on, don't worry about how your hair looks. Now I think I'll wear it in defiance, just to spite people who think it's disrespectful when it's not.
Volatile
+252|6712|Sextupling in Empire

A hat can hide your face = disrespectful?

That's all I can think of.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5972|London, England

Be a rebel they cant make you remove your hat
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6698|Devon, England
It supposedly hides your face or some shit...

We hav the "rule" in my school, but sixth form owns, so we wear hats if we want to.

If we get told to take it off, we do.

Then put it back on when they're gone
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6576|Mountains of NC

in the military you have to take your cover off when entering a building

now ... when I'm in civies, off base, my cap stays on .............. I always have a cap on
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5969|Washington DC

FFLink13 wrote:

We hav the "rule" in my school, but sixth form owns, so we wear hats if we want to.

My teachers don't give a shit if I wear a cap in class. It's usually when we have assembly or the like that the administrators are like "take off your hat"

I mean hell, I can even see taking it off briefly for the national anthem. But taking it off just because there's a roof over my head?

@SERE, in the military I'd have a crew cut all the time so I wouldn't mind so much.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-13 16:35:17)

daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6583

FFLink13 wrote:

Oh aren't you the cheeky devil!
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6645|Amsterdam, NY

HurricaИe wrote:

I just don't understand it. I can sort of understand not swearing in public, I can understand not having sex in public. But wearing a hat inside? Who the hell made up that bullshit "rule"?

It seems like one of those decrees a King made one day, and it never died off. I asked my friend why people ask you to take off your hat and he's like "It's disrespectful." I wanted to flip out and say "WHY THE FUCK SO" but I kept my cool.

I don't even care about wearing a hat. If I had cash to burn I'd just get my hair cut every month or so (my hair grows obscenely fast). I wear a hat for convenience mostly... just pop it on, don't worry about how your hair looks. Now I think I'll wear it in defiance, just to spite people who think it's disrespectful when it's not.
I dont get it my self whats so disrespectful about head gear
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6716|th3 unkn0wn
Come on Hurricat, let's see a photo of you wearing your cowboy hat
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5969|Washington DC

{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy wrote:

Come on Hurricat, let's see a photo of you wearing your cowboy hat
the best I can do for ya is a red camo boonie hat and a sombrero, and of course my cap
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6429|California, US
meh, who invented religion?
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6663|UK
there is a shop up the road that you are not allowed to wear any head gear in, due to CHAVS stealing and they cant get the face on CCTV, anyway im not a chav, and i went into the shop one early evening with my hood up and a scarf around my face, it was -10 almost outside and i was just coming back from walking my dog, anyways i picked a few goods and went to the counter to pay for them, only to be refused service because they could not see my face, i was disgusted and refused, so they called the police LMFAO, the police came and made them serve me as i was not actually breaking any laws.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6533|South Florida

HurricaИe wrote:

FFLink13 wrote:

My teachers don't give a shit if I wear a cap in class. It's usually when we have assembly or the like that the administrators are like "take off your hat"

I mean hell, I can even see taking it off briefly for the national anthem. But taking it off just because there's a roof over my head?

@SERE, in the military I'd have a crew cut all the time so I wouldn't mind so much.
Our teachers always told us we couldn't wear a hat because we might hide a gun/knife under it.

Come to think about it, i could've just put it in my pocket....
15 more years! 15 more years!
BRiiNDED
+137|6132
ive always wondered this, even though i dont wear a hat :S
r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6603|Michigan, USA
I think its to do with the orginal function of a hat, to protect your head.  Meaning, before it was a fashion statement.  I suppose it would be the same as if you invite a friend over and he keeps his coat on the entire time, gives the sense they dont want to be there and wish to leave, so its disrepectable.
cablecopulate
+449|6745|Massachusetts.
An even stupider "rule" is not putting your elbows on the table.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5969|Washington DC

r2zoo wrote:

I think its to do with the orginal function of a hat, to protect your head.  Meaning, before it was a fashion statement.  I suppose it would be the same as if you invite a friend over and he keeps his coat on the entire time, gives the sense they dont want to be there and wish to leave, so its disrepectable.
Why don't people get with the damned times then? "Back then" women couldn't vote, I don't see people bitching about that. "Back then" blacks and whites couldn't shit in the same bathrooms.

@Cable, agreed.

Last edited by HurricaИe (2008-03-13 16:46:05)

iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6553
https://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/20051006/images/news_splash.gif
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5969|Washington DC
So nobody has an idea? Maybe that says something about how antiquated this "rule" is.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6647|Your moms bedroom
walk into the officers club wearing a hat...

then you get to buy everyone in the bar a drink, or you can gtfo
avman633
+116|6372
I have no idea. If you want to wear a hat around me, I have no preference. It's probably some really old "rule" that is still present in today's society
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5969|Washington DC

Locoloki wrote:

huh
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6775|Tenn
it basically stems for old days. you tip ur hat to say 'hello/goodbye' but if you keep it on its kinda like leaving your coat on. it sends a sign that you are planning to leave.

A hat is meant to be functional(despite popular belief). therefore you dont need it inside(to protect sunlight to eyes, or wind/rain)
iNeedUrFace4Soup
fuck it
+348|6553

wikipedia wrote:

Headgear etiquette

In the Western culture derived from Christian tradition, removing one's headgear is a sign of respect, making oneself more open, humble or vulnerable, much like bowing or kneeling. This is as if to say, "I acknowledge that you are more powerful than I am, I make myself vulnerable to show I pose no threat to you and respect you."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headgear
https://i.imgur.com/jM2Yp.gif
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6647|Your moms bedroom

HurricaИe wrote:

Locoloki wrote:

huh
the officers club is a bar on a naval base where only officers go to drink, if someone walks in wearing a hat (cause like you said, disrespectful), that person buys drinks around the house, i guess merchant marines do it to, but ive only been to one bar that did that and it was in Gitmo, if someone told me i had to buy drinks round the house i would tell them to fuck off

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard