benne
+0|6837|Minnesota
Does anyone have the Expert Engineer badge?  It seems kind of impossible to get...
You need : IAR: 25 Repair points
250 repairs
100h Total time played while Engineer

Also same with the Explosive Ordinance badge, which you need:
IAR: 37 Kills with any combination of C4/Claymore/AT-Mine
300 kills with explosives (C4/claymore/AT-mine)

If you do, Reply, You deserve some major credit.
slidero
Yes... both of them.  I got expert repair by playing MEC in a near-empty 64 kubra dam.  The enemy F-15 bombed the crap out of the arty a lot so I just kept repairing it.

Expert explosives was similar, just in a nearly empty 64p karkand.  For the first few I just C4 tossed around the hotel and got around 20 kills that way but when most of the flags were capped I loaded up a humvee with c4 and rammed it into anything
pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6730|cairns australia
me 2 got expert as us on zatar.it is a bit of tough one though need to basically be repairing most of the time.not got basic explosives though. have earnt it three times on ranked servers(have s\s)and not been awarded it in stats.good job getting expert expl. slidero
maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6774
that expert repair badge looks like a pain the head(veteran gave me one), i just have 45 hours as ingeneer, maybe i'll improve in the repairing skills,
explosives got it SF in devil's perch (i had a lucky day)
YitEarp
+1|6721
expert engineer wasnt too hard, i was on a team getting owned by the chinese on wake island.  enemies kept landing/dropping onto arty island and blowing arty.  i took the opportunity to repair like a lemming hehe.

explosives isnt too hard on a low population(out of the player cap on that server) city map, just jihad jeep like a crazy bastard.  or camp near a flag on a high pop server with the flag wired.
Ayumiz
J-10 whore
+103|6729|Singapore

benne wrote:

Does anyone have the Expert Engineer badge?  It seems kind of impossible to get...
250 repairs

Impossible my ass:P I just got my expert explosives 2 days ago:P
SodaBob
+-1|6839|Indiana, US
Hey, YitEarp, I remember playing on some servers with you quite awhile ago.

Those awards are difficult, but check this out.  As I mentioned in the "prove ubar wrong" thread....

I was looking at the requirements for the new Special Forces "special service" medals (the Navy Seal Special Service Medal, for example) and was totally floored at the requirements for each of these.  For those of you who haven't looked, to get a "special service" medal, you must play in that team, or army, for 4,500 hours - for each team's medal!!!

Now, this seemed rediculous to me, so I did some simple analysis on this requirement just to gain some perspective.

Let's consider someone who has absolutely no life, is independently wealthy and can play for 40 hours a week, with play always devoted to a single team (Seals only, for example).  So, we divide the 4500 hour requirement by 40 hours per week, and we get 112.5 weeks.  This means that it would take even some total loser making it his full time job to play as a Seal for 112.5 weeks, or 2.2 YEARS, to earn this one badge.  Rinse and repeat for the other 5 "special service" badges.

Are there going to be anyone even playing BF2 two years from now, let alone anyone playing exclusively a single team full time for that period.  I really hope they meant to make it 450 hours, and that some coder at EA/DICE just made a very bad typo; as it stands, these badges are a joke.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6820|St. Louis, MO
I have the expert repair as well as expert engineer combat badge.The repiar badge was a bitch.Had to play on a 64 player size map and got it like 30 sec before the round ended.Probably the only expert badges I'll have for a while.
YitEarp
+1|6721
RE: SF Medals

im assuming they will patch and change the requirements, since they did that when the BF2 regular ones had those same outrageous reqs.  tho why they didnt make that change before shipping instead of leaving those in place after they recognized the BF2 regular ones were so obscene as well.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6701|Antarctica
I've got both, the C4 I did chopper bombing as MEC and repair I got on wake Island.  I came up with a strat on wake for it, get a humvee/chinese car, drive to the front lines and get in the back.  All the n00b t00bers and M16 noobs would keep shooting the car and I got about 15 of the points that way.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6820|St. Louis, MO

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

I've got both, the C4 I did chopper bombing as MEC and repair I got on wake Island.  I came up with a strat on wake for it, get a humvee/chinese car, drive to the front lines and get in the back.  All the n00b t00bers and M16 noobs would keep shooting the car and I got about 15 of the points that way.
Wow, you must love this game on a whole different level.Nice tactic with the chopper though.Gonna have to try that.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6684
I cant even get my basic Enginer badge lol theres nothing to repair ever the explosives isnt hard to really rack up the points play on a 64 player karkland and plant claymores in that square part by the hotel and watch em rack in.

I killed 4 ppl at the same time stupid mec's
Speelbal
+146|6748|Netherlands
Expert explosives seems impossbile to me. I don't know how, but I got 41, 39, 37 kills with c4 and I didn't get the frickin badge. Guess it where other kills, but I can hardly imagine it. Well, off to get that badge.
-|V2^Fraggus
+0|6703|Belgium

Speelbal wrote:

Expert explosives seems impossbile to me. I don't know how, but I got 41, 39, 37 kills with c4 and I didn't get the frickin badge. Guess it where other kills, but I can hardly imagine it. Well, off to get that badge.
time baby time ... did you already have enough hours played  ???
TehMyke
8======D
+343|6705

benne wrote:

250 repairs

I have expert Explosive Ordinance, and have gotten well over 25 repair points in a round before.. I just don't have 100 hours eng or i'd have it.
» You guys are all old and wrinkly now, GG... | Steam | teHmyke.com | YouTube
[Valhalla]iMac_Attack
+2|6756|Houston, Texas

benne wrote:

250 repairs

sitting in a jeep vodnik seems to be the easiest way, got my basic, vet that way and wasn't even trying the expert well that is another story.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6736|England
that is one BIG fucking sig!
armin
+0|6752| Bosnia & Herzegovina
how about the 4,500 h. of play needed to get a medal in SF?
LivelyToaster
+60|6716|Sacto, CA
Wow iMac that's a pretty cool sig, how'd you get the picture of the uniform on there like that.
morbesso666
+0|6760|Givataim, Israel

VeNg3nCe^ wrote:

the C4 u did chopper bombing as MEC?
I really didn't understand what u wrote here please explain
elite
+89|6710|Sheffield, England
i got my expert on a 16 player server 32 map, i got a cobra chopper and just did it that way lol, weird i know
HAHA vengence dont lie, i was there when you getting your repair badge, you went into the water under the bridge u lieing twat, there where 2 jeeps, with nexar nastie_butler veng3nce and ark angel i think.
TC><Injecter
+4|6824|Berlin, Germany
He was sitting in the back of it and tossing c4 out...
elite
+89|6710|Sheffield, England
what do you know
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6762|Arizona
I got my Expert C4 badge on a 20 person Sharqi Pen game.  Was set up to be a 64 person game.  Was workin for it for around 2 1/2 months, always gettin close then failing in the last tickets.  Funny thing is, when I finally got it, there was still 140-150 tickets left...  It'll come when you least expect it (well, you gotta kinda expect it if you are actually goin for it...dam, you know what I mean).
[VS-UK]MrFarmer
RoadKill
+1|6725|Eindhoven, Netherlands
Expert explosives aint impossible.

I went on BF2;SF yesterday and played surge, about 25 ppl playing on 64 man server.

I whas goin for my Veteran Explosives badge, so 23 c4kills to go, about half way down the tickets i had the badge and just wanted to see how many kills i could get with c4 that round, at the end i had 43 c4 kills. BAD thing is i didnt have 300+ kills with explosives so no expert badge for me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard