cablecopulate
+449|6729|Massachusetts.
It's not the worst map in the game. It can be fun. However, it is incredibly bland and way too monotone for me. Most of the Tampa servers I've been on lately have little to no teamwork. If we're in a tank fight, and I roll up next to you, it's not so my tank can buttsex yours, it's so we can repair and fight long. Don't fucking roll away.

Anyway, though. The map isn't too bad, and I thought high scores were going to be hard to get, but I generally score between 70 and 100+ whenever I play if I play the entire round. I have noticed nobody uses voip and goddamn there's a lot of Europeans that love the map. Over half the people playing at any given time have high pings and foreign country tags in their name.

For the record, Songhua is the worst map in the game.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
I'd say Taraba Quarry is. 2 bombers, 2 jets and no cover = suck map.

Not only that but it's a horrible muddy colour and there's nothing interesting on the map anywhere.

But then, i have very little experience with the map so what do I know.
cablecopulate
+449|6729|Massachusetts.
Taraba is saved by it's awesome AND I MEAN AWESOME!!! 16 player sized version.
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6280|Pacific NW, USA

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Not only that but it's a horrible muddy colour and there's nothing interesting on the map anywhere.
Agree.

If the other team has a good bombing squad you'll never make it over the river to the opposing side.

Hwy Tampa is engineer's paradise....probably my second favorite map, after Wake.
Longbow
+163|6638|Odessa, Ukraine

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

But then, i have very little experience with the map so what do I know.
Taraba is fun, if you are inside of bomber cockpit
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6319

cablecopulate wrote:

Taraba is saved by it's awesome AND I MEAN AWESOME!!! 16 player sized version.
Ya, that really is a lot of fun! Had great times on the U.S server with small EF maps. Did EF come out before AF? If it did I bet Taraba was the launching pad for the idea to make AF after they realized how fun CQC tank battles could be
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
cablecopulate
+449|6729|Massachusetts.
They were both planned at around the same time, EF was first but AF was soon afterwards. They were both being advertised before either came out.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6826|Kubra, Damn it!

Tampa's okay. I think Songhua and Zatar are running neck & neck for worst map in the game.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6281|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

chittydog wrote:

Tampa's okay. I think Songhua and Zatar are running neck & neck for worst map in the game.
Zatar is worse than Songhua, much too monotone. At least Songhua has hills n' shit. Of course, it'd probably be better if the Blackhawk was anywhere near its former standards.

EDIT:

me in some other thread wrote:

I've gotta go with Zatar. It's too big and bland for my liking.

Ocean, ocean, Essex(!), ocean, grass, airfield(!), grass, grass, river(!), grass, grass, crashed Blackhawk(!), grass, grass, hill with ruined house(!), grass, grass, river (!), grass, grass, farm(!), grass, grass, airfield(!)

That sums up the entire map.

Last edited by cowami (2008-03-10 17:26:42)

https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
geNius
..!.,
+144|6433|SoCal
I've seen you in there a few times.  I happen to like me some Tampa.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
cablecopulate
+449|6729|Massachusetts.

cowami wrote:

Zatar is worse than Songhua, much too monotone. At least Songhua has hills n' shit. Of course, it'd probably be better if the Blackhawk was anywhere near its former standards.
uh, I meant monotone in terms of color.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6281|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

cablecopulate wrote:

cowami wrote:

uh, I meant monotone in terms of color.
Well, even then, Zatar is just yellow-brownish.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
cablecopulate
+449|6729|Massachusetts.
Zatar has plenty of color. In Tampa, even the fucking buildings are that brown color.
MrAnderson
Ghost Town T90/Apache Whore
+99|5990|Aberdeen, Scotland
It's damn good for jetwhoring

So easy to rack up the cannon kills...and die very rarely...

Had a few good tank battles when it first came out, but can't be arsed with armour anymore tbh.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6469|Communist Republic of CA, USA

chittydog wrote:

Songhua is one of my favorite maps... Too bad no one plays it.
Hakei
Banned
+295|5986

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

chittydog wrote:

Songhua is one of my favorite maps... Too bad no one plays it.
I think it's a great map, only large scale map that doesn't have jets/attack choppers, I usually jump in the Bumblebee and rack up flag caps with a squad, very fun.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6672|Disaster Free Zone
Rape Island, Karkland and Jellybaby are the worst maps.
Longbow
+163|6638|Odessa, Ukraine

DrunkFace wrote:

Rape Island, Karkland and Jellybabyare the worst maps.
Fixed
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6726|DUTCH snap ik!
song is for me the worst map ever
i luv karkland & dragonvalley:P

Last edited by ThePriest1750 (2008-03-10 19:34:56)

CC-Marley
+407|6819
fushee is the worst
=6thAD=KJ43
+7|6181|Bay Area, CA
Love me some Songhua. When you play with a lot of people that know what to do it can be some crazy fun flag tag.

Tampa is a good map. Fun in a plane...dogfights are rare unless you have a commander thats on the ball enough to spot out the enemy jet because of the heavy fog (or sand I guess).

Even though it's one of the best looking maps I think Fushe is one of the worst personally. I still like it because I pretty much like all the maps, but if I had to pick one to be at the bottom of the list it would be that one.
cablecopulate
+449|6729|Massachusetts.
Fushe 32 is great, 64 is just too big. Actually it's not that it's too big, it's that (for me anyway) it's never full so it takes foreverrrr. I don't think I've ever played Fushe 64 with more than 20 or so players. It's definitely the prettiest map in the game.
MetaL*
Banned
+188|6148|Anaheim, Mexifornia
It's fun to blow up a boat full of people with a Eryx in Songhua.
aimless
+166|6116|Texas

cablecopulate wrote:

Fushe 32 is great, 64 is just too big. Actually it's not that it's too big, it's that (for me anyway) it's never full so it takes foreverrrr. I don't think I've ever played Fushe 64 with more than 20 or so players. It's definitely the prettiest map in the game.
It's the most interesting in jets too, theres always stuff to run into: hills, electricity towers, buildings, smoke stacks, trees, bridges if you are low enough, the list goes on.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6318|Australia

MetaL* wrote:

It's fun to blow up a boat full of people with an Eryx in Songhua.
Fixed for great justice.

Tampa is an awesome map for vehicle whoring. Unlike maps such as kubra/wake/etc, theres no one vehicle to dominate and everyone get a vehicle.

The worst map is wake IMO. It is designed for aircraft rapage, nothing more. Think about it: two attack helis and four jets can be airbourne at any one time. I know a map like Dragon valley can have 4 attack helis and 4 jets at a single time, but dragon valley has a massive area of land with smokestacks, oil tanks, trees, buildings and a whole plethora of cover from them. Wake is just a narrow strip of land with a few palm trees and buildings (which provide next to no cover), and no mobile AA whatsoever. 99% of matches are either J10s raping the carrier or USMC capping the airfield and using their 4 jets to buttsecks the chinese into oblivion.
I'm not entirely sure how I managed to rack up 50 hours on that godforsaken map, but I'm pretty sure if others in my clan weren't on the servers I'd have a fraction of the time I do now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard