DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6161|Vancouver | Canada
Does the AK register headshots?

This may sound stupid, but every time I shot at someone's head, it took 3-5 hits to kill him.

To make sure it wasn't my bad aim, I found someone prone on the ground, got close, and let it rip with my red dot right on the back of his head.
Same thing. 3-4 shots.

Anyone else get this, or am I going crazy?
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6773|Tenn
as far as ive seen u need to aim ur gun up a tad. relate ur RDS to the regualr iron sight and u will see what i mean
weasel_thingo
+74|6332
most guns dont headshot kill in one shot in CoD4
pretty sure the AK doesnt either

but im pretty sure it should only take 2 shots
DanyBoy
+6|5994|Western AU
it takes 3 headshots to kill someone with a G3
*=]AD[=*Pro_NL
+77|6634|The Netherlands
I guess its you server pick, take a server from you own country, all of this never happens to me and I always play Dutch servers
Mongoose
That 70's guy
+156|6536|Sydney, in 1978
Not just the AK, ive noticed it with my G36C and and my M4 as well.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6527
it means you're not spraying enough
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6815|NÃ¥rvei

DefCon-17 wrote:

Does the AK register headshots?

This may sound stupid, but every time I shot at someone's head, it took 3-5 hits to kill him.

To make sure it wasn't my bad aim, I found someone prone on the ground, got close, and let it rip with my red dot right on the back of his head.
Same thing. 3-4 shots.

Anyone else get this, or am I going crazy?
I have completed the headshot challenge for that weapon so it definately registrers, it's been awhile but with some of the weapons i think the hitbox is somewhat off ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6649
it means youre canadian

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-03-10 07:03:58)

Bernadictus
+1,055|6742

weasel_thingo wrote:

Lol. Crawl back under your rock. Stupid.
I can even bloody headshot with a single 92FS shot.
Swope
+55|6174|Germany

Bernadictus wrote:

weasel_thingo wrote:

Lol. Crawl back under your rock. Stupid.
I can even bloody headshot with a single 92FS shot.
On Hardcore

No srsly: If you look closely in a server config you find some interesting commands:

set scr_player_maxhealth "100"

It sets the player start health, on normal servers it's at 100, on hardcore it's at something like 60 or 30 don't know exactly.
So lets say a single headshot with an AK47 does 90 damage so you still have 10 health, if you shot once onto the body and the next hit goes into the head hitbox it registers as headshot. Stupid but true. That's why I still like CoD2: Headshot = Headshot even if it's with the loosie Luger pistol.

I think IW should fix that. I don't want to hear: "Play hardcore!" I don't play hardcore, nevar.
And in hardcore mode the weapons don't do more damage, you only have less health. Simple

- Swope

Last edited by Swope (2008-03-10 08:15:20)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6580|London
Headshot detection in cod4 is broken. For every gun
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6452|Chicago, IL

Aries_37 wrote:

Headshot detection in cod4 is broken. For every gun
never had an issue, it just isn't an instant kill for weaker guns
Bradt3hleader
Care [ ] - Don't care [x]
+121|5941
The reason it might take a few shots is because maybe you haven't all noticed but they are wearing "Bullet proof" combat helmets.

Also, depending on if it's HC or not, and if you have stopping power or not. You may or may not make a headie.

If you want headshots in normal mode then take the gun with stopping power. Also a big caliber rifle.

In HC any shot even from a pistol or a direct/indirect hit with smoke/frags/stun/flash bangs ect... will kill with one hit.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6650|Malibu

Bradt3hleader wrote:

The reason it might take a few shots is because maybe you haven't all noticed but they are wearing "Bullet proof" combat helmets.

Also, depending on if it's HC or not, and if you have stopping power or not. You may or may not make a headie.

If you want headshots in normal mode then take the gun with stopping power. Also a big caliber rifle.

In HC any shot even from a pistol or a direct/indirect hit with smoke/frags/stun/flash bangs ect... will kill with one hit.
Agreed. Also, There are differences between hit boxes and per-pixel hit detection, for those of you who do not know.

As Bradt3hleader mentioned, most weapons do not register full 100 damage to the health when it hits the head without the Stopping Power Perk, which increases the initial damage, not counting headshot modification, by around 40%. This will likely ensure a clean headshot in one hit with quite a lot of weapons, but not all.

Range is also a deciding factor in which every weapon, except Sniper Rifles have a damage decrease over a certain amount of distance. Hence, even if the weapon is capable of HS, if the distance is increased, the damage might not be sufficient to be able to take down a guy.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Hmm..I'll try it with Stopping Power.

Bradt3hleader wrote:

Those Spetnatz must have some pretty hardcore headwraps then.
firebolt5
+114|6160
Take off the silencer and red dot sight, they decrease the damage of the AK-47
Brasso
+1,549|6636

DanyBoy wrote:

it takes 3 headshots to kill someone with a G3
lol?!

one, two at MOST.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Lynx14
+41|5976
I heard red dot is bugged on the AK-47 same with the silencer. Not sure if this is true. But yea use stopping power.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
Red dot decreases damage?

..Does it decrease for all guns?
firebolt5
+114|6160

DefCon-17 wrote:

Red dot decreases damage?

..Does it decrease for all guns?
AK-47 with silencer or red dot sight decrease damage.
No, they don't decrease for all guns.
Hallvard
+262|6528|North Norway

Stopping Power ftw, use it on almost all my kits
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6452|Chicago, IL
Hardcore ftw, when I score a headshot with a sniper rifle, I expect you to die...
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6650|Malibu

S.Lythberg wrote:

Hardcore ftw, when I score a headshot with a sniper rifle, I expect you to die...
Any sniper rifle with a hit on anywhere on HC is a kill btw.
S.Lythberg
Mastermind
+429|6452|Chicago, IL

StormEye wrote:

S.Lythberg wrote:

Any sniper rifle with a hit on anywhere on HC is a kill btw.
I know, but people surviving a headshot from my M21 is annoying as all hell

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard