MonkezUncle
+3|5910
Quick question... I'm new to 2142 (old to BF2) and I am having a little issue with the ranks.  If I understand it correctly there is no time req for the ranks, just points.  Currently the BFHQ shows me having 380/330 points.  But it will not give me the rank (corporal) that comes with the 330 point mark.  I don't really care about the rank... I want the freakin unlock!  I have tried all the usual tricks (log in/out, restart, wait, etc) but it's been about 72 hours and I keep accruing points past the 330 mark with no rank award.  Help! 

P.S.  What is this veteran's program that I saw so many posts on?  thx! 

-MonkezUncle
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6720|Sweden
Get on a ranked server score 1 point and you should recieve your new rank, try another server if this does´nt help you. There´s severe problems at certain servers at times especially during weekends so don´t worry you´ll get it eventually.

Edit: The veterans program, i assume you mean the players who gets to have the 2 logo infront of their names pointing out they are "veterans" and played BF2. Everyone got it who preordered 2142 ( and reserved their nickname ) if i remember right.

Last edited by madmurre (2008-03-09 22:50:00)

MonkezUncle
+3|5910
Thx... but I am now having this problem on BF2 as well.  5160 points and I can not get the Staff Sgt rank.  Anyone know what to do now?  -MonkezUncle
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6353
It´s most likely because of the weekend.

But if you don´t want to wait any longer, try to login from another computer. So you know if theres a problem with your machine. Although I don´t think so.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
MonkezUncle
+3|5910
Thx for all that responded.  Issue had to do w/ punkbuster.  Once I updated... boom... got the rank and unlock in BF2 and 2142 as soon as I logged back in.  Thx guys!  -MonkezUncle
MonkezUncle
+3|5910
Sisco... I just read this on your sig..." jeeze i wish there was a way to kill people through the internet - psH " Freakin' hysterical.  I agree.  Maybe not kill but at least hit them w/ a nice elctro-shock.    -MonkezUncle
cospengle
+140|6497|Armidale, NSW, Australia

MonkezUncle wrote:

Thx for all that responded.  Issue had to do w/ punkbuster.  Once I updated... boom... got the rank and unlock in BF2 and 2142 as soon as I logged back in.  Thx guys!  -MonkezUncle
Well that's a new one - never heard of that before. But well done on your promotions and unlocks.

Has anyone else every heard of PB being the cause of this kind of problem? It would probably have solved a few past headaches if this were a known bug.

EDIT: Might have been a coincidence though...

Last edited by cospengle (2008-03-16 23:00:31)

MonkezUncle
+3|5910
Cos,

I'll give a little more info.  Yes, it was incredibly weird.  I sent an update to the folks at EA who were helping me troubleshoot the issue and they were fairly stumped.  Basically I was playing 2142 like normal.  I look at my pts and I am 30 pts over the next rank.  So, I go to unlock.  No unlock, no next rank.  So I do log out/log in thing.  Switch servers, etc.  No promotion.  So I figure what the heck... I'll keep playing the promo will catch up with me.  Well I got several hundred pts past the promo spot and then there was a map switch and boom, couldn't load the map.  It would get to the 50% mark and hang.  So I say screw this... I'll go back to BF2.  I start playing and before you know it I am 100 pts past the promotion mark.  No new rank, no new unlock.  Long story short I did everything... reload game, reload drivers, etc.  No success.  I updated punkbuster, it only showed an update for 2142 and then bang... all these promotions, awards and unlocks come rolling in.  My suggestion to EA was to make it an FAQ b/c I have a feeling (after reading all the different forum posts) that I am not the only one.  Very weird issue but hopefully it will help some people.  I'm just glad I did not loose all the unlocks...   EA's response was that there were "intermittent" rank issues with "select players".    Hope this helps someone else!  I guess we need to add "update Punkbuster" to the "When BF doesn't work" suggestions.  Thx Cos...!  -MonkezUncle
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6353

MonkezUncle wrote:

Sisco... I just read this on your sig..." jeeze i wish there was a way to kill people through the internet - psH " Freakin' hysterical.  I agree.  Maybe not kill but at least hit them w/ a nice elctro-shock.    -MonkezUncle
Agreed Would make the world a better place.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard