Daysniper
+42|6631
A couple days ago my machine glitched and Windows said that it was my graphics card's (a Radeon HD2600 Pro PCI-E) fault. Now all gradients are really choppy and not well blended (See picture). I have updated the driver at least twice, and it hasn't fixed it. There's nothing on the internets that I could find that says anyone else has this problem.

So again, I have a Radeon HD2600 Pro PCI-E graphics card and Windows XP with the BricoPack for Vista

Can you help me?

Here's a pic of the startup screen that shows all the problems:

https://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/daysniper/problemcardstartup.jpg
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6470|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
I would get a spare graphics card and pit it in, if it goes then your 2600 has broken.
theknuck
It's pronounced Knuck, like in Knuckle!!
+45|6608|balls
did you completely remove your old drivers first before installing the new one?  if not try it.  If not check your motherboards website and see if your bios is out of date.  i had to do that once when my gpu would crash to desktop often but i never had artifacts or image problems.
elbekko
Your lord and master
+36|6397|Leuven, Belgium
Clean out your fans.
Daysniper
+42|6631
1. Currently I do not have a spare card... it died too.

2. Yes, I did uninstall all ATi software (including drivers) before installing the new ones. I'll check the BIOS.

3. My fans are clean

Thanks for the help, but any more ideas?
Trigger_Happy_92
Uses the TV missle too much
+394|6646
Try disconnecting the card and running from the onboard graphics built into your motherboard (assuming you have one, which you should)

If all is well, your card might be faulty. RMA it.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6319|Orrstrayleea
I have the BricoPacks installed, and i get a similar effect, that same area goes a brownish black, not white though

I wouldnt say its your card, although its a weak card.

Its more than likely a combination of card over heating and a bad BricoPack effect.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6524|Belgium

could be your screen too (don't always believe what windows says).

Try another screen, is it the same?

If so, then try on board graphics if that's possible.

Else get a new graphics card I'm afraid (assuming you did a driver reinstall). Or you might try a rollback to a date before that happened, but doubt that will help.
GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5926|NY/CT
reinstall xp?

Last edited by GCFC (2008-03-09 17:07:45)

GCFC
Davide Santon
+45|5926|NY/CT
or the program u use to make it look like vista
prob just a graphic error there
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6629

GCFC wrote:

reinstall xp?
Ahh No, looks like a graphics problem. No need to reformat...
Daysniper
+42|6631
I don't have an onboard mb card, but I have tested it with another monitor and it works. So I guess it's either BricoPack or the card itself. Any ideas on how to uninstall BricoPack?
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6595|Cheshire. UK
I know you don't want to hear it...but I had a friend with exactly the same problem..... he had a faulty memory chip on the GFX card.... how long you had the card ...is it still warrantied..if so RMA ...
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|5995|The Mitten

Steel wrote:

I fixed all my Radeon problems with Nvidia

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z304 … nvidia.gif
Yet your avatar has the AMD logo.....
EE (hats
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6194|Winland

Morpheus1229 wrote:

Steel wrote:

Owned tbh.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Brasso
+1,549|6627

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Morpheus1229 wrote:

Steel wrote:

Owned tbh.
maybe he supports AMD CPUs but still buys Nvidia video cards?

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6194|Winland

haffeysucks wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Morpheus1229 wrote:

Owned tbh.

ATi = AMD.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
Defiance
+438|6667

Freezer7Pro wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

Owned tbh.

ATi = AMD.
No way in hell will a company merger kill the ATi/nVidia or AMD/Intel fights. This is the internet, and they are two entirely different things.
Freezer7Pro
+1,447|6194|Winland

Defiance wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

ATi = AMD.
No way in hell will a company merger kill the ATi/nVidia or AMD/Intel fights. This is the internet, and they are two entirely different things.
I know that, I'm no idiot. But with ATi being a part of AMD, having the AMD logo in your avatar and posting down ATi is kinda going against your image.
Brasso
+1,549|6627

Defiance wrote:

Freezer7Pro wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

ATi = AMD.
exactly.  there is still the video card research section of the comany, and the CPU research section.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6351|England - Kent
How did you're 2nd card die? was it in the same manner?
Daysniper
+42|6631
Well, my other card died long ago, that's why I replaced it with this one. It was in no way related to my problems now.

Thanks for the information, though. Looks like I'll have to upgrade!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard