Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
Because honestly, I don't get it.

I watch these 10-20page threads that crop up week in, week out with fascination. What drives you guys? What is there in this conflict that makes it so unique? Tbh to me it looks like two societies that have been chucked on top of each other who really don't like each other. Whether that was fair or not is moot.

What is the debate about?
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
Same, tbh they both suck ass.
cospengle
+140|6478|Armidale, NSW, Australia

Spark wrote:

Tbh to me it looks like two societies that have been chucked on top of each other who really don't like each other.
I thought it was quite the opposite. Aren't the two groups from the same tribe originally?

Last edited by cospengle (2008-03-07 20:22:02)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Why do you care so much about Israel/Palestine?

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/nuke.gif
Easy question.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2008-03-07 20:29:03)

Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
Well, I'm jewish, so it naturally comes to me to care about Israel.
Spark
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

Poseidon wrote:

Oh k...

I really don't get that but oh well.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6520|Global Command

Spark wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Oh k...

Then you never will.
Spark
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS

ATG wrote:

Spark wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Oh k...

Then you never will.
What, why a person feels an intimate connection to a country half a world away just because of shared religion?

That means I should be defending China, Vietnam or the Vatican with my life.
~ Richard Feynman
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

Spark wrote:

ATG wrote:

Spark wrote:

Oh k...

Then you never will.
What, why a person feels an intimate connection to a country half a world away just because of shared religion?

As ATG said, if you don't get it right off the bat, you probably never will.

Tunnel vision ftl.
Bagel_Bites
+14|5918
Sensationalist headlines and propaganda have a profound effect on people.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5952|Washington DC

Poseidon wrote:

Spark wrote:

ATG wrote:

Then you never will.

Tunnel vision ftl.
It's not tunnel vision; I don't understand why pretty much any Jewish person vehemently supports Israel even if they have no family there or no real ties there besides their religion. Not a knock mind you but a legitimate musing of sorts.

I mean shit, I was born in Argentina to a Chilean mother... I should be a soccer fanatic but frankly I just like watching the World Cup.
David.P
Banned
+649|6265

HurricaИe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Spark wrote:

Tunnel vision ftl.
It's not tunnel vision; I don't understand why pretty much any Jewish person vehemently supports Israel even if they have no family there or no real ties there besides their religion. Not a knock mind you but a legitimate musing of sorts.

I mean shit, I was born in Argentina to a Chilean mother... I should be a soccer fanatic but frankly I just like watching the World Cup.
Immigrant! Get him boys he's one of them!
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5952|Washington DC

David.P wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Tunnel vision ftl.

Ay ay ay! Corre Jose, corre! Ojala que la migra no nos agarran!
David.P
Banned
+649|6265

HurricaИe wrote:

David.P wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Ay ay ay! Corre Jose, corre! Ojala que la migra no nos agarran!
See that he's speaking mexican! This is america speak american! /Angry red neck
clogar
damn ain't it great to be a laxer
+32|5947|Minnesota

HurricaИe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Spark wrote:

Tunnel vision ftl.

because the whole point of their religion is that they are keeping faith that God will give them their land that he promised them, that's when they will consider themselves out of exile
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5952|Washington DC

clogar wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Tunnel vision ftl.

because the whole point of their religion is that they are keeping faith that God will give them their land that he promised them, that's when they will consider themselves out of exile
oh, k.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
Israel = the one and only jewish state.  Its supposedly special.  I dont see how.
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5952|Washington DC

Spearhead wrote:

Israel = the one and only jewish state.  Its supposedly special.  I dont see how.
New York is the second Jewish state

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida

HurricaИe wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

And south Florida.  Or I guess that's a colony... lol
SgtSlutter
Banned
+550|6629|Amsterdam, NY

HurricaИe wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

lulz
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6499

SgtSlauther wrote:

HurricaИe wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

lulz
icwut hedidthar
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

Spark wrote:

ATG wrote:

Spark wrote:

Oh k...

Then you never will.

Every one has personal issues that are close to them. Yours happen to be global warming. A lot of people don't get having the same repetitive discussions about that also. Your coming off a little self centered tbh.

Jewish culture is not limited to religion neither.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6533|Texas - Bigger than France

Spark wrote:

Because honestly, I don't get it.

I watch these 10-20page threads that crop up week in, week out with fascination. What drives you guys? What is there in this conflict that makes it so unique? Tbh to me it looks like two societies that have been chucked on top of each other who really don't like each other. Whether that was fair or not is moot.

What is the debate about?
Your right about the debate part.  There is none. 

As far as the other point, it has to do with genocide.  First, no one wants to see Israel be destroyed, and no one wants to push the other side off the map based on the supporting factions have resources we wish to have.

Watch what happens when there's no oil left.  Syria will run out in the next decade, then the options are to look to the West for building an economic base for expansion, or it'll become another country's muscle.  So will it become like Jordan or will it become more like Charles Barkley?

In the Clinton era, Syrian politicos were actually at the table considering westernizing the economy.  But that would require shaping up in the terror supporting arena.  They just got a better offer.
liquix
+51|6445|Peoples Republic of Portland
1. holocaust
2. israel creation f'd up palestine and the surrounding middle eastern boundaries.

can u imagine if somebody came and moved an entire population into your home area, but that same population faced genocide before they came. That's a bit of it.
Spark
+874|6666|Canberra, AUS
So... the way I'm reading this.

People feel aggrieved on the Palestinean side because of Israel being created as it was without their consent, and on the Israeli side because of cultural links?

Okay.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard