The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6686|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Thank you all for the kind words and support I hope I have put us on the map, obviosuly not as much as the team have. I have never minded replying to the question"Why you called 1927"?  But I hope now everybody knows.

I would Karma you all but I have none left sorry.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6634|London, England
|_()|_

4-0 to spurs
kptk92
u
+972|6421|tc_london

Mek-Izzle wrote:

|_()|_

4-0 to spurs
Epic lulz
bennisboy
+829|6659|Poundland

bennisboy wrote:

UK|Hooligan wrote:

1927 wrote:

woop woop

2-0 to the sheep shaggers, 2-0,
Congtats, a day out in London for you, very nice day out to.

bennisboy wrote:

Well, spurs are winning again
Bye bye Alan Curbishley i think after this match finishes.
Imagine if we managed to beat em 4 - 0, that would be 3 4 goal losses in a row

Mek-Izzle wrote:

|_()|_

4-0 to spurs
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6637|Birmingham, UK
Oh, bloody hell, Baggies!

To be honest, when the second goal went in, I thought that if we went into half-time with that scoreline it'd be greatly flattering us. All credit to Bristol Rovers as they've put in a fantastic, gutsy performance.

All the goals in the game have been good but I wanted a third for West Brom just before half time for comfort so...

Ishmael Miller - you're a clumsy donkey for falling over your own feet! The pitch is bad but... oh well, he's been fantastic apart from that!

Here's hoping for a second half that's just as good! - BOING BOING!
I have watched it from 35 mins onwards and am gobsmacked Miller could score that goal on that pitch.  The pitch is a bit of a leveller in this one as WBA are the best passing team outside the prem, but again on that sandy mudheap the passing goes out the window.  Well done on the ref not giving the pen at the end of the half, I would of, then I would of booked all the Rovers fans for arguing with me and then a few mins later at half time as I saw the replay of it I would of been wiping the egg off my face.

Full blooded this tie and hope the second half is the same, JJ (Rovers left back, left us when Lenny did about 2 seasons ago now) good luck Baggies but you know my thoughts on the underdogs.  Boing Boing, Oooooh arrr, Ooooooh arr << fair now I suppose.

Be gobsmacked if this finishes 11 players each, I got a feeling it will turn a bit nasty.
kptk92
u
+972|6421|tc_london
Gogo Bristol Rovers you can do it!!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
Well at least there was one normal result in the entire weekend of FA cup matches. Funnily enough, it was this game that I said would be a Cupset, and the rest would be normal (i.e: United winning etc.. )

1-5 to Albion, Miller getting a hat-trick

Last edited by Mek-Izzle (2008-03-09 12:45:55)

Played Baggies deserved victory, Im pleased it idnt turn nasty as I thought/said.  Credit to their club the Rovers players and fans, they all stayed till the end to cheer their team on (fans of course).  Good luck t them in trying to get promoted, a young looking team and young manager.

As for WBA now I really don't want them in the next round, I would much prefer Pompey or Barnsley.  I know Barnsley are the giant killers that are left but I reckon we could do them, so I only want them, but the other side of the coin is, if they pull out WBA and win, and we best Pompey we got a good chance of lifting the cup.  All managers will say they don't mind who they pull out the hat tomorrow and I suppose they are right, only I hold a lot of respect for WBA as Ive seen them more over recent seasons than the other two but fanyc my chances vs Barnsley.

All in all a cracking weekend of football and proud to be a fan of it all.  Its no wonder other countries are jealous of it all.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6637|Birmingham, UK
What a fantastic game that was! Credit to Rovers, they played well, but it was a typical Baggies performance - weak at the back, especially on set pieces, but wearing the opposition until we could overrun and crush them!
Good job on Miller never letting his head fall over missed chances and I'm so glad to see Phillips proving such a catalyst for the attack!

I hope we get Barnsley tomorrow - couldn't face Pompey and Kanu - as Cardiff would be mean to 1927 and myself.

Here's hoping for a Baggies v Bluebirds final!

What the manangers have said.

Fergie - Man Utd "The ref is a disgrace"
Redknapp - Potsmouth "That wasn't a penalilty"
Barnsley and Chelsea bosses - Dont know
Southgate - Boro "I have no gripes with that display, the buck stops with me"
Dave Jones - Cardiff "I'm sick of having 1927 rammed down my throat hopefully I can put it to bed now"     <<<<<   Woooh easy tiger, I would like to take this opportunity to dismiss those rumours.

Last edited by 1927 (2008-03-10 00:45:15)

Draw is about to be made I have the radio on in work and listening to it now.

I have bad reports today already the tickets for the Semi's are approx £50 so that blows that out the window for me, travel £30, Food £30, Programme £10, Drink £20 and then if we win have to do it all again in May.  I'll have a word with some mates down the club I think.

Draw is:

Barnsley v Cardiff (yeeeaaahhhhhhhhhh fkn get in)

WBA V Pompey
If we win the next game I may have to change my name to 2008
bennisboy
+829|6659|Poundland

1927 wrote:

I have bad reports today already the tickets for the Semi's are approx £50 so that blows that out the window for me, travel £30, Food £30, Programme £10, Drink £20 and then if we win have to do it all again in May.  I'll have a word with some mates down the club I think.

Draw is:

WBA V Pompey
God I fancy a cardiff WBA final to occur
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6745|St. Andrews / Oslo

Mek-Izzle wrote:

My predictions

Manchester United v Portsmouth: 2-0

Barnsley v Chelsea: 1-4

Middlesbrough v Cardiff City: 1-0

Bristol Rovers v West Bromwich Albion: 2-1
gg.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
https://i1.drr.net/15034475/10/a1.l550.m1.t1,q90.w/96BD6974B4C4F7B2FEC1F81856E681F5/15034475-550px.jpg

What a goal!!
Mekstizzle
WALKER

Jenspm wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

My predictions

gg.
I know, it's hilarious.

Also, Cardiff vs Albion final for sure, lightening doesn't strike twice for gay clubs like P'Mouth and they won't get the ref as a 12th man this time

Mek-Izzle wrote:

Jenspm wrote:

Mek-Izzle wrote:

My predictions

gg.
I know, it's hilarious.

Also, Cardiff vs Albion final for sure, lightening doesn't strike twice for gay clubs like P'Mouth and they won't get the ref as a 12th man this time
Its what you make of your chances.  You can't blame the ref when Carrick didnt put it in whie on the line almost, You can't blame the ref when Tevez smacked it at Johnson who was on the line, anywhere else and it was a goal.  I do get your point about the ref but I think Fergie will be having a go at his players behind closed doors and the ref in public.
kptk92
u
+972|6421|tc_london
Pompey-Barnsley final plex

kptk92 wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

WAHEY!!! Now for Rovers > West Brom
Quiet, you.
No, I'm looking forward to an all-underdog semi-final
Does that mean Pomey are the underdogs vs WBA?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I don't support United, but I'll call out injustice when I see it. They do seem to choke on big games though, all big English clubs seem to be doing that this season..

Mek-Izzle wrote:

I don't support United, but I'll call out injustice when I see it. They do seem to choke on big games though, all big English clubs seem to be doing that this season..
Ive mentioned above that the Ronaldo/penalty/should of been; would of been a foul if outside the box, as per 00.53 seconds into the match.

I hadn't relised yesterday that the ball had come off our fella's arm in the build up to our first goal last night, the players went to the ref but Southgate last night said he could have no complaints.  The only difference being I suppose we were the better team vs Boro and got the deserved victory while Man Utd were the better team vs Pompey but didnt get it.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6637|Birmingham, UK

1927 wrote:

Draw is:

WBA V Pompey
Argh fook. I just heard this when I got home from school... damn!

Oh well, looking forward to a good, hard semi-final for the Baggies and a WBA vs Cardiff final is an interesting prospect...

In fact, there's a very good chance that the FA Cup is coming to the Champonship now - where real football is played (I have a sticker on my dartboard saying just that when it was called the Nationwide! )!
kptk92
u
+972|6421|tc_london

TheDarkRaven wrote:

1927 wrote:

Draw is:

WBA V Pompey
Argh fook. I just heard this when I got home from school... damn!

Oh well, looking forward to a good, hard semi-final for the Baggies and a WBA vs Cardiff final is an interesting prospect...

In fact, there's a very good chance that the FA Cup is coming to the Champonship now - where real football is played (I have a sticker on my dartboard saying just that when it was called the Nationwide! )!
Jesus Christ... will the Championship still play real football when the Baggies get promoted this year?

TheDarkRaven wrote:

1927 wrote:

Draw is:

WBA V Pompey
I used to watch us in Divison 4, wasn't that long ago either we got promoted with Brighton, Chesterfield and Reading.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard