madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6724|Sweden
Personally my folks divorce was for the best and i´m glad they took the decision when they did things went better afterwards, i have a much better contact with both today than i had back then. So don´t feel down life is life. Sticking together cause of children is not the solution in my personal opinion as the kid riding along.
argo4
Stand and Deliver
+86|5946|United States
my parents divorced when i was 3 and i had to move with my mom to my grandmother's place...it sucked
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6542|Global Command

madmurre wrote:

Personally my folks divorce was for the best and i´m glad they took the decision when they did things went better afterwards, i have a much better contact with both today than i had back then. So don´t feel down life is life. Sticking together cause of children is not the solution in my personal opinion as the kid riding along.
Seconded.
My parents getting a divorce when I was 5 was hard on me but in the end for the better.
Monkeyman911
Dun wori, it's K.
+76|6435|California, US
yeah my parents are divorced, too
i've learned to live with it
CommieChipmunk
+488|6583|Portland, OR, USA
mine did it when I was 14.  It's a bitch but you move on.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6341

You will receive more money when applying for financial aid for college, so THATS a plus
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
CanadianLoser
Meow :3 :3
+1,148|6521
Sorry to hear it hurri, but I'm sure its all for the best.  And as you said, at least its not a hostile/hate relationship between them.  it'll get better
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6539|South Florida
My parents were together for like 13 years but not married and they split up. It sucks but life is cool now.
15 more years! 15 more years!
OrangeHound
Busy doing highfalutin adminy stuff ...
+1,335|6663|Washington DC

Sorry to hear that, Martin.  Relationships are precious, and we all want to keep them intact ... but stuff happens. 

On a lighter note, since I live a stone's throw away, I'll be your daddy.   That way, when I say "Who's your daddy?" you can respond properly.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6539|South Florida

OrangeHound wrote:

On a lighter note, since I live a stone's throw away, I'll be your daddy.   That way, when I say "Who's your daddy?" you can respond properly.
Giggled with a little smile.
15 more years! 15 more years!
HurricaИe
Banned
+877|5975|Washington DC

Im_Dooomed wrote:

You will receive more money when applying for financial aid for college, so THATS a plus
if my dad registers as a DC resident I get a tuition assistance grant... $10K towards any state university

@CL, thanks man

@OHound... lol

@Everyone else... thanks for the kind words
1927(h)

HurricaИe wrote:

As some of you may have known, my parents had a separation last year (it's sorta like a divorce). At first it was a bit hard to get used to, but now I'm used to it.

So today my mom needs help with printing some document, and I notice its title is "DIVORCE AND SEPARATION." Once I fix everything I sorta sat there, and my mom asked me if I wanted to know what it was.

It was a file for divorce

I guess I'm lucky in a sense, that they didn't separate / divorce because of abuse or anything really terrible. They don't hate each other's guts at least...

Funny how life works.
Chin up fella and be proud of what they are trying to show you.

My Parents seperated when I was about 7 months old, Mum passsed away in Sept 05 but up until then my Mum and Dad remained the very best of friends.  My Mum remarried a wonderful man about 20 years ago (my other Dad) and the 3 of them were all excellent together.

I have my own family now and have seperated with my Fiance'e once (her choice) and just about stopped her doing it this time last week (she had wanted to for two weeks).

I grew up in an environment where parents arguing was only on the TV or round my mates, never ever did I see my parents slinging mud at each other and thats what I try to bring to my house.  When I met my Mrs she had two kids and her husband had been having a 9 year affair and had eventually left her (the eldest of her two was 9 at the time, what a twat eh?) They used to sling mud but I stopped that after about 1 year so now all of our 3 watch, My Dad/Step Dad/ His new gf (met her 3 months after Mum died, another story for another day that 1) get on.  The elder two don't see their Mum and Dad having a go anymore, they dont seem them getting on either, but thats better than slagging each other out, same with me I refuse to slag their Dad out.

Sorry Hurricane your going through this its sad now that most couples split up rather than stay together but they seem to be putting you first by not slinging the mud infront of you, I was proud of my parents for that.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6668

Damn, that sucks.

My grandparents on both sides are all divorced, my aunt on one side is divorced, my uncle the other side is divorced. My parents have been married for over 20 years, I thought surely they'd be the ones who would make it through... But lately my mom has been going to marriage counseling, and come to find out, they're not sure how much longer it's going to last. When my dad retires, he wants to move off somewhere quiet in some small town, but my mom wants to stay in a big metropolitan area... so who knows what'll happen. And even though I'm 21, it's still tough to deal with, I'm not sure how I'll handle it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard