All exams are marked out of 7

English: 6
Biology: 6
Norwegian: 7
Economics: 6
Math: 4
History: 7

Total 36/42 points.
What's the number of points you need for uni's, also, 36 is damn good on IB.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6645|England
Electronics GCSE module 2: 38/38 A*

Only counts for 12.5% of total mark, but its still a good result.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6675|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Sheriff and Jimmy from what I see neither of you have anything to be dissapointed with, obvioulsy Sheriff your U can be improved but it depends what you wanted Chemistry for and wether not having it will set you back in your plans.  Jimmy, I wouldn't worry so much about that grade in Maths even though I am not looking employ anyone right now I would employ you with those grades.

We spoke about this recently and grades arn't the be all and end all, politeness, common sence, good attitude, good time keeping, assertivness along with other qualities are what us employers look for in young candidates.

Unless things have changed these arn't final grades with which you leave school anyway are they?
jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6657|Cambridge, England
Chemistry CH4 - 77/90
Maths S2 - 93/100
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651

The Sheriff wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

I guess since I did IB I have a different bunch of results but here goes:

All exams are marked out of 7

English: 6
Biology: 6
Norwegian: 7
Economics: 6
Math: 4
History: 7

Total 36/42 points.
What's the number of points you need for uni's, also, 36 is damn good on IB.
Warwick: 36
Birmingham: 36
Bristol: Pending
Manchester: 34 with 6 6 6 at higher level
Exeter: 34 (I just got an e-mail from them today inviting me to apply for the Vice-Chancellor's Excellence Scholarship of £5000 a year.)

The total number it is out of is 45 but those are with the three extra points for the extended essay, T.O.K presentation, T.O.K Essay. Those are obviously not counted in January's exam total though, only for the finals. Depending on how well I did on all of those I would either have ended up with a 37 (1 extra point), 38 (2 extra points) or 39 (3 extra points). I'm keeping my fingers crossed and working hard You did good too Surgeon and remember, if you want to improve, just study more

O, and 1927-you're right again about the qualities needed getting jobs haha
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6704
A2 level

Biology - B

History (Mussolini and Facist Italy) - A!!!!!!!!!!!

General studies - U

yo teddy - I'm applying for the chemistry course at Birmingham and at Warwick, Warwick is the better, the campus is gorgeous.

though my first choise is York.

Last edited by ShowMeTheMonkey (2008-03-06 08:38:07)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6491|Gogledd Cymru

I concentrated on physics and my chemistry resit (CH2) did nothing for CH4, that's the reason for the U :p.

I don't need specific grades in any subject BBC for Lancaster, 280 points for swansea (my backup). I'm not bothered about the results, it's just facing my mum with the fact that I got a U, i'll just say I got a D and will resit it in the summer anyway.
Surgeons

jimmanycricket wrote:

Chemistry CH4 - 77/90
Maths S2 - 93/100
NJ nerd, I got 35 in CH4 .
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

yo teddy - I'm applying for the chemistry course at Birmingham and at Warwick, Warwick is the better, the campus is gorgeous.

Sweeeeeet +1 for you haha..

Yeah Warwick is my top choice academically but holy hell Exeter are giving me hell on earth atm. They obviously really want me picking it as my first choice and are tempting me with that scholarship.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6598|England

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

A2 level

Biology - B

History (Mussolini and Facist Italy) - A!!!!!!!!!!!

General studies - U

How did you fail General Studies!?

Did you just not bother going to the exam? That's the only possible way I can think that someone can fail it. The exam is a joke in terms of easiness.
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6704
For me I wrote the word "batman" and "Asian Babes" in my general studies politics exam as much as possible - possibly the reason for the U.

I managed batman 17 times and babes in about 6.

Though York MChem course is my 1st and my insurance with and offer of - BBB

York - BBB
Warwick - ABB
Birmingham - ABB
Leeds - (Unknown)
Durham - Rejected (Didn't do maths)

The Sheriff wrote:

it's just facing my mum with the fact that I got a U
Alright I agree she might hit the roof and flip out for a bit but I bet you by the time tomorrow comes she would of watched the news and realised her Son could of broken far worse news to her than an exam result.  It's something that can be worked on put it that way.  Providing you give all of this your very best shot you haven't let anyone down.

I'm gutted none of you have put Cardiff down on your list as we got a cracking Uni here ecspecially for sciences so they tell me, an excellent city, great night life, cracking women, an amazing football team but most of all, Cardiff's got me in it.
Surgeons

1927 wrote:

The Sheriff wrote:

it's just facing my mum with the fact that I got a U
Alright I agree she might hit the roof and flip out for a bit but I bet you by the time tomorrow comes she would of watched the news and realised her Son could of broken far worse news to her than an exam result.  It's something that can be worked on put it that way.  Providing you give all of this your very best shot you haven't let anyone down.

I'm gutted none of you have put Cardiff down on your list as we got a cracking Uni here ecspecially for sciences so they tell me, an excellent city, great night life, cracking women, an amazing football team but most of all, Cardiff's got me in it.
Heh, I could still pick Cardiff, except they want an A and two B's, also Cardiff didn't appeal to me, the city and everything was great but the university, course and people I met at the uni put me off going there.
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london
Snoooooooooooore

kptk92 wrote:

Snoooooooooooore
Sorry?
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651

kptk92 wrote:

Snoooooooooooore
GTFO and study tbh.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6450

I am going to Reading to study Pharmacy in October. I already got my final results since August last year. I am having a gap year atm, and I don't think anyone should have a gap year. It's really a bad idea
ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6704
He's in year 10. He knows nothing.

r'Eeee wrote:

I am going to Reading to study Pharmacy in October. I already got my final results since August last year. I am having a gap year atm, and I don't think anyone should have a gap year. It's really a bad idea
Why do you say that because you loose the momentum and desire to learn?

Have you traveled in you year off?

Worked in that time?
kptk92
u
+972|6410|tc_london

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Snoooooooooooore
GTFO and study tbh.
dun wry guys its k

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

lol

Last edited by kptk92 (2008-03-06 08:58:05)

r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6450

1927 wrote:

r'Eeee wrote:

Why do you say that because you loose the momentum and desire to learn?

Have you traveled in you year off?

Worked in that time?
I am working. But, my social life isn't at its best. As no one is around, most of my m8s are at uni, already.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6651

kptk92 wrote:

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Snoooooooooooore
GTFO and study tbh.
dun wry guys its k

ShowMeTheMonkey wrote:

lol
Jeee honestly I don't usually say this but if you have nothing useful to contribute to the thread then just stop. The only thing you're proving right now is how much of an annoyance you are.

I'm a great believer that a gap year can be the most interesting, life changing experience of you life provided that you actually plan it to the minutest detail.lol. I've been thinking about it and if I did take one I'd work for four months and travel with the money I earn from that. I was also thinking about going to South Africa to work in a game park but I doubt it'll happen.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6586|England
Chemistry:
Chains, Rings & Spectroscopy: A

Maths:
Mechanics 1: A

Physics:
Electrons & Photons: A
Cosmology: C

Oh yeah, Critical Thinking: A

Last edited by =Karma-Kills= (2008-03-06 09:07:15)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard