11FG Freak
+1|5959
o.k.  if i play a game where i create the server and put bots in i can kill them with no issues (if it says it takes 3 shots to kill with that gun then that's all i need) BUT when i join a server to play on line, it seems that it takes twice as many hits to kill ??!! now I've checked to make sure i have a low ping and that the person I'm shooting has a ping that's close to the same and it doesn't make a difference. i don't want to say every ones hacking, and i don't think I'm that bad of a player that i cant hit a stationary target 25 ft away but i seem to loose just about every 1 on 1 i get into EVEN WHEN I GET THE DROP ON THE TARGET ...... so my question is ........ is there something i might be doing, or a setting that might be wrong that could be causing this....
    i am using a router and i have a cable connection .... and i usually play on server that i have a 50 or less ping.... could it be that my p.c. is a little old (3yrs) ?  it just seems to me that even if my p.c. is old hitting (and showing a rosebud) isn't doing what it's suppose to be doing ..... according to this site if a gun can kill a target with no armor in 4 shots and 5 to kill a target with armor than  6 or 8 shots should be overkill
    EXAMPLE: i was on Karkland, running from the train station ... over the bridge...i had just past the island in the middle.... i was well behind a squad that turned left at the end of the bridge and headed up the hill... an enemy came out from behind the little guard house at the end of the bridge ,went to prone and started shooting at the other squad ( facing my 9:00 position) i dropped to a knee, zoomed in with the G36E and fired .. rose budding with each burst 6 times i hit him ... 4 times before he turned and fired at me ...killing me with the F2000 (not sure if he was bursting or spray and pray because i died so quick) ..... this has been an ongoing problem and it happens with every gun.   

i just re-read this post and i can just see the responses now......... the never fail "oh you just suck.. NOOOOOOB"  BLAH BLAH BLAH. 

please help.....  looking for real answers......... NOT A 12 YR OLD'S SARCASM

THANK YOU

Last edited by 11FG Freak (2008-03-05 20:05:34)

cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.
Would you like the sarcasm of a grown man instead?
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6640|Your moms bedroom
its bf2, the only time your not going to get bad hit reg is when your playing singleplayer
geNius
..!.,
+144|6442|SoCal

cablecopulate wrote:

Would you like the sarcasm of a grown man instead?
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
11FG Freak
+1|5959
O.K.   lol that was good ... the sarcasm of a grown man...lmao    i guess i deserved that one....   that just cracked me up ...lol

i'll check those forum links but i think i've seen one of them......TY
11FG Freak
+1|5959
yea i have seen those... i tried one of them , the one that you change the # to match (or close to match)  the server ping  but i didn't see any change no matter how i set it ...so i put it back to the original setting   0.1000 or what ever it was.  i think it was the 3rd link .

do you think my router may be screwing me up ??
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6132|Scotland!
I've changed routers a few times and never noticed a difference in hitreg, I switched ISP and it improved a little.

messing with your usersettings does make a difference, you just need to find the right numbers. just alter them by a bit every time you play a game and keep one that works.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6627|Warlord

11FG Freak wrote:

o.k.  if i play a game where i create the server and put bots in i can kill them with no issues (if it says it takes 3 shots to kill with that gun then that's all i need) BUT when i join a server to play on line, it seems that it takes twice as many hits to kill ??!!
I get this a lot too so don't think you're alone in this.

11FG Freak wrote:

now I've checked to make sure i have a low ping and that the person I'm shooting has a ping that's close to the same and it doesn't make a difference.
Ping isn't the whole issue. You have a cable connection but do you know your contention ratio by any chance? If you could track your packet loss that should tell you more.

11FG Freak wrote:

i don't want to say every ones hacking...
Well given we do know there are many functioning hacks out there for the game and there are hackers by the thousands playing, thinking "cheat" for really suspicious stuff isn't that much of a stretch.

BUT, there's no hack for added health as far as I know.

All the hacks are related to situational awareness and aim/hitting ability, as well as the command stuff.

11FG Freak wrote:

and i don't think I'm that bad of a player that i cant hit a stationary target 25 ft away but i seem to loose just about every 1 on 1 i get into EVEN WHEN I GET THE DROP ON THE TARGET ......
This seems bad, and I know exactly how it feels (I put 20 AK rounds, in controlled bursts, into a prone support guy two days ago, at less than 30m, and he turned and killed me with one burst) but how was that specific player you mentioned in Karkand doing generally? IME it's not uncommon to find that the guy who won a 1-1 of the type you describe isn't really doing that well... so maybe he just got lucky.

11FG Freak wrote:

..... according to this site if a gun can kill a target with no armor in 4 shots and 5 to kill a target with armor than  6 or 8 shots should be overkill
Yes, that very thing has bothered me for some time. The hit indication should be reliable enough so you know you did actually get 6 or 8 hits, then the guy should be dead (unless he's lying on medic packs of course).

The problem is that there are also anomalies in the way the game registers shots that do hit. In my early testing I found you get registered hits with the M95 where the subject's health did not go down to 2 bars, so that alone is proof enough of the general problem. In-game I'm sure I've been killed with a single carbine shot to the head quite a few times, which shouldn't be possible (at full health obviously) so the reverse might be true also.

The general problem is this: it's BF2!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard