Poll

Would You Give Up Your Rights and Civil Liberties for Your Country?

Yes, my country comes first4%4% - 4
Only if there's a real threat to my country13%13% - 13
It depends on what rights and civil liberties (explain)16%16% - 16
Never, I come first23%23% - 23
If my country asked me to do that then fuck my country42%42% - 41
Total: 97
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina
Would you or not?  Which rights and civil liberties would you give up?  If so in which situations?
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6393|The Gem Saloon
if they asked, it would be time to utilize the second amendment.
Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6643|Camoran's Paradise
"Any country that sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither"
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6683|Espoo, Finland
Can't think of a situation where I would give up my rights.
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6709|Sweden
Not my country... have a hard time to understand this strong nationalism going it´s mostly bs and creates a we and them scenario not good imo leads to racism and elitism. I could give up rights for my family and friends but definitley not my country.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6528|Global Command

Parker wrote:

if they asked, it would be time to utilize the second amendment.
QFE
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
civil rights = America

If they really in earnest tried to take everything away, my country wouldn't exist anymore. Question is therefore moot.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

civil rights = America

If they really in earnest tried to take everything away, my country wouldn't exist anymore. Question is therefore moot.
There are other countries you know.  You can answer for the US because you are American, but the question isn't "Would you give up blah for the US".
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6129|North Tonawanda, NY

sergeriver wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

civil rights = America

There are other countries you know.  You can answer for the US because you are American, but the question isn't "Would you give up blah for the US".
Holy shit, there are other countries?!?!? 

I do believe he was answering the question as asked, since his country is the US.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

SenorToenails wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

civil rights = America

I do believe he was answering the question as asked, since his country is the US.
No shit, I think you missed the part where he said the question was moot.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6129|North Tonawanda, NY

sergeriver wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

In the case of his country.  I guess you missed that part.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

SenorToenails wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

SenorToenails wrote:

In the case of his country.  I guess you missed that part.
Whatever.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

Ganko_06 wrote:

"Any country that sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither"
oh jesus
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
It really depends what rights.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
my rights and my lefts
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

civil rights = America

QFE
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

sergeriver wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

civil rights = America

you should read the thread topics you start.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6760

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

civil rights = America

lulz
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

civil rights = America

You should mind your own business.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

freedom of speech is one of my civil liberties.  I have every right to post in this forum.  Looks like you are the one that likes giving up rights.  or taking em.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5998|...
I wouldn't mind giving up some rights, but it really depends on what rights they want to take away. As long as it's beneficial for the people in that country, and not too extreme, yes.
inane little opines
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6620|London, England
What rights and liberties, and for what reason. Take everything and listen to it independently and then make up your own mind on it, I can't just say that I'm not going to let them change anything or that I'm going to let them do whatever they want to me (by they I mean govt)
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6756|Argentina

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

freedom of speech is one of my civil liberties.  I have every right to post in this forum.  Looks like you are the one that likes giving up rights.  or taking em.
I'm not a country anyway.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6642
no way!
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.
There's a severe case of post deleting going around today. So I'd watch what you say.

Pow pow, dingle dingle, pow/

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard