Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6697
Hey just wondering how many of you got the expert knife badge and could post here also would be nice telling me you're story on how you got it also if you dont got you're expert knife badge still come in and talk about the knife and how close are you to getting it?

I've seen alot of people say its impossible to get and ive seen alot of people with just Veteran knife badges but i got it on my first day as soon as i had over 100 kills i really am an good with the knife.

I gotta say the Knife is one of the best and most useful weapons in the game now before i even tried going for any of the badges i never used the knife and alot of people wouldnt because you're thinking a knife vs gun = you die and you probably tried got frustrated and never used it again but it depends how you use it how fast you are and prone is the secret.

So here is my story how i got it yesterday and i'm gonna give my tips on knife combat feel free to post you're tips and you're stories how you got it.

Before i do one thing that pisses me off the most for dying is getting killed by Artillery and Jets but what about being killed by a knife? When you get killed by a knife from behind specially does it really piss you off? (I've killed 168 people i think and this was just in a few hours)

I've never got knifed alot i think only twice people that try to knife me arent smart or quick enough here is a tip never stop moving never stay in one spot or proned for long and always look behind you.

I was on Karkland i was prone on the ground near the square and shooting my pistol then instead of reloading and staying prone there like most people would i got up turned around and guess what some guy comming at me with a knife he didnt make it very close and i just used my doa on him.

Ok so here is my story how i got the badge yesterday and  then my tips they might help if any one else is trying to get it.

The map of course was Karkland this is the only useful map to get knife kills tons i mean tons because maps with alot of vechiles or huge open areas then it can be pretty difficult.

Also dont join a server unless it has 64 players playing the more the better you might think the less the more easier but the less the more harder.

So this is what i did i only used the knife i did it by constantly stabbing people in that little metal fenced in area at the hotel alot from behind and alot prone if some one is close to me and sees me and starts shooting more then likely i / you will die but not always something ive gotten a few kills by diving at them and stabbing em or running and proning and stab.

But here is the thing it says you need 100 global knife kills and 18 kills in one round well i did more then 18 and i didnt get it i got the badge after doing 38 knife kills lol so i dont know and i did 38 knife kills on one map.

So here is my tips and this is basicly how i got it also.

1. Karkland (Always play on this with 64 players to get tons of knife kills)
2. Good Class to be to knife is sniper because his long range running and camoflauge you might think being a  class with heavy armor helps but not really running is way more important so i reccomend the sniper class but it also might be harder because the sniper has alot more crap to cycle threw just like the medic with the Anti Tank you just gotta press you're quick key twice to switch back and forth from Knife to Doa but he has small sprint so i reccomend Sniper.

3. I dont reccomend wandering big open areas with you're knife out such as the big hills the key is to being in closed areas with alot of places to run threw like alleys and buildings but it mainly depends on what the enemy is doing and also pay attention to the UAV look at the dots to see wich way they are facing and also take risks if you're afraid to go in for knife kills you're just gonna get killed take risks you might die some times but its worth it you'll get better.

4. Look for enemies who have there back turned run up to them stop then stab if this doesnt work and they see you then you can whip out you're pistol or what ever and kill them. Prone enemies are the easiest what you do is run up to them but dont jump then knife although you would think this is useful well it is but the thing that i found works most is running then just proning and then stab soon as you prone near them stab them. Snipers are easy targets if you see some one with there back turned sniping just rush in behind them and prone and stab dont be afraid to prone and prone crawl to get closer and stab ive killed alot of people in a row with this. Also if you noticed a person carrying a knife they panic because they know they can be killed in one hit and also you're an easy target so if theres tons of people shooting at them and they still see a guy holding a knife they go for the guy holding the knife lol.

Look out on top of buildings go up the ladder then prone and stab but if there is a claymore then you're screwed also alot of times i dont stealth i just assault with my knife i just run into big crowds if i see any one proned or hiding behind corners proned just run up to them jump dive and stab or prone and stab also follow people dont go in front of them just follow them soon as there in knife range stab them also look out for enemies reloading follow em when there turned around stab the best knife kills specially are people are in very crowded dark areas such as the destroyed APC at Karkland people proning there can get easily killed so it just takes practice and you need to take risks and go nuts or you wont get any where

5. Using vechiles like the cars is useful just quickly drive by the sides then get out and just run in and prone and kill also very quick nice way to get there before they even have time to think what there gonna do.

Here is my funny stories how i got it / funny knife kills.

The best knife kill ive gotten or should i say kill's was at Karkland in the metal fenced area it was pretty funny there was some people running around not sure who cant remember i just ignored them i went straight for the people in the corner proned now there was one guy proned with his gun then i think some one died and the medic jumped in there proned and revived him i quickly went in there little orgy in the corner and i stabbed all three of them with out getting hurt at all that was my best moment.

Another useful thing is when some one taking over the hotel map more then likely the enemy is going to be proned at the other end or corner with his gun ready instead of taking the ladder risked being heard and shot i just run in then quickly prone and stab him i do it so fast that they dont even have time to act or even shoot a bullet kinda reminds me of Hitman Codename 47 lol.

Another memorable knife kill was a mec enemy proned near the hotel area in the middle before USA artillery and where the big hill goes down i saw him in there i drove my car then quickly got out i went there proned i saw him he saw me we were both proned looking at each other he looked straight at me before i killed him but what was funny right before i knifed him right before the knife animation stabed him a half a second i guess he held down his mouse to shoot me right before my knife stabbed and killed him he only got one shot out of his gun before i killed him it was nice.

Theres alot more but i cant remember em ive done 168 knife kills so post you're tips and stories
NTADarwin
+1|6730
Yes, I have my expert knife badge, got it first try after I had my global requirement, didn't read your full post, too long and it's too late, but I did notice your global kills with a knife.  All I can say is keep it up, I love the knife, and when I get knifed, it doesnt make me mad, because I know I can return the favor.  By the way, I have 1718 global kills with a knife as of right now. sointadarwin on X-Fire for a knife fight!

-NTADarwin
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6697
1718 holy crap lol i only got Battlefield in October though i only have little around 130 hours played its crazy that guy that is number 1 has over 1000 hours lol.

Seems i get more knife kills then i do with using guns look at the scores 13 hours with shotgun and i have 340 or what ever and only 2 hours and 40 mins and i have 168 knife kills lol.

Yep i'll keep going but i really should use my pistol more the expert badge for the pistol is harder cause 500 pistol kills is alot and i hardly ever use it.
uber73
+188|6760|Brisbane
berserk vampire, u know.... u can use full stops/periods OTHER than to finish a paragraph
punctuation makes a huge post like yours MUCH easier to read.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

I think... I went half blind here.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6822
Busted my ass on Sharqi. There was like 4 tickets left in round with 17 knife kills. I spawn and theres 2 guys runnin infront of me into the city entrace spawn. I jumped over sandbags and knifed them both.
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6735|Debris From Space
No.
P$ycho73
+0|6697|Farmersville, TX
well this is my story i play since july last year and was so consatrated on one thing yes knifing i was playing in a game and decided to run around with my knife i went i got basic, then vet, and one day i went into this sever and got expert andvet anti tank in this sever cause they were knifing all game december 9, 2005 when i recieved my EXPERT KNIFE COMBAT BADGE and have over 680+ knife kills so congrats to you that have it

Last edited by P$ycho73 (2006-01-05 05:44:36)

maton
LAZY ZOMBIE
+-4|6786
it took me a lot to get to the 100 knife kills, but when i got them i went for my expert knife badge, i got it at first try in karkan in a 32 men server and the map size also was 32, i got it when there was like 80 tickets left so i made some extra poits reviving people, know i have like 360 knife kills.
8th{E}_SpawnXG
+1|6725
I didn't read everyone post to the word, but I don't think this was mentioned. I got mine using a medic, so after each kill you can heal your self. The map was 64 player karkand, but I think it was a 32 player slot server. So, just the right amount of people and lots of tickets. Thats also the map I got my Vet Explosive Ordinance on. So yea, my story is I was a medic healing myself and kniving everyone I saw. The last kill came when I saw a poor poor AT run into a little shed by one of my flags, (which I had just spawned at) and I dove over some boxes and knifed him right in the face. Bum bum ba bum bum. * You have been awarded: Expert Knife Combat.* Then I got 1 more knife and about 7 deaths the rest of the game cause I didn't care any more lol. There was about 50 -100 tickets left.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6697
It kinds sucks now though all that work and i was so focused on getting the Expert badge but now well theres really no point to ever use the knife again cause when we didnt have the expert knife badge we had something to look forward to when using it but now nothing i hope maybe in the next patch they make Master Badges i'd say for knife 500 global knife kills and 25 kills IAR what do you think

My goal now is to get Expert Pistol i still need basic enginer but there never seems to be anything to repair and its only 5 points too lol.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6740|Peoria, Illinois
Got mine on Karkand with 10 players on a 64 player map. Piece of cake to get 17 knife kills in 90 minutes. That's one knife kill every 5.3 minutes of play. As long as the US has at least one flag the tickets don't auto bleed. The ticket bleed is 100% dependent on kills.
(BRU)Timothy
+5|6696|Pennsylvania - Hershey!
Expert knife is a fun badge, but it is a challenge.  I got mine on a 64-player map size server called the Waterhole.  It is a good server to get these badges on because the max player size is 20 players for a 64 player map. The last guy I knifed was a support with a PKM.  He was firing at me, but i did the jump-dive move just because I wanted that badge, it felt good though because I charged at him and knifed him. I also got my expert pistol on that server.
M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6740|Peoria, Illinois

Berserk_Vampire wrote:

It kinds sucks now though all that work and i was so focused on getting the Expert badge but now well theres really no point to ever use the knife again cause when we didnt have the expert knife badge we had something to look forward to when using it but now nothing i hope maybe in the next patch they make Master Badges i'd say for knife 500 global knife kills and 25 kills IAR what do you think

My goal now is to get Expert Pistol i still need basic enginer but there never seems to be anything to repair and its only 5 points too lol.
I'd rather see a ranking system for knives as well as a close combat ribbon, say 7 knife kills and 7 pistol kills in 15 minutes.
Dr.Red-Eye
fanneh
+64|6703|Ireland
I got mine on a 64 man in Karkand i got luckey, cos the losing team had like 150 tickets when i got it
BurlySmurf
+1|6763|Nellis AFB

NTADarwin wrote:

Yes, I have my expert knife badge, got it first try after I had my global requirement, didn't read your full post, too long and it's too late, but I did notice your global kills with a knife.  All I can say is keep it up, I love the knife, and when I get knifed, it doesnt make me mad, because I know I can return the favor.  By the way, I have 1718 global kills with a knife as of right now. sointadarwin on X-Fire for a knife fight!

-NTADarwin
1718 kills eh? Looks a bit more like 0 to me. Do a bit of stat padding?

In response to the original poster I love the knife. I think Warlord is the best map to get the badge though. Between the Insurgent Hide Out, TV Station, and the Palace there are tons of spots with tight corners and lots of bodies. That is where I got my expert.
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6750|In your head
I got it.
Gilgalad
Renaissance Soldier
+2|6786|Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
I picked up mine expert badge on 64 player Sharqi. Only 24 guys on at the time, and I made sure that I was on USMC to prevent an overrun. I mainly just bypassed the most direct routes between flags, rather circling around and catching guys unaware from behind. Got on my second try, and both teams had a little over 100 tickets left.

Can't remember exactly how I got my last kill, but I was rather excited because this was one of the 3 badges that I though there is no way in hell I'll get this without stat padding. (The others being Expert Pistol and Explosives - both of which I now have)

In short, I used this same strategy to get my pistol and explosive badges as well.
Badcow68
+4|6733|Tucson, AZ
The knife is one out of three of the badges that I dont have. I have tried but believe I have a knifing handicap. I came close a few times to getting my basic knife badge, but seem to miss it by one or two kills a round. I think I will get the knife badge before I can get the pistol badge though. Do love the knife, just wish I was better at it.
[DR2nd]Dr.Smoov
+9|6711|North Kackalaka
I don't have it but I help one of my clan mates get his.  It was on Wake, this is alos another excellent map to get it on.  I was the comander and keep a UAV over my pal the whole round, this helped him find his victims faster and kept him from being surprised.  The other thing about beinga sniper is that all snipers look alike and if you are fast enough the victim will not be sure which team you are on, all other kits look dif. depending on which side you are on.  It takes a moment for the name to pop up, and sometimes that moment is all you need.  You would not belive the number of times that I charged a guy who had the PKM, and was still able to stab them before they could kill me.  The closer youare the harder it is for someone to hit you with a rifle.   Also a lot of people freak out and start spraying when they see you, a couple of hops then they have to reload, thats when they get a blade to the dome.  The most important thing to remember is to keep moving.  Another great place ot be is on Sharqi the flag closest to the MEC side.  If the other team has the flag, wait at the top of the stairs where thye spawn and stab them in the back as soon as they spawn, but don't stay to long, cause someone with spawn at the other spot and come looking for revenge.

Last edited by [DR2nd]Dr.Smoov (2006-01-05 08:32:36)

Ub3r-ElitE
Teargas wh0re
+2|6729
I just got it on karkand a few days ago. And i had to wait 3 bloody hours til it showed up in my stats lol
yoohoo313131
+1|6700
Ill have to agree with playing sniper. I tried other classes and it didnt work as well. I went to sniper on a 20/64 Sharqi. Got mine around that middle flag with the AA and tow emplacement. The enemy seems to pause a bit before realizing youre the enemy. And that pause comes in handy. The game was winding down and I didnt think I was gonna get it. I had 11 kills and I jumped in the middle of a squad that was prone at that flag. They had a medic there and after I was done, I had 7 kills in the span of 30 seconds. Suuuuuweeeeet!!!
dodge_this(fr)
Raving Rabbit
+26|6698|The Hague, Netherlands
No I got it as a medic cause you can run fast, you can also regain health ...
I believe it's the easiest way to get it and it's even better if you go on a server that run Karkand with lots of tickets.
Berserk_Vampire
Banned
+7|6697
Yeah also agree with the sniper post they look the same and if you're far away or mid range they see you're red name tag and will start shooting but up close when they see you they will check you out to make sure you're the enemy probably looking at the name tag but it kinda gives it away i mean if you see some one running at you with a knife then you dont pause lol ive seen alot of people just look at me for a few split seconds before realizing im the enemy but its already too late i stabbed  them.

I just love the knife nothing is more rewarding and feels good getting a knife kill just the stab noise its beautiful lol i really do wish there was blood in the game it really ruins the game i dont mean blood squirting out like in Grand Theft Auto or anything but some at least would be nice when you stab them and you see blood.

If i didnt go for getting my knife badges or reading about the awards pages on the badges etc i probably woulda never used the knife like i am now or after a few plays got as good as i am with it.

Very rarely i ever see any one get any knife kills ive seen a few people trying to knife me but they obviously dont know what there doing there slow and sloppy and i just easily shoot them.

Once i was on a map and this guy comes at me with a knife MEC so instead of shooting him i take out my knife then we both go at it but not one of us hit each other and my retard team about 6 of them were all shooting at him and the idiots killed him and me and i go "Dont shoot us when we are having a knife fight" and the guy is like yeah etc.

Only once i saw a guy do a good kill one of my favorites is running up being them then stabbing them in the back its more fun then killing em in the prone position.

Other then that any person that tries has failed.
SteikeTa
+153|6756|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
I got it too. On a full 64 sharqi server. Its very easy actually... ran around at the constrution site... had most of my kills there

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard