D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6786|Belgium
Hi Guys, Ok here's the question -I don't think it has been asked before, but don't shoot me if it has..-:
The Basic Pistol/Knife Badge is: 7 Kills IAR
The Vet. Pistol/Knife Badge is: 7 Kills IAR / 50 Global Pistol/Knife Kills
So I've noticed that a lot of people actually skipped the Basic Pistol/Knife ( in my case Pistol ) Badge and immediatly recieved the Vet. Badge because they already had 50+ Global Pistol/Knife Kills ..

But now the question is: Some Ranks/Medals require ALL the basic badges ( including Knife & Pistol ) ..
Will you still get the Rank/ ( Combat Infanrty ) Medal if you skipped the basic badge and immediatly got the Vet badge ?

I'm still FAR away from getting the rank or medal.. but I was just wondering, and thought maybe others who are closer would like to know as well as I :-)

Grtz, D34TH_D34L3R
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6818|-
That is a VERY good question. I'll look into answering that.
=|Q-BRT|=
+6|6813|[GER]_BERLIN
@death dealer

did u only got the veteran badge or did u got both at once?
lowyaukee
+2|6805

Q-BRT|= wrote:

@death dealer

did u only got the veteran badge or did u got both at once?
His sig only shows the vet pistol badge.
sinir
damned
+2|6789|Boston
I am in the same boat for both my pistol and knife badges, never got the basic version.  Ive been wondering about this for a while now, hopefully someone will come here and enlighten us
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6786|Belgium
lol.. thx, I thought that more people might be wondering the same ..
Hopefully we'll get answers ... Because if it is that we cannot get the medal ( or worse: the rank ) that requires the basic badge, but we do have the veteran badge.. Than EA should adjust that or they'll have a lot of players who are pissed 'cuz they can't rise in rank anymore .. :-)

But I am worried because if you look at this guy ( first on leader board ):

http://bf2s.com/player/44708151/

He has the requirements for the Combat Infanrty medal..
500+ Global playing hours, all Basic Combat Badges EXCEPT Knife & Pistol but immedialty got the Veteran Knife & Pistol Badges... and the last requirement for the medal is playing for 34minutes in a server..
And my guess is that chances are pretty big that he has done that since then.. And if you look further throughout the leading players, you'll see the scenerio repeat itself a few times more..

Grtz, D34TH_D34L3R

Last edited by D34TH_D34L3R (2005-08-30 01:17:15)

Jdren18_2RB
+0|6808|England
well guys i believe u should have it (im in the same boat with my knife badge)
but it said u have basic knife then immediatly after it said you have veteran badge
so it said i got the badge it just doesnt show up any where??
or at least im hoping that is what it is.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6799
If it turns out there is a bug with this (I did it with pistol) I imagine the number of angry e-mails EA will recieve will sort that out pretty sharpish. Most likely well before most people get to 500hrs played, probably with the next update.
BudRell
+2|6807|Home
you all cheat...stop cheating.

Lolz
sinir
damned
+2|6789|Boston
Not good fellas.   I went through and checked the top 5 ranked players.  Im pretty sure all of them have some form of all the badges.  Only the player that received the basic ones received the combat infantry medal.  Check for yourself, his name is [SI]black_jesus or something like that.  The guys above this player all have 500+ hours but either skipped the basic knife or pistol badges. 

WTF EA that SUCKS
sinir
damned
+2|6789|Boston
OK now Im really confused.  I continued to check the stats of players with over 500 hours played in the top 20 list.  Check out Sepander, has all basics except for pistol (has vet) and still got the combat infantry medal.  I don't know what to think now.
mr_bad_idea
Dead Man Walkin
+1|6796|Albuquerque, NM
  I'm thinking that the veteran badge counts for both seeing as how in BFHQ veteran badges replace basic ones on the list.
sinir
damned
+2|6789|Boston
Then all of the top 4 players should have that medal also since they meet all the req's for it.
mr_bad_idea
Dead Man Walkin
+1|6796|Albuquerque, NM
I dunno then .  Just a theory.
sinir
damned
+2|6789|Boston
Well Im stumped lol.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6808
They may not have gotten the time requirements for a round.  The Infantry medals all require a 34 minute round.  Maybe they just haven't had a 34 minute round yet.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6786|Belgium
Let us all hope so :-)
rofo
+0|6805|Austria, Europe
no...you definitly dont get it if you are missing the basic badges...

look @ my stats, missing the basic pistol badge and dont get the combat infantry medal...
played with a friend of mine on the same server a longer round and he got it and i didnt
http://www.paradroid.net/bf2stats/bf2st … d=43595638

we both have this mysterious total time played glitch in our stats as i mentioned in other posts...

Last edited by rofo (2005-09-05 02:52:29)

Freak Went Flier
+0|6813|Atlanta

rofo wrote:

no...you definitly dont get it if you are missing the basic badges...
Well thats bad news.  I'de been wondering the same.

BTW, You have so many badges / awards, I thought I was on ubar for a moment.

How can I get this time glitch? lol
Apocalypse416
The Sexiest Apocalypse
+55|6788
Funny thing is that all the time glitches I saw, it was on FuShee Pass and Sniper as a kit.
rofo
+0|6805|Austria, Europe

Apocalypse416 wrote:

Funny thing is that all the time glitches I saw, it was on FuShee Pass and Sniper as a kit.
then check it again....
http://bf2tracker.com/bf2leaderboards.p … timeplayed

there are some of everything, at, sniper, medic, assault, armor, plane....i think it depended what we played at the moment the glitch happend on the server we played...

@ freak went flier

if i could choose between all medals, badges, ribbons or accurate stats i still would choose the accurate stats...
dr4gonman
+0|6778
I did this with the pistol badges.  I had over 100 pistol kills, no badge at all.  As soon as I got the 7 pistol kills in a round for the basic badge I got them both.  Basic badge popped up immediately followed by the veteran badge. 

Don't know if that helps anyone but I figured it beared on the subject.
CannibalCorpse
+0|6782
:::looks at my Sig::: WWWWHHHHYYYYYY EA WWHHHHYYYYY
Apocalypse416
The Sexiest Apocalypse
+55|6788

rofo wrote:

Apocalypse416 wrote:

then check it again....
http://bf2tracker.com/bf2leaderboards.p … timeplayed

there are some of everything, at, sniper, medic, assault, armor, plane....i think it depended what we played at the moment the glitch happend on the server we played...

@ freak went flier

if i could choose between all medals, badges, ribbons or accurate stats i still would choose the accurate stats...
Your right about the kits, but look at the maps. I havent looked through them all, only about 10 of them, but they were all on FuShee Pass.
rofo
+0|6805|Austria, Europe
@ dr4gonman

same on my account, they both popped up but only did get the veteran...
to be honest i dont know if its a glitch, perhaps you only should have thought to go for the basic pistol / knife before reaching the amount of kills which are required for veteran....
however...maybe i get things sorted out, since i should be in contact with in-game staff cause of the 52 player time glitch in the next days...

but if you ever wanted to know how a "combat infantry medal" would look like on bf2s.com
a friend of mine got it (cause of the time glitch): http://bf2s.com/player/43595638/

@ Apocalypse416

sure they are all on fushe pass map since all those 52 players were on the same server as i was, EA AT Official 1 / Clan-Server.at / weidhas, 83.216.216.134:16567 on 18.August, when the glitch happend...so it was just the server not a bug in the map...and for 99,9% i think it wouldnt be reproduceable...

too bad for ea that such a glitch came up on a Official Server...since they always tell us play on offical ea ranked servers if you want your stats reported correctly...i would either prefer no stats reported then such a impossible amount of play time...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard