• Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Building this tommorow (Be sure to check for updates - 6000USD Rig)
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York

Marlboroman82 wrote:

you should just put some lights in a emachine and keep that rig for yourself
so true.  did this guy do the research or did the original poster.
JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong

siciliano732 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

Why do you have such a problem with people spending a lot of money on things they enjoy?

Look at all the people who drop thousands upon thousands of dollars on cars, boats, snowmobiles, ATV's, dirtbikes, guns, home theater stuff, and tons of seemingly "useless" other things.

Sure it will be "outdated" in 6 months to a year, but it isn't the best of the best to start with.

EDIT: lol if I owned those cars I'd want to drive them, not sit shotgun while my driver had all the fun.
I dunno, it just bothers me. Its pointless in my eyes.  Cars, Boats, and everything else above are not pointless luxuries.  You can get an amazing computer for like $2,000....I think that computer above is overkill.  I dunno, it just seems stupid and pointless to me.  I also thought that it was this kid droppin this money because he had nothing else to do with the money...if its some established millionaire...im not as shocked....but i still think its pointless and unnecessary.

JaMrulezass wrote:

siciliano732 wrote:

CrazeD wrote:

siciliano732 wrote:

WHY THOUGH? why would you spend that much money on a computer?!
Because he can?
yea, there are things i can do but i dont...why? BECAUSE ITS POINTLESS.  The way technology is advancing that crap will be outdated within 6 mo - 1 yr.

yea, i think thats what i am gathering.  had to read through the thread a couple times because it blows my  mind why someone would spend that much on a computer.  Atleast I HOPE its not him...but then again i dont understand why ANYONE would spend $6,500 on a computer.
Dont worry

This is for someone who lives in some 6000 square feet mansion with a Ferrari, Porsche, Land Rover and 3 personal drivers and most impressively, their own museum corridor.
lol, must be nice.  How did you find this guy and have him choose you to build this space station for him?  how much are you making out of the deal?
Being very generous since hes my friend. 1400 Hong Kong = 180 USD . However, my transport is free though
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York
your only gettin $180 from a $6k rig?  and your building it at his place?

your from hong kong?  im confused. lol. its still early here in New York.
CrazeD
+368|6674|Maine
Nah he uses Hong Kong currency, but he doesn't live there...
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York

CrazeD wrote:

Nah he uses Hong Kong currency, but he doesn't live there...
why is this stuff going over my head right now...lol.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6391|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
he prob buys the parts from hong kong thats y hes using their prices
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York
yea but why if there was a poster earlier who showed the same parts and all but for about $800 less from newegg?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

ohh, nice. Do want. No water cooling?

siciliano732 wrote:

yea but why if there was a poster earlier who showed the same parts and all but for about $800 less from newegg?
which is something like 13% difference. Not that much considering he didn't get the exact same parts

Last edited by max (2008-02-29 07:25:21)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong

siciliano732 wrote:

Yeah. Yes to all your questions. I know him, hes my friend, dont wanna take advantage of a friend THAT much

Everyones telling me, JAMES OMG! That guy is a spoilt rich fag who dosent even game. Why dont you build it at your place, swap all the parts from your computer to his computer and vice versa. And on top of that get the cash and run?

Answer, coz I'm an honest person.

Even better, James, tell him to give you the money to buy the stuff, get all the shit parts and take the rest of the money yourself.

I lol'd.
JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong

max wrote:

ohh, nice. Do want. No water cooling?
Tech noobs dont like complexity.
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York

JaMrulezass wrote:

siciliano732 wrote:

Yeah. Yes to all your questions. I know him, hes my friend, dont wanna take advantage of a friend THAT much

Everyones telling me, JAMES OMG! That guy is a spoilt rich fag who dosent even game. Why dont you build it at your place, swap all the parts from your computer to his computer and vice versa. And on top of that get the cash and run?

Even better, James, tell him to give you the money to buy the stuff, get all the shit parts and take the rest of the money yourself.

I lol'd.
naaa, that would be messed up. I would hope you wouldnt do that. Its your friend, you dont want to take advantage.  That will be a sweet computer to see but i still cannot see the rhyme or reason for it all but...its the guys money so...to each his own.

it is weird this guy doesnt game...what is he gonna use this thing for....AIM and Email?
JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong

siciliano732 wrote:

JaMrulezass wrote:

siciliano732 wrote:

I lol'd.
naaa, that would be messed up. I would hope you wouldnt do that. Its your friend, you dont want to take advantage.  That will be a sweet computer to see but i still cannot see the rhyme or reason for it all but...its the guys money so...to each his own.

it is weird this guy doesnt game...what is he gonna use this thing for....AIM and Email?
I asked him why in the first place and he said one of the following, correct answer dosent get you karma:

A. Browse the net and look for emails and to grow massive e-penor.

B. Hardcore Gaming

C. Hardcore mega-tasking requiring super computers.

Last edited by JaMrulezass (2008-02-29 07:31:34)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

Lemme guess A?

wouldn't something like a Falcon NW or a VoodooPC have a bigger e-penor factor?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

siciliano732 wrote:

WHY THOUGH? why would you spend that much money on a computer?!  for video games?!  where does real life kick in for you people? where does bills and a family start taking a toll?

i dont get it.
Depends on much cabbage you can break off.
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York
im going to assume "C" for $180.

lol
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

JaMrulezass wrote:

C. Hardcore mega-tasking requiring super computers.
Does he know there is a whole realm of hardware above this common consumer stuff
JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong

max wrote:

Lemme guess A?

wouldn't something like a Falcon NW or a VoodooPC have a bigger e-penor factor?
Everyones hopped onto the "Pre-built sucks, Self Build FTW" bandwagon lately. No clue why.
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6640|Montreal, Qc, Canada
He should go for SLI 8800GT
JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong

Andoura wrote:

GTS has bigger cooler and slightly faster.

I asked about Ultra 3 way and he asked me 'whats that' prolly like a dozen times and I hadda do a half hour lecture and in the end hes like. Oh no, thanks, 3 video cards sounds too much, I think 2's enough. and my other friend is like NO MAN! YOU NEED 3 GFX CARDS, ITS TODAYS STANDARDS. lawl.

And for all of you intrested to know where I get -------->MOST<---------- of my pricing, here it is. Not all of the prices are correct of course, some are outdated.

http://www.jumbo-computer.com/pricelist … peCode=CPU

Last edited by JaMrulezass (2008-02-29 07:45:08)

Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6686|Espoo, Finland
TBH, if money wan't an issue, I would get my self a 5000€ rig
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York

JaMrulezass wrote:

Andoura wrote:

GTS has bigger cooler and slightly faster.

I asked about Ultra 3 way and he asked me 'whats that' prolly like a dozen times and I hadda do a half hour lecture and in the end hes like. Oh no, thanks, 3 video cards sounds too much, I think 2's enough. and my other friend is like NO MAN! YOU NEED 3 GFX CARDS, ITS TODAYS STANDARDS. lawl.

And for all of you intrested to know where I get -------->MOST<---------- of my pricing, here it is. Not all of the prices are correct of course, some are outdated.

http://www.jumbo-computer.com/pricelist … peCode=CPU
no habla espanol.

i mean...chinese/japanese lol.
JaMrulezass
+47|6466|Hong Kong

Gawwad wrote:

HAHA! This isnt the most extreme of all though but I'm pretty damn sure that it is somewhere on the top 5 list on this forums.

I could make a couple changes if it were to be the best of the best

3-WAY SLI 8800 ULTRA
790I SLI with DDR3
8?16?GB of DDR3-1800
6 x 30" monitors
And an excess amount of SSD drives.
And a QX9770 (unreleased)

Hmmph, I dont think anyone is THAT sad though
siciliano732
+202|6650|New York

JaMrulezass wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

HAHA! This isnt the most extreme of all though but I'm pretty damn sure that it is somewhere on the top 5 list on this forums.

3-WAY SLI 8800 ULTRA
790I SLI with DDR3
8?16?GB of DDR3-1800
6 x 30" monitors

you forgot the comfy desk chair with 360 degree spinning so you can spin around and see the 6 30" monitors.

or you can get 3-4 of those Alienware curved monitors and put them in a complete circle...and then build an elevator to bring you up and down from your "gaming bubble"

^^or is that over-kill?

i wonder how much it would cost if you got the best of everything and completely maxed out....what are we lookin at?

Last edited by siciliano732 (2008-02-29 07:55:24)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
I'm sorry, but this is one of the worst 'all hats off, no budget' builds I've ever seen...

Poor RAM quantity/quality. Why not 8Gb DDR2? 4Gb DDR3?

Why the G92 GTS's? I know they perform marginally slower than the GTX, but still... if money is no object, you can get tri-SLI GTX's or just SLI'd Ultras. Twin them with a 26"+ monitor and I'm sure you'll milk the framerates and get his moneys' worth out of the card.

No sound-card at all? Bit of a strange thing to miss out considering they're no more than $250 for the top-end Gaming ones.

He's buying into such a gimmick with the Blu-Ray drive... I don't care about 'future investment'. There is no such thing as future investment when it comes to Blu-Ray. The main supporter and promoter of Blu-Ray technology was the Playstation 3... and that has fallen dead on its ass.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

siciliano732 wrote:

JaMrulezass wrote:

Gawwad wrote:

3-WAY SLI 8800 ULTRA
790I SLI with DDR3
8?16?GB of DDR3-1800
6 x 30" monitors

you forgot the comfy desk chair with 360 degree spinning so you can spin around and see the 6 30" monitors.

or you can get 3-4 of those Alienware curved monitors and put them in a complete circle...and then build an elevator to bring you up and down from your "gaming bubble"

^^or is that over-kill?

i wonder how much it would cost if you got the best of everything and completely maxed out....what are we lookin at?
If I ever become very rich, I will do that with the Alienware monitors, and buy you one for suggesting it to me. Imagine how fucking cool something like FSX would be! Obviously it wouldn't work very well for FPS games.
  • Index » 
  • Community » 
  • Tech » 
  • Building this tommorow (Be sure to check for updates - 6000USD Rig)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard