+3,611|6622|London, England
A Bridge Too Far is still my all time favourite WW2 film
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6538|Long Island, New York

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Damn good movie, but I don't think it rises to the level of Spielburgs WW2 classics.  No offense.
because it's less Hollywood?
Untergang shows the other side,

"most" hollywood WW2 films only shows one side and the Germans as demons. (few exceptions. BoB/some parts of Saving Private Ryan)
You forgot Das Boot! THAT was a good movie.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6553|Scotland

Mek-Izzle wrote:

A Bridge Too Far is still my all time favourite WW2 film
I used to always demand to watch that when I stayed with my Granda so I could stay up late as it's like 3 hours or something crazy.

He has like 2000 films. All war films cowboy films etc.
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6254|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
First bit reminds me of warlord, spawnkilling in the palace. Them Germans pkming in their pillboxes into the boats. Very very good movie. Reminds me of when I was there........**I'll get my coat**!!
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6622|London, England

daddyofdeath wrote:

First bit reminds me of warlord, spawnkilling in the palace. Them Germans pkming in their pillboxes into the boats. Very very good movie. Reminds me of when I was there........**I'll get my coat**!!
You placed the Bangalore's right?

*hands coat*
TrashBlinD
french canadians suck
+135|6643|can
Lol 36-1
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6691|Tampa Bay Florida

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

Don't forget Der Untergang (aka Downfall)
Damn good movie, but I dont think it rises to the level of Spielburgs WW2 classics.  No offense.
because it's less Hollywood?
Actually its got quite a few problems with its own historical accuracy, if you read about it.

There have been a lot of fine, fine films made on WW2.  But Schindlers List and Private Ryan are at the definite top.
firebolt5
+114|6156
Check out The Longest Day if you have the time (about 3 hours...)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056197/

Last edited by firebolt5 (2008-02-27 13:33:53)

Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6751|the middle of nowhere
Only seen a few minutes of it, but it was amazing.
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.
It was so good I got it twice...

Not really, I got a free copy with COD4 and I already had it.
Simon
basically
+838|6659|UK
Wow. Don't really know what else to say.
That was truly amazing, fucking epic. The ending. Spielberg at his best.

Last edited by Simon (2008-02-27 15:40:21)

kptk92
u
+972|6409|tc_london

jord wrote:

It was so good I got it twice...

Not really, I got a free copy with COD4 and I already had it.
Yawn
howler_27
+90|6688
If you enjoyed SPR, then you MUST rent or buy the Band of Brothers collection.  It will give you much more respect for what our forces accomplished in WWII.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6568|NYC / Hamburg

great movie, epic tank vs. pistol scene

c14u53w172 wrote:

shaving ryan's private is one of the worst war movies ever made. it is ridiculously solemn and patriotic. shame on you mr. hanks and mr. spielberg!
fair enough. The whole "we're holier than jesus" thing American war movies have is rather annoying. Especially if you look at the crimes the US committed during WWII. Anyhow, away from politics, back on topic

Last edited by max (2008-02-27 15:49:17)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
c14u53w172
+31|5999|tomania
shaving ryan's private is one of the worst war movies ever made. it is ridiculously solemn and patriotic. shame on you mr. hanks and mr. spielberg!
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6290|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

c14u53w172 wrote:

Coming from a German guy, yes.

Besides, it's not like patriotism is necessarily a bad thing.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
Simon
basically
+838|6659|UK

c14u53w172 wrote:

Did you not see the ending or something?
That could not be described as anything short of epic.
OmniDeath
~
+726|6645

White-Fusion wrote:

Epic film
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
War movies are awesome. Watched SPR couple times now, it rocks. Recommended by .Sup.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
c14u53w172
+31|5999|tomania

cowami wrote:

c14u53w172 wrote:

Coming from a German guy, yes.

Besides, it's not like patriotism is necessarily a bad thing.
this has nothing to do with my nationality. believe it or not. spr is just a bad movie (in terms of mr. spielberg, i think schindler's list is great)

great war movies are:

das boot, stalingrad, die brücke, apocalypse now, the thin red line, platoon...

bad war movies are:

black hawk down, tears of the sun, we were soldiers, enemy at the gates...
CC-Marley
+407|6829

SamTheMan:D wrote:

One of my favs
chittydog
less busy
+586|6836|Kubra, Damn it!

howler_27 wrote:

If you enjoyed SPR, then you MUST rent or buy the Band of Brothers collection.  It will give you much more respect for what our forces accomplished in WWII.
QFE. Get it. Watch it. Now.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6290|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

chittydog wrote:

howler_27 wrote:

QFE. Get it. Watch it. Now.
i concur
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6454|The Twilight Zone
Who voted "Bad"??
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
daddyofdeath
A REAL Combat Engineer in the house
+187|6254|UK Bradford W,Yorks. Age 27
I would love to see a film depicting the Falschirmjager landing at I think it was Finland (please correct me if wrong) and freeing the dictator Mussolini. They swooped in, in gliders and freed him then took off in a storch I think it was, as it was taxiing down the hastenly built strip it nose dived into the canyon before it regained altitude. Was  a daring and brilliant execution of freeing a hostage then extracting said hostage. The German paratroops were excellent in ww2.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard