Safrguns
+105|6130
I wonder what kind of infringements were taking place?
Was there any kind of problem with the types of videos that the gaming community uploads???

Or were people just uploading whole movies or something?

Whats the next best alternative???
Noobeater
Northern numpty
+194|6447|Boulder, CO
People were just uploading whole movies and whole series of shows.

Last edited by Noobeater (2008-02-25 09:21:35)

FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6690|Devon, England
I'd never even heard of it until someone said it's closing
r00ts
xD
+81|6542|Netherlands
thats sad news
jsnipy
+3,276|6522|...

It's ashamed when something beautiful comes along that the nickle and diming lawyers come and fuck it up over mythical damages.

I guess that is in keeping with how the itnernet has soured over the years.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6565|England

For fucks sake. Ive stopped using youtube for movies as Stage6 had the availability for high quality, uncompressed movies that you could actually work out what was going on.
Only other option is filefront, but that has a very bad habit of cutting out halfway though.

Tbh, they should have sold to facebook. Not as if they dont have the money or staff.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6453|The Twilight Zone
Ah that sucks. What a shame.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
voodoodolphins
+92|6702

FFLink13 wrote:

I'd never even heard of it until someone said it's closing
wtf how can you not have heard about stage6??? you missed out then
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6442|Stealth City, UK
I can't believe that not one of the big IT companies wanted in on this.......his explanation makes no sense.

A complete site, that a LOT of people use has got to be worth something to Google or Microsoft or somebody like that.

Even if it was for a nominal fee, they would have made a bit of money to help with other projects.

This pisses me off cause I used to watch all the Lost, Prison Break and Heroes along with a load of movies on there.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6527|London (At Heart)

My life is over.
Snowmanimal
Not so unique forum title
+30|6542|My head

PRLR wrote:

SamTheMan:D wrote:

Thats why I fucking couldn't upload

EDIT:
also
feb 28th is my b day
Gratz The 27th is mine
mine was yesterday (24th)

I will have to download my favorite movies from there and move our clan sites storage of movies once again.
Commie Killer
+192|6386
Damnit, now all we got is YouTube......looks like Im done watching user made movies.
MAGUIRE93
High Angle Hell
+182|6194|Schofield Barracks
o noes!
Miniman7474
Banned.
+30|6198|Daqing Oilfields?
Crap

I loved the quality, what now?
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6508|Los Angeles, California
Noo...

*tear*
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6681|Disaster Free Zone

buLLet_t00th wrote:

I can't believe that not one of the big IT companies wanted in on this.......his explanation makes no sense.

A complete site, that a LOT of people use has got to be worth something to Google or Microsoft or somebody like that.

Even if it was for a nominal fee, they would have made a bit of money to help with other projects.

This pisses me off cause I used to watch all the Lost, Prison Break and Heroes along with a load of movies on there.
Then you are quiet possibly the reason it's shutting down.

And a company does not want to buy into a site that is illegally distributing copy write videos.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2008-02-25 20:15:41)

bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6689|London, UK
Well at least joox will continue
I'm Jamesey
Do a Research Noob
+506|6132|Scotland!

bullit wrote:

???
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6442|Stealth City, UK

DrunkFace wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

Then you are quiet possibly the reason it's shutting down.

And a company does not want to buy into a site that is illegally distributing copy write videos.
Nah, I watched the videos, I didn't put them on Stage6.

bullit wrote:

But without videos from Stage6 (so expect less quality).

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2008-02-26 02:15:24)

Salinity1
+2|6344

Thanks for the news though.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6689|London, UK

I'm Jamesey wrote:

bullit wrote:

???
Check out their forums
AKSnipes
+12|6302
I no www.gametrailers.com has pretty good quality for vids, i dont no the resolution but its a hell of alot better than youtube or google video. Its a pretty good site aswell. I dont think there is a upload limit either which is cool. Hope this helps.
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6197|Winland

When I finally get the internet capacity to stream video from it...!
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
TravisC555
+118|6219|Cox Convention Center, OK

OrangeHound wrote:

I think I figured out what is really going on ... it is the lawyers again.   Stage6 / DivX are losing court battles over content posted on their site, and they do not have enough financial resources to continue the legal battles:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/63562-c … e6-pirates
The TV Links website (Had many Movies, episodes of TV shows, documentaries, cartoons, etc) also got shutdown by lawyers, they didn't even host the videos, they just merely linked to them from other sites.  It is a shame when popular sites like this are forced to shut down.

Last edited by TravisC555 (2008-02-26 06:42:56)

RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6565|Area 51

AKSnipes wrote:

I no www.gametrailers.com has pretty good quality for vids, i dont no the resolution but its a hell of alot better than youtube or google video. Its a pretty good site aswell. I dont think there is a upload limit either which is cool. Hope this helps.
True, Gametrailers has a pretty awesome quality too.

btw..your sig is too big

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard