M1-Lightning
Jeepers Creepers
+136|6740|Peoria, Illinois
I'd like to see:

*New Maps

All kinds of different terrained maps (desert, snow, mountains,rivers,oceans, urban etc.).
USA cities
More game modes than cap the flag like deathmatch, king of the hill, breifcase football, etc.
More indoor maps, building to building firefights.
Equal amount of air and urban maps.
At least one infantry only map.
Underground tunnels to evade armor and air vehicles.

*New Kits

Knife, pistol, and grenade upgrades.
Wrench, first aid, and ammo upgrades.
Interchangable kits - I'd rather have regular grenades than a smoke grenade.
Proximity mines that stick to anything (and don't hurt teammates).
Laptop guns that stick to walls like in "Perfect Dark".
C4 that sticks to people.
Binoculars.
Laser designators for auto pinpoint missile strike (small splash area).
Security cameras that create mini UAV (without the rotating line and noise; just shows troops in that area)

*New Vehicles

A gunboat that holds as many as the Rhib boat and just as fast but has armor and an APC cannon on it.
C130 Hercules for parachuting troops and Humvees.
Single seat attack heli for attacking infantry with dual miniguns but has weak armor protection.
AC-130 Spectre ( Would be like Blackhawk but it would be a plane with only two gunners and no passengers/no repairs)
Anti Tank vehicles, Interchangable Tow/.50 cal on humvees, Mobile TOW missile launcher.
Mobile Artillery

*New Commander Abilities

Biowarfare that lowers enemy health by certain percentage in target area.
Propaganda/Morale booster that increases friendly troops' sprint, health, and accuracy in target area.
Vehicle airdrops
Can only command from within a certain bunker that is indestructable.
Team points awarded to both squads and commander for accomplished tasks.
Different methods of attack rather than just artillery like AC-130 Spectre, A10 Thunderbolts, Napalm.
Large smoke cloud cover for troop movements.

*New Awards

Grenade badge
Espionage badge (Destroyed commander assets)
Medic Medal total number of revives/heals
Support Medal for total number of resupplies
Repair Medal for total number of repairs
Purple heart awarded to someone who takes enemy fire and kills a certain number of people while wounded.
Service ribbons and medals awarded to squad leaders who obey commander orders and to squad members who obey squad leader orders.
War College Ribbon awarded only to commander win/loss ratio.
Extra team points for all players who spend more than 50% of their round time on winning team so it would be award to players who were switch to losing team at last second and not to players who switched to winning team at last second.
Medals awarded for total number of team wins.
Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

They need to add some blood!

That purple heart Idea would be hard. it would be hard to kill a ceratin amount of people while ur injured. knowing EA, they would want you at one bar of health, and to kill 30 people at the same time ahaha

but i like the idea of the plane that drops off Humvees, that would be sweet to put like a large parachute on a humvee (with you inside) and drop it outta plane. that would be soo cool.

Last edited by ryan_14 (2006-01-04 15:46:25)

metalfoot
+0|6734
-Mobile Howitsers like In DC instead of a no skill commander asset.
-Qwick ropeing out of Transport choppers.
-Rocket pods on the BH like in the preview video.
-Rated M
-cool infintry/vehicle skins like clan sigs on the tale of an Airplane.
-UAVs that only see visible objects, Not consealed snipers/guys in buildings/choppers and planes over a certain hight/guys behind walls.
-MY M82!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Vehicles show physical damage(not just smoke)
-Trees that dont withstand bombs, tanks, C4, and are inflamable
-Support guns that are relistic
Ryan
+1,230|6852|Alberta, Canada

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

The 2 in BF2 stands for 2000 or modern times.

This makes sense since this is technically the THIRD BF game.

BF3 would mean Battlefield in the 3rd millenium....

Mechwarrior, anyone?
Why can;t it just mean Battlefeidl 2? its like star wars 1, star wars 2, star wars 3.

the 2 is ther ebecause its the sequel to BF1942
Vartan
+10|6752|Belgium
People like the fancy schwanzy story of "2 stands for 2000 warfare"

I would kill myself the day I see a "Battlefield" be all lazer and robots
oberst_enzian
+234|6752|melb.au
wasn't battlefield:vietnam the sequel to 1942? that would make this the third in the franchise, so 2 does signify something differnent then "sequel"
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6857|-
I think DICE should leave Battlefield 3 up to some of the bigger mod teams. Some mods that are coming out are really interesting, like Shattered-Faith, that would be fucking awesome as a stand-alone game.
<-URS->Firefly
+0|6721|Pomfrett, MD

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

I think DICE should leave Battlefield 3 up to some of the bigger mod teams. Some mods that are coming out are really interesting, like Shattered-Faith, that would be fucking awesome as a stand-alone game.
like he said, if all of you guys that want to play with future tech sign up for RoK (Rise of Kobol www.riseofkobol.com ) otherwise i think BF3 should be set entirely in either Nortk Korea, or in Alternate reality Europe after Soviet Invastion.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6857|"Frisco"

Laaksone wrote:

I wish changeable kits. Like there is some army base where you can choose what ever you want to take. And of course there should be a carry limit, so you can't carry more than 100lbs shit with you.
If you have ever played NSCO (Navy Seals: Covert Operations, a quake 3 mod) that's what you're likely to see in BF3. But know this for sure, the permanence and MMORPG aspects are going to come into play more often -- either on a per game basis, or a global basis. Expect Ranked Servers again.

I, for one, am very much looking forward to BF3.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6723|Purplicious Wisconsin

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

The 2 in BF2 stands for 2000 or modern times.

This makes sense since this is technically the THIRD BF game.

BF3 would mean Battlefield in the 3rd millenium....

Mechwarrior, anyone?
No, the 2 doesn't mean 2000, the 2 is nothing, bf2 is considered bf3 depending on what you think.

Anyway i'd think either a remake of bf1942 with 8 classes(got all of them planned) , remake of bf2 with 8 classes, or make it sci-fi.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6708|Illinois
Why does everyone always say alternate cold war histories are where the Soviet Union invaded someone?  It could just as easily (and perhaps much more interestingly) be if the US (and NATO) invaded the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact.

That being said, who doesn't want to reenact Red Dawn with BF2?

Last edited by PitViper401 (2006-01-04 19:27:30)

Duramen1
+0|6759|wa,usa
well from every other game that has come out with a 2 after it its been because its the second engine (new game engine = new game.

example

half-life   half-life 2  but are different engines
the quakes
the doom games
wolfenstien
unreal 

they all have expantions such as battlefield veitnam is for battlefield1942
and they all have sequals that use new game engines that are sequentaly numbered
so it would be reasonable to say its battlefield 2 because its a new engine

if it was for the new mellenium i would expet them to use all 4 numbers 2000 like they did in 1942.
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6746|Aus
1. Futuristic BF, it's called starwars battlefront(andSW:BF2)
2. If BFV counts then what about DC and Secret weapons? that makes this BF5, not 3. 
it's the second BF engine so it could just mean 2 or it could mean 2000
3. How about we make it set in ancient times and have armies like ninjas and pirates! 
4. Or we could make BF3 affect RL, and fight for countries, then Korea will get the world domination they deserve!
5. err, could someone stop that guy from killing himself since SW:BF is BF with lasers and stuff?
kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6746|Aus

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Could be the engine.. that is entirely plausible.

But Vietnam is NOT an expansion to 1942. You didn't need 1942 to play it, thus Vietnam is no expansion regardless of the engine it uses.
Or it's a mod that installs itself with the game!
Duramen1
+0|6759|wa,usa
just because you don't need 1942 to play vietnam doesn't mean its not the same engine

again example

the (blue shield) or something   was a halflife game where you were barney the security guard and not gordan freeman didn't need half life but was the same engine.

an old game called Heritec was a midevil/magic game (love that game by the way) and it used the original quake engine (that or the doom engine)

so i guess the word expantion is a poor choice but they are  not sequals eather lets call them extentions of the engine. will that work and explain it all?

Last edited by Duramen1 (2006-01-05 01:27:19)

Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6719|Sweden
Yeah, whats the story with BFV? It's no expansion nor is it a sequel??
Viper86DK
+1|6698
Ryan 14

Bullshit..

I was a driver in my Recon squad once. And when you leave for patrol, the driver is the Anti-tank guy. I had MORE than one 84mm grenade with me
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6783|Noizyland

BFV was a sequal, but it was kind of made to look like an expansion. BF2 was planned and announced very soon after BFV.

Okay, it is 1:17 AM now, and I'm pissed off because I couldn't find a song that I wanted to download in Limewire, ('Case' by Dimmer,) so I'm going to add my little wishlist.

Okay, so when BF2 was announced, I was fucken excited - for one main reason.

1) They said FULLY destructable environments.

I know how difficult this would be to make, but they promised! I was starting to really look forward to planting explosives on a wall and making a quick door for myself. I was very disapointed when I tried this and achieved nothing. Hell, the only destructable environments turned out to be those barrels, gas trailers and those thin wooden fences. Not cool.

I'd also like to see a realistic accuracy for Sniper rifles. The whole deviation rule means that sniper's bullets can go in 100,00 different directions, if only slightly, which real Sniper Rifles are designed not to do. They only way Snipers hit anywhere else but where they're aiming is bullet-drop, wind resistance, air pressure, and humidity. It has nothing to do with the rifle. Since wind is not a factor in BF2, the bullets pretty much fly off slightly in any random direction, which is not true to a Sniper. I like the whole bullet drop thing though, that's okay.

Whoo... awards. I like the awards and ranks and stuff. It's an awesome and catchy idea, but I don't think so much emphasis should be taken on awards and stats. It just takes aways from the game, and knowing that that one death will be recorded for all time, or the fact that you ran over six teammates and ended the round with a .38 kill:death ratio will be broadcast to the world takes away from the fun. I don't know how they'd sort this out, maybe have a 'panel' judge people's performance and award medals on that, or maybe the commander can recommend good soldiers for awards, EA or whoever's running it looks at the person, who is submitted, and judges on that. I don't know, too complicated and I'm just talking out of my arse here.

I'm not too keen on laser weapons, especially since playing Battlefront and Battlefront two as a Sniper. Those lasers are so damn slow you have to lead a target by so much and by the time the shot gets to them they've finished their picnic and moved on.

My insanely ridiculous and complicated, improbable but really cool idea, is that have "Battlefield 3: Century of War." We'd have everything from the Boer war to Modern BF2 era warfare, (maybe not Boer War, start at WW1 maybe.) They'd be a huge array of maps and the choices would be endless. We'd be using weapons and tactics from single shot rifles and trench warfare to the weapons we're using now. So much choice it'd be awesome.

Oh, and I hope EA do a similar thing with BF2 that they did with BFV. They made a mod so that BFV had the 1942 maps as well, but greatly improved.

O-okay, it is now 1:33 AM, I'm going to bed. Still couldn't find that damn song.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6723|Purplicious Wisconsin
The 2 in battlefield 2 probly means second engine now that has been mentioned since bf2 is based on 2007, not 2000.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6718|Charlie One Alpha

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

War Man wrote:

The 2 in battlefield 2 probly means second engine now that has been mentioned since bf2 is based on 2007, not 2000.
The technology used in the game is mostly 1980's-90's. The F2000 is an exception. The year 2000 gives you a pretty good idea of the timeframe we're in without getting into specifics.

As for fully destructable environments... I don't think any system could handle that right now. The physics involved to make a game where every piece of structure and land is disposable would be mind boggling.
Er, anyone recall a little game called Red Faction?
It did, in fact, have fully destructible environments. There were some limits to it, but that was several years ago, with the advances that have been made in the meanwhile, it should be possible.

Last edited by LaidBackNinja (2006-01-05 20:22:01)

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard