Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6475|Communist Republic of CA, USA
https://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080221/capt.xdmv13402211844.aptopix_serbia_kosovo_independence_xdmv134.jpg?x=400&y=287&sig=kD3gEJqk3SY6plmEvH5TkA--

BELGRADE, Serbia - Serb rioters set fire to an office inside the U.S. Embassy Thursday and police clashed with protesters outside other embassy buildings after a large demonstration against Kosovo's declaration of independence.
Article Here

Raw Video of Riot

I'm pretty sure that attacking a US Embassy isn't a very good way to get what you want...

Last edited by Major.League.Infidel (2008-02-21 16:05:35)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6564|NYC / Hamburg

Doesn't NATO have forces down there? Seems like the military should be able to stop that
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War

max wrote:

Doesn't NATO have forces down there? Seems like the military should be able to stop that
There were Marine Guards present, but they were on the other side of the compound.  Thankfully, the embassy building itself was unoccupied at the time.  And it's not like the military could muster up forces to stop a riot in any quick amount of time.  You'd have to rely on the police, who aparrantly did their job.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6564|NYC / Hamburg

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

max wrote:

There were Marine Guards present, but they were on the other side of the compound.  Thankfully, the embassy building itself was unoccupied at the time.  And it's not like the military could muster up forces to stop a riot in any quick amount of time.  You'd have to rely on the police, who aparrantly did their job.
the protests have been going on for some time, so they did have a bit of warning. But all the better if the police did their job
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6460|Tyne & Wear, England
If theres a hostage situation just send in the SAS.
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
IRONCHEF
+385|6488|Northern California
I don't think they burned it to get what they wanted, they burnt it because the US (and others) has pretty much give Kosovo their independence.  I don't blame the Serbs.  Glad there was only one charred body inside and not more.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War

IRONCHEF wrote:

I don't think they burned it to get what they wanted, they burnt it because the US (and others) has pretty much give Kosovo their independence.  I don't blame the Serbs.  Glad there was only one charred body inside and not more.
Yeah I realize that, but it still seems like a dumb idea.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

IRONCHEF wrote:

You don't blame them for setting fire to a building?  Well gee, maybe we should set fire to one of their buildings somewhere for setting fire to ours.
IRONCHEF

usmarine wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

You don't blame them for setting fire to a building?  Well gee, maybe we should set fire to one of their buildings somewhere for setting fire to ours.
It's like I'm talking to a friggen child here.  Are you seriously that dense that you can't understand the basic concept of speech?  DO I really have to condescend again to make sense to you?

Ok, here goes..

The people didn't like their country torn apart.  They felt bad.  They don't like our country for engineering or supporting the torn apart country.  They retaliated in a way that was angry.  They felt better about burning our building.  I don't blame them for being mad and burning the building.

Are we cool now?

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-21 16:36:29)

usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

IRONCHEF wrote:

The people didn't like their country torn apart.  They felt bad.  They don't like our country for engineering or supporting the torn apart country.  They retaliated in a way that was angry.  They felt better about burning the building.  I don't blame them for being mad and burning the building.
Well maybe they should not have ethnically cleansed people in the part of the world a few years ago, then they would not have that problem.  Just a thought.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-02-21 16:39:04)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6552
Can't exactly say this was unexpected.
IRONCHEF

usmarine wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

The people didn't like their country torn apart.  They felt bad.  They don't like our country for engineering or supporting the torn apart country.  They retaliated in a way that was angry.  They felt better about burning the building.  I don't blame them for being mad and burning the building.
Well maybe they should not have ethnically cleansed people in the part of the world a few years ago, then they would not have that problem.  Just a thought.
Good point.  However, those are completely separate things.  If they're connected in any way, it would stem from Kosovo thinking the US would keep "helping" them now as they go independent.  Hopefully we'll not hold Serbia's hand as they rightfully take Kosovo back or help Kosovo stay independent.  They are abusing their help and should be dealt with, locally.  And since Bush probably doesn't give a crap about Kosovo (Bush support non-oil producing Muslims?), which was Clinton's bag, I doubt the US will participate.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-21 16:48:45)

GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6641
wouldnt it make more sense to break into kosovo?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

wouldnt it make more sense to break into kosovo?
Yeah and have all of Western civilization come down upon you like a tonne of bricks.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina
Maybe we could just go ahead and burn the Serbian embassy here in response. 
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

The US did not "give" Kosovo their independence. We, and Europe's major powers, recognized them. It is not the same thing, independence was taken by the people of Kosovo. All members of the Security Council, except for Russia, have supported their independence prior to this. The Majority of actual support comes from the EU.

The sooner Europe learns that they will live by the EU or die by the EU the better. I tend to lean towardse death by the EU. However, this wishy washy stuff is not only counter productive, it's dangerous.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Maybe we could just go ahead and burn the Serbian embassy here in response. 
I think they stomped off like a pissed off teenager when we recognized Kosovo.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6689|Calgary
Problem is that for some reason, if something goes wrong, its always the fault of the USA.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

It's like I'm talking to a friggen child here.  Are you seriously that dense that you can't understand the basic concept of speech?  DO I really have to condescend again to make sense to you?

Ok, here goes..

The people didn't like their country torn apart.  They felt bad.  They don't like our country for engineering or supporting the torn apart country.  They retaliated in a way that was angry.  They felt better about burning our building.  I don't blame them for being mad and burning the building.

Are we cool now?
So Kosovo doesn't deserve its independence? 

They should be mad at their asshole leaders if they were sorry they got bombed, to be honest.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina
Amen to that, Spearhead.   Serbs suck anyway.
Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6125|817---->907
Serbs are beautiful people
https://i.cnn.net/si/pr/video/sports/2003/02/09/peja_one.jpg
Moo? Si!
Tall, Dark, Antlered
+39|6125|817---->907

blademaster wrote:

Moo? Si! wrote:

Serbs are beautiful people
http://i.cnn.net/si/pr/video/sports/200 … ja_one.jpg
damn straight fucking U.S. Embassy hahaha and the U.S. gov for supporting the terrorist Albanians.

Turquoise wrote:

Amen to that, Spearhead.   Serbs suck anyway.
Suck my dick mother fucker!
inb4ban

How are those chicken nuggets and fail sauce?
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6620|EU

GG Serbs!
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6321|New Haven, CT
Considering what Serbia has done to Kosovo already, I don't think they are really in a position to be whining about this happening.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6826|Grapevine, TX
I heard on the news that the one body recovered from the fire was one of the trespassers. Man failed arson, is a shitty way to go out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard