Poll

Should Moderate Muslims Speak Out Reagrdless of the Consequences?

Yes, otherwise they are supporting the Extremists71%71% - 37
I can't blame them if they don't speak out28%28% - 15
Total: 52
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6017|...

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

lol, owned again.
not going to discuss things with you.  I can talk to serge just fine, but you are a douche.
They were just simple questions.  You chose to not talk to me because you know damn well you couldn't answer my simple, honest questions.  Are moderate muslims without excuse when given the choice to rat out terrorists or not? 

Hence the ownage.  I take very few debate victories from this forum, and i don't gloat much..but with you, your behavior, your malcontent for humanity and adult conversation...you earned that.  Hope it gets under your skin.
You turned over the discussion from muslims in western countries speaking up to muslims in the ME under strict sharia law.

There is no victory.

Lay off douche.
inane little opines
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

IRONCHEF wrote:

usmarine wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

lol, owned again.
not going to discuss things with you.  I can talk to serge just fine, but you are a douche.
They were just simple questions.  You chose to not talk to me because you know damn well you couldn't answer my simple, honest questions.  Are moderate muslims without excuse when given the choice to rat out terrorists or not? 

Hence the ownage.  I take very few debate victories from this forum, and i don't gloat much..but with you, your behavior, your malcontent for humanity and adult conversation...you earned that.  Hope it gets under your skin.
I answered that with serge if you would read the thread.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

IRONCHEF wrote:

lol, owned again.

Oh yeah, here you go smart guy.  Here's why you and your butt buddy keep calling me washout, since you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
•     Partial list of disqualifying medical diagnoses:
      o     Vision not correctable to 20/20
      o     Substandard color vision (Does not apply for Marine Corps or Nurse Option)
      o     History of asthma
      o     Acute or chronic cardiac/pulmonary conditions
      o     Chronic skin disorders such as:
      •     Psoriasis

Yep, in 1990, when you were probably flicking boogers on girls, I was enlisting to serve my country...Denied because of a 1" patch of dry skin on my back.  Hell of a washout story, eh?
too bad I knew people who served with that same condition. 

wash out.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6846|Grapevine, TX

(T)eflon(S)hadow wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Haha, nice.  This kind of response can only mean one thing. 

Oh, and when you said 1.5 billion muslims...no excuse, then that applies to all of 'em (not like you'd think some are different than others, right?).  And i think it's safe to say you CAN'T think honestly or with any semblance of reality, hence your reply.  But it's cool, keep talkin' your shit..as long as you feel good about it, that's what matters.
^^ This is coming from a guy that blames all the the problems with America on one guy. The President of the United States.
You should really re-read your reply, to your self. Take it to heart and find meaning in your own thoughts. You might learn something coming from your own conscience.

IRONCHEF wrote:

How bout YOU read what I wrote...you and some other assclown..oh yeah, it was usmarine, failed to see that i did include the congress and senate in my rant as I announced Bush's new record poll.  I didn't blame all the problems of this country on Bush, just the ones he's responsible for in context with his astounding poll.

zzzzzzz...you are tiring.
I was hoping you could just be honest with your self, that was my sincere intention. Some people do not have the constitution to be honest with themselves. Sad really, but the US Constitution also gives you the right to be a moron. It's ok I did my part in protecting that freedom for you; I dont seek anything in return. Carry on.
DeathBecomesYu
+171|6197

sergeriver wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Strong enough?  There insn't one.  Extremists are deluded, they blow themselves with C4.  What can you expect?  The moderate ones have family and friends too.  Would you risk your family?
I thought radical Islam wasn't a problem! That is all I hear in these forums about how small the problem is and now you are saying that it is a problem, especially for Muslims who are in fear of radical Islam??
When did I say that RADICAL ISLAM wasn't a problem?  Of course it's a problem, but you can't generalize about the whole Muslim Community.  That's what I say.  Pretty simple tbh.
And as you know from my previous posts, I don't generalize and always make a distinction between moderate and radical Islam. A lot of people here just blow radical Islam off...meaning, they say its just a small group of wackos when in fact they are very organized and deliberate in what they do. We only hear about the bombings, the be-headings from the news but these groups go much further than that in their propaganda, harassment and vandalism against moderates in so many places that you lose count.

I will be more specific, you recognize the heart of the problem...many people on these forums don't and they think this problem will just blow away like a candle in the wind. There are plenty of wake up calls happening, some moderates see it, many people just ignore it.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

IRONCHEF wrote:

lol, owned again
you were

dont make me call DHS, Ive got their number on speed dial.

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-21 11:39:59)

IRONCHEF
+385|6508|Northern California

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

lol, owned again.

Oh yeah, here you go smart guy.  Here's why you and your butt buddy keep calling me washout, since you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
•     Partial list of disqualifying medical diagnoses:
      o     Vision not correctable to 20/20
      o     Substandard color vision (Does not apply for Marine Corps or Nurse Option)
      o     History of asthma
      o     Acute or chronic cardiac/pulmonary conditions
      o     Chronic skin disorders such as:
      •     Psoriasis

Yep, in 1990, when you were probably flicking boogers on girls, I was enlisting to serve my country...Denied because of a 1" patch of dry skin on my back.  Hell of a washout story, eh?
too bad I knew people who served with that same condition. 

wash out.
Hmm...so I should have just told the examiner to screw himself cuz GS knows people who served with the condition?  My dad served int he army for 11 years but he made it in before he was diagnosed...maybe I should go cry because I wasn't able to convince the friggen marine corp I'm good to go!  lol  unbelievable the reasoning that comes out of your mouth..at least you're more bearable than usm.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

DeathBecomesYu wrote:

I thought radical Islam wasn't a problem! That is all I hear in these forums about how small the problem is and now you are saying that it is a problem, especially for Muslims who are in fear of radical Islam??
When did I say that RADICAL ISLAM wasn't a problem?  Of course it's a problem, but you can't generalize about the whole Muslim Community.  That's what I say.  Pretty simple tbh.
And as you know from my previous posts, I don't generalize and always make a distinction between moderate and radical Islam. A lot of people here just blow radical Islam off...meaning, they say its just a small group of wackos when in fact they are very organized and deliberate in what they do. We only hear about the bombings, the be-headings from the news but these groups go much further than that in their propaganda, harassment and vandalism against moderates in so many places that you lose count.

I will be more specific, you recognize the heart of the problem...many people on these forums don't and they think this problem will just blow away like a candle in the wind. There are plenty of wake up calls happening, some moderates see it, many people just ignore it.
Well, Radical Islam is a problem and the world must fight it.  However, the question is: how do you fight the extremists whithout violating the moderate ones rights?  And how do moderate Muslims speak out without putting their lives at risk?  That's all I want to know about this issue.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

IRONCHEF wrote:

unbelievable the reasoning that comes out of your mouth
Im typing with my fingers.

dude, its a bf2 forum, you seem to be taking this a whole lot more personal that you should be.  Did I get angry when you wished an IED on me?  No, others did though.

but I find it strange that you keep changing your story.  Was it the Marine Corps or the Army that you quit from?

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2008-02-21 11:45:50)

steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6399|the land of bourbon
maybe the labels of moderates and extremists are incorrect for this particular poll.  if a so-called moderate knows about/encourages/takes part in a terrorist plot, i definitely would not consider them "moderate."  i understand a moderate muslim to be someone who follows the laws of islam within reason, meaning they understand violence is not the way of their faith.  anyone who resorts to violence would be considered extreme, including those who support it. 

not being a whistleblower about knowing a terrorist attack is about to happen is a much different situation than actually supporting the violence.  there are myriad factors that determine whether someone could come forward with information.  trying to generalize the entire muslim population is not really being fair to them.  everyone is in a different situation, from the college professor in america to the opium farmer in afghanistan...

Last edited by steelie34 (2008-02-21 11:48:08)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina
What I don't get is while in the other poll most people answered they would not speak out against a criminal organization unless certain conditions are met, here most people said that moderate Muslims should speak out regardless of the consequences.
steelie34
pub hero!

sergeriver wrote:

What I don't get is while in the other poll most people answered they would not speak out against a criminal organization unless certain conditions are met, here most people said that moderate Muslims should speak out regardless of the consequences.
correct... i totally agree.  i've been trying to point out this whole time that while they are expecting muslims to protest terrorism, they do nothing to protest our own faults.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6017|...

sergeriver wrote:

Apart from that muslims in europe should speak out. They have nothing to fear and could be the most important factor in the war on terror.
inane little opines
IRONCHEF

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

dude, its a bf2 forum, you seem to be taking this a whole lot more personal that you should be.  Did I get angry when you wished an IED on me?  No, others did though.

but I find it strange that you keep changing your story.  Was it the Marine Corps or the Army that you quit from?
Changing my story?  I think you're mixing up the comments of others. I think you heard me say "soldiers" or "hooah" when referencing military and thinking I didn't know the difference between marines and soldiers (or that there is a difference), so you probably assumed I had enlisted in the army instead..which I did not.  I did wish IED death on the guys beating down on the kids, which wish I have since retracted, I probably privately wished it on you, though now I do not, of course (the DHS threat really got to me).  I'm not taking this a whole lot more personal than I should be, I'm quite jovial that I silenced usmarine's yap (it's more of a game, actually) and am pretty happy about reading Ted Nugent's 2a comments.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-21 12:02:02)

sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina

dayarath wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Apart from that muslims in europe should speak out. They have nothing to fear and could be the most important factor in the war on terror.
Maybe.  But let's be honest.  How many times did you take part in a protest?  I've never been to one.
steelie34
pub hero!

dayarath wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

no one yet has said exactly how they should speak out.  i am sure all moderate muslims would denounce violence, what do you want them to do?
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6017|...

sergeriver wrote:

Maybe.  But let's be honest.  How many times did you take part in a protest?  I've never been to one.
Well, I'm young and in my time I haven't really seen a protest that was worth going to.
inane little opines
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661

IRONCHEF wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

IRONCHEF wrote:

Changing my story?  I think you're mixing up the comments of others. I think you heard me say "soldiers" or "hooah" when referencing military and thinking I didn't know the difference between marines and soldiers (or that there is a difference), so you probably assumed I had enlisted in the army instead..which I did not.  I did wish IED death on the guys beating down on the kids, which wish I have since retracted, I probably privately wished it on you, though now I do not, of course (the DHS threat really got to me).  I'm not taking this a whole lot more personal than I should be, I'm quite jovial that I silenced usmarine's yap (it's more of a game, actually) and am pretty happy about reading Ted Nugent's 2a comments.
I distinctly recall you telling me that you enlisted in the Army.  Im willing to give you the benfit of the doubt and just assume Im mistaken.  But still, you talk a lot of shit about our all volunteer military.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|6017|...

steelie34 wrote:

no one yet has said exactly how they should speak out.  i am sure all moderate muslims would denounce violence, what do you want them to do?
Protest in front of Iranian embassies or the likes (peaceful ofcourse) If all the people protesting are muslims it would be 'breaking news' for quite some time.
inane little opines
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6661
I knew plenty of muslims that spoke up against the terrorists.  Problem is, most of them are dead now.
462nd NSP653
Devout Moderate, Empty Head.
+57|6701

RoosterCantrell wrote:

Inb4Lowing   

Anyway, When a christian nut goes crazy and kills his wife, or goes crazy, other christians don't speak up, there is no need to.  While Muslims are associated with controversy,  it's not thier fault, not thier problem.  They can if they want to, and that'sa good thing, but should never feel obligated.

The problem is, is associating Muslims with the extremists in the first place.  They are just totally seperate type of people, with the same god, basically.
Not comparable.  Now, if a large group (several hundred or more) Christians did such, openly declared a crusade against another group, waged 'holy war' etc....then yes, you would see an outcry.  Now to maybe make a point to support the comment....many Muslim groups DO speak out, condemn and even attempt to fight the radicals.
IRONCHEF

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

I distinctly recall you telling me that you enlisted in the Army.  Im willing to give you the benfit of the doubt and just assume Im mistaken.  But still, you talk a lot of shit about our all volunteer military.
Thank you for the benefit of the doubt.  If it was said, it was not true...unless, now that I think of it...6 years ago (i was 30) I talked with a Army National Guard recruiter and asked him if he could guarantee me I would not be deployed outside of the country if I enlisted (I figured after 9/11 they could overlook psoriasis), he then lied to me and said NG doesn't go outside the US.  I researched, talked to an Army JAG attorney I work with, and found the president would call NG for international affairs if he wants to, legal or not..so I didn't join the NG...not that I could.  I may have mentioned that here.

As for the volunteer military shit talking?  I believe I did talk shit about how American soldiers were doing in Iraq in the context that we regularly claim to be the most superior military in the world, yet home made bombs are routing our efforts daily.  I think that's when I suggested our military use jamming equipment at the head of convoys to disturb incoming cell calls from bombers...of course that part was ignored and I was labeled ungrateful of our troops...you know, the normal reading comprehension abilities of the forum as they are and all...

Anyway, sorry Serge for the hijack. I'm done here.

Last edited by IRONCHEF (2008-02-21 12:11:59)

steelie34
pub hero!

dayarath wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

Protest in front of Iranian embassies or the likes (peaceful ofcourse) If all the people protesting are muslims it would be 'breaking news' for quite some time.
ok, and like i said, why should they care?  do you protest in front of the US embassy because they don't give fair trial to guantanamo bay prisoners?  how bout the blackwater scandal? 

its funny, everyone here wants someone else to protest something that affects them, but will not protest something that affects other people.

(im just playing devils advocate, my statements do not always reflect my opionion.)
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6779

IRONCHEF wrote:

I'm quite jovial that I silenced usmarine's yap (it's more of a game, actually).
I was in the shower actually.  And I answered your question before you even asked it if you would read the thread troll.

Last edited by usmarine (2008-02-21 12:27:45)

NantanCochise
+55|5996|Portugal/United States

steelie34 wrote:

dayarath wrote:

steelie34 wrote:

ok, and like i said, why should they care?  do you protest in front of the US embassy because they don't give fair trial to guantanamo bay prisoners?  how bout the blackwater scandal? 

its funny, everyone here wants someone else to protest something that affects them, but will not protest something that affects other people.

(im just playing devils advocate, my statements do not always reflect my opionion.)
-so why make them???????

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard